Why THG use Asus A8N32 and not DFI LANParty Expert?

kakashi

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
Anyone know why THG has been using Asus A8N32 for their testing and not DFI LANPartyUT NF4 SLI-DR Expert ? I haven't seen THG talk much about DFI board. Is it because Asus A8N32 is a better board?

kakashi

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
I see a lot other website like Anandtech.com do some test on the Expert. The only thing bad about this board the GTX card will hit the northbridge fan housing.

I always thought that THG do test all the high end stuff. I guess the DFI Expert is Ultra High End than and THG is there yet ???. I heard that there will be a newer ver. of Expert board end of Feb.?????

kakashi

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
There are a lot people complain about the DFI too only because they take long time get it to work right. The only thing I can say is the DFI Expert is for Expert people. :D

kakashi

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
I don't know about Abit. I just sold my Abit mother board (AV8). I has a lot problem with the BIOS. They still work on the BIOS. Everytime a new ver. came out some thing wrong with. I finnaly give up on Abit, and a lot people that I talk to end up sale the board on eBay. So no more Abit.