TS Session to show Application only

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

I was wondering if TS could be made to look like Citrix, where you click on
an Application and only application comes up instead of a terminal session
with the application inside of it. Is this possible without having to buy
citrix?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

No, published applications is not a native TS feature.

The best you can do with native TS is to configure a Starting
application in your Remote Desktop Client, and then save the settings
in an rdp file.
Double-clicking the rdp file will start a ts session and
automatically start the application. But this is not a good method if
you have more than one application, since it creates a new session
for every application.
Moreover, the application will still run in a window (not seamless
like in Citrix).
Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

=?Utf-8?B?UGlua3NvY2tz?= <Pinksocks@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote on 12 aug 2005 in