TSWeb Disconnect Error 2308

Goldie

Hi there,

I have enabled ts web connections for our remote users. They are able to
connect and use both through the Remote Desktop client and also the tsweb
connection. However, after a few minutes of being connected they get bumped
off with either of "Vbscript : internal error" or "Remote Desktop Connection
Failed". I have enabled advanced error checking through the connect.asp page
and get the following. ".. disconnect code : 2308". I checked and that
indicates a "Socket Closed" error.

Can anyone help me with this. It seems completely random at times. Also
worth mentioning is that if i connect to the server through tsweb sat
locally on the LAN that error never seems to appear. Well ive left it
running for hours and it still stays connected.

My scenario.
* Windows 2000 Server, Terminal Services Applications mode, latest SP and
updates. I have removed antivirus software except for exchange and have
disabled the
firewall as well.
* Clients are Windows 2000 Pro (Latest SP and Updates), and XP (Latest
Updates and SP).
* Router : Belkin with ports 3389 and 80 open. NAT enabled.
* Connection : NTL Broadband 1mb.

Thank you

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Hi Goldie

That means your RDP session is dropped due to communication problem. There
are many reasons cause this problem. Base on my experience, firewall and VPN
may drop any idle TCP (RDP is run on TCP) sessions and cause unexpected
disconnect on your Terminal Service session.

Please check your session status should be "Active" instead of "Disconnect"
in Terminal Server Manager if your session is disconnect due to above case.

Regards,
George Kwan

"Goldie" <anything@someone.com> ¦b¶l¥ó
news:eUvJ96IHEHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl ¤¤¼¶¼g...