Terminal Server Document Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Hi

Has anybody used remote-scan to allow scanning form Terminal server or
Citrix.

Cheers

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Windows rdp does not support redirection of local scanners, so you
will need some 3rd party software.

Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 (Enterprise and Advanced Editions
only) provides TWAIN support; local scanners and USB attached
digital cameras are now supported.

Other solutions are based on sharing the scanner on the network.
This can be done with a number of 3rd party utilities:

* RemoteScan - lets you share any kind of TWAIN scanner (SCSI / USB
/ Firewire, etc.)
http://www.remote-scan.com/
* LWP DokScan for RDP
http://www.lwp.de/dokscanrdp.html?&L=1
* ScanShare Pro - from Netcore (SCSI scanners only)
http://www.netcore.com.tw/product.htm
* Some scanner models include network scanner sharing, and are
accessible by terminal server users.
Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

"News Microsoft" <walesman@hotmail.com> wrote on 22 sep 2005 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications:

> Hi
>
> Has anybody used remote-scan to allow scanning form Terminal
> server or Citrix.
>
> Cheers

coryw

Yep. Remotescan (www.remote-scan.com) works. We use it with scanners that are attached directly to our thin clients (neoware XPe) in both our Terminal Server 2003 and Citrix environments. We tried to use the twain redirection that Citrix provided, but couldnt get it to work consistently.

MarkZ

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009
Also try VirtualScan Software www.scan-monitor.com. It has central management, better support and also less expensive.

Remotescan was the only solution in the market up to last year. Finaly now we have additional solution

Courtney B

VirtScan has come a long way, network any scanner into terminal server and citrix. Very easy to install and manage the environment. The application is available through scan-monitor as well as ocrsolutions.com

cricure

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
Hi,
Remotescan is crap, licensing is worst ever.
300€ per client pc . Example . If you have 10 pc connected to terminal server, it cost 3000€. lol

We are using TSScan from terminalworks, and it works great, pricing is server based about 380 $ per server.

Do not buy remote scan....please.