Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

I run a DOS application (Foxpro) on Windows 2003 Terminal Services. At
various times, the application seems to hang. Users can move the DOS window,
but cannot interact with it. There seems to be no pattern or particular
place this happens, nor are any messages produced; the app simply stops
responding to the user.

The same app works fine if Citrix Metaframe is used. Just has a problem with
Windows 2003 Terminal Services. Unfortunately, it leads to other unpleasant
things like users clicking the 'X' to terminate the application, or just
'X'ing out of the session altogether, and starting a new one.

Anyone know why this might happen?

Thanks

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> I run a DOS application (Foxpro) on Windows 2003 Terminal
> Services. At
> various times, the application seems to hang. Users can move
> the DOS window,
> but cannot interact with it. There seems to be no pattern or
> particular
> place this happens, nor are any messages produced; the app
> simply stops
> responding to the user.
>
> The same app works fine if Citrix Metaframe is used. Just has
> a problem with
> Windows 2003 Terminal Services. Unfortunately, it leads to
> other unpleasant
> things like users clicking the 'X' to terminate the
> application, or just
> 'X'ing out of the session altogether, and starting a new one.
>
> Anyone know why this might happen?
>
> Thanks

I have never used windows 2003 (probably will at some point), how ever
if it’s similare to xp (plus serverness, like DNS server and such)
then you should try running the program this "DOS" app using diffrant
compatability.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Applications-DOS-app-hangs-ftopict406807.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1349411