Question on Office2003 licensing on Ts

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 6, 2005 2:48:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

I have a setup with approx 20 users. The plan is to use the terminal server
as a desktop and avoid having to upgrade workstations in the future.
Each workstation currently has Office 2003 installed.
My question is... how does the licensing work on Terminal Server? Do I need
a license for each user?
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 2:07:37 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

In this case as far as I know not. You may use Office 2003 both on TS and
Local
for the same person. So you only need 1 Office License per user. Not however
if
he work from home and connect to Office TS. That is what I remember from
License University :-)

--

Regards,
Dr.Conti (PubForum - The SBC Community Conference owner)

!