Question on Office2003 licensing on Ts

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

I have a setup with approx 20 users. The plan is to use the terminal server
as a desktop and avoid having to upgrade workstations in the future.
Each workstation currently has Office 2003 installed.
My question is... how does the licensing work on Terminal Server? Do I need
a license for each user?
1 answer Last reply
More about question office2003 licensing
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

    In this case as far as I know not. You may use Office 2003 both on TS and
    Local
    for the same person. So you only need 1 Office License per user. Not however
    if
    he work from home and connect to Office TS. That is what I remember from
    License University :-)

    --

    Regards,
    Dr.Conti (PubForum - The SBC Community Conference owner)

    "B. Horstmanshof" <wheeezer@optonline.net> wrote in message
    >I have a setup with approx 20 users. The plan is to use the terminal server
    > as a desktop and avoid having to upgrade workstations in the future.
    > Each workstation currently has Office 2003 installed.
    > My question is... how does the licensing work on Terminal Server? Do I
    > need
    > a license for each user?

Workstations Office Windows