PC Crashed after SP2 installation

Nik

My PC crashed after installing SP2 and restarting the PC. It says "cannot
find winsrv file .Please reinstall the application to fix this issue"
I am not even able to go in safe mode.
Please help ASAP

Nik <Nik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My PC crashed after installing SP2 and restarting the PC. It says "cannot
>find winsrv file .Please reinstall the application to fix this issue"
>I am not even able to go in safe mode.

Boot from a boot disk and copy the WINSRV.DLL from the
WINDOWS\SERVICEPACKFILES\I386 folder to WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 manually. Or
do this from the Recovery Console.
"How to Access the Recovery Console During Startup"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307654)

--
(tm)