terminal services printing

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 17, 2004 3:22:33 PM

Hi group

i have a problem here which as a new member of this news group realise has
probalby been discussed before though i only have the lst 1000 headers..

i have a local networked printer with address 192.168.0.200.. it is
connected to a switch which in turn is connected to a router with a static
IP address that has NAT enabled.. therefore all of the local PCs have their
IP addresses assigned by DHCP on the router. all except the Printer of
course which is static.. all of the local PCs can print and fax fine
through the local network.. what i'm trying to do is make this printer/fax
with the 192.168.0.200 address available when i connect to my server which
is in the remote office via TS..

i've read up quite a bit and see that i can use Automatic Printer
Redirection which would use a driver for the local Pc which should be
installed on the server.. i've tried this but it did not work after
repeated attmepts.. perhaps it has something to do with the printer being
connected thru' a local network and not connected directly to the PC via
USB, LPT or COM port..

when i tried to install the printer drivers on the server (where there is
technically not a printer connected as it is in the remote location), at the
end of the setup process i received an error message to say the printer was
not installed as the print spooler was not started??? when i checked, it
seems to be started at the start of the install but not at the end. also,
i also noticed that when i installed a printer directly to the PC, I
received an error telling me that the printer spooler had terminated
unexpectedly.. needless to say the system did not print from my TS session
to the local connected printer..

any ideas anyone..

thanks for taking the truble to read my problem..

cheers, mat
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 5:07:02 AM

Hi,
Maybe I can help you, bud before I need to know the Operating Systems
in the client and server machine
Joan

!