Multiple client RAS/VPN connections

RC

I have a terminal server running with 4 clients attached to it. I notiched
that when one of the clients opens a RAS connection or VPN connection to a
customer it is not possible voor others clients to surf the internet or to
open an other VPN session to an other customer.

RAS uses a dial-up modem pool
VPN uses internet

Is there a solution to this problem?

THX in advance!

RC

Sound like a problem with the default gateway.
Check if this helps:

242051 - RDP Client Can Lose Connection to Terminal Server If
Terminal Server Initiates a RAS Session to a Remote Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=242051

270857 - How to Use a Modem with Terminal Services
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=270857

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"RC" <no@spam.tv> wrote in

> I have a terminal server running with 4 clients attached to it.
> I notiched that when one of the clients opens a RAS connection
> or VPN connection to a customer it is not possible voor others
> clients to surf the internet or to open an other VPN session to
> an other customer.
>
> RAS uses a dial-up modem pool
> VPN uses internet
>
> Is there a solution to this problem?
>
> THX in advance!
>
> RC

RC

When I check with ipconfig /all there are two default gateways:

RAS default gateway
LAN default gateway

The option "Use default gateway on remote network" for Ras/VPN is checked.

So if I clear the above setting and configure a static route for the traffic
destinated for the RAS/VPN server on the other side the problem should be
solved?

But is it possible for all sessions to have a RAS/VPN simultations? (to
different locations)

session 1 RAS1 connection
session 2 VPN1 connection
session 3 RAS2 connection
session 4 VPN2 connection

Or is Windows 2000 terminal services only capable of one RAS/VPN connection
per terminal server?

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> schreef in bericht
> Sound like a problem with the default gateway.
> Check if this helps:
>
> 242051 - RDP Client Can Lose Connection to Terminal Server If
> Terminal Server Initiates a RAS Session to a Remote Server
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=242051
>
> 270857 - How to Use a Modem with Terminal Services
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=270857
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "RC" <no@spam.tv> wrote in
>
> > I have a terminal server running with 4 clients attached to it.
> > I notiched that when one of the clients opens a RAS connection
> > or VPN connection to a customer it is not possible voor others
> > clients to surf the internet or to open an other VPN session to
> > an other customer.
> >
> > RAS uses a dial-up modem pool
> > VPN uses internet
> >
> > Is there a solution to this problem?
> >
> > THX in advance!
> >
> > RC

Have not tested this personally, but I think that you can define
multiple static routes to achieve this:

How to Use Static Routes with Routing and Remote Access Service
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=178993

--

> When I check with ipconfig /all there are two default gateways:
>
> RAS default gateway
> LAN default gateway
>
> The option "Use default gateway on remote network" for Ras/VPN
> is checked.
>
> So if I clear the above setting and configure a static route for
> the traffic destinated for the RAS/VPN server on the other side
> the problem should be solved?
>
> But is it possible for all sessions to have a RAS/VPN
> simultations? (to different locations)
>
> session 1 RAS1 connection
> session 2 VPN1 connection
> session 3 RAS2 connection
> session 4 VPN2 connection
>
> Or is Windows 2000 terminal services only capable of one RAS/VPN
> connection per terminal server?
>

> "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se>
> schreef in bericht
>> Sound like a problem with the default gateway.
>> Check if this helps:
>>
>> 242051 - RDP Client Can Lose Connection to Terminal Server If
>> Terminal Server Initiates a RAS Session to a Remote Server
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=242051
>>
>> 270857 - How to Use a Modem with Terminal Services
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=270857
>>
>> --
>> Vera Noest
>> MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
>> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
>> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>>
>> "RC" <no@spam.tv> wrote in
>>
>> > I have a terminal server running with 4 clients attached to
>> > it. I notiched that when one of the clients opens a RAS
>> > connection or VPN connection to a customer it is not possible
>> > voor others clients to surf the internet or to open an other
>> > VPN session to an other customer.
>> >
>> > RAS uses a dial-up modem pool
>> > VPN uses internet
>> >
>> > Is there a solution to this problem?
>> >
>> > THX in advance!
>> >
>> > RC

RC

It is indeed the solution:

-clear "Use default gateway on remote network" for Ras/VPN
-make a static route with "route add -p ......."

Now it is possible to initiate as many concurrent RAS/VPN connects as I want
to, the connects are seen by ALL sessions but this is not a problem at all
to me

"RC" <no@spam.tv> schreef in bericht