Sign in with
Your question

Please help, Pci Express x16 question....

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 11, 2006 4:25:35 PM

I just built my 3rd computer, Abit Fatal1y mobo, and a 7800 gtx pci card.
When I go to my display properties, it gives me info about my cards settings. One of the bits of info is that it says "Pci Express; 8x"
Shouldn't that say "x16"???? I have the card in slot 1, and nothing is disabled anywhere, just wondering if any of you guys know the problem, if there is one I guess, thanks.
January 11, 2006 5:58:45 PM

Quote:
I just built my 3rd computer, Abit Fatal1y mobo, and a 7800 gtx pci card.
When I go to my display properties, it gives me info about my cards settings. One of the bits of info is that it says "Pci Express; 8x"
Shouldn't that say "x16"???? I have the card in slot 1, and nothing is disabled anywhere, just wondering if any of you guys know the problem, if there is one I guess, thanks.

Don't have that mobo...but this is usually caused by either outdated AGP/Chipset drivers, or outdated/incorrect video card driver version. Also there ARE some PCIe x8 slots, but this mobo has the x16. I'd look for updated motherboard drivers first (remember you have to completely uninstall then reinstall vid card drivers for the mobo drivers to take effect)
January 13, 2006 8:09:25 AM

I already responded to your other post, flip the damned SLI mode card on the motherboard.
!