Slow printing to local printer via RDP

Hi, I have a printing problem via RDP. The server is win2000 SP4, running Terminal Server (app mode).
There are remote users who want to use an application running in the W2k server via RDP and they want to be able to print to their local printers.
Connection between the 2 sites uses IPSEC VPN (both 1.5Mb/256Kb link). And the printers are connected to the (remote) workstations via LPT. Those printes work well when print directly, but when they want to print via RDP, it is very slow (sometimes the job even disappears). What I did, I shared the (remote) LPT printers and mapped them in the W2k server. The printers are HP1100 and HP1200. Drivers that come with W2k (by default) are being used.
I did a test, print from the W2k server to the remote printer, and it was still unstable. The test involved sending test page job. Any setting I need to follow for this case?

Here's the setting under Advanced tab of the printer:
spool print doc so program print faster (checked) > start printing immediately (checked)
print spooled documents first (checked)
enable advanced printing feature (checked)

Print processor: tried EMF 1.008, RAW; but to no avail

Thanks.
Miki

joan

Miki,

I had similar problems after upgrading the Server to Win2000 SP4.
I uninstall SP4 and go back to SP3+ Q328020 Hotfix (read article 328020 from
KB) and works fine.
Joan

"Miki" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
> Hi, I have a printing problem via RDP. The server is win2000 SP4, running
Terminal Server (app mode).
> There are remote users who want to use an application running in the W2k
server via RDP and they want to be able to print to their local printers.
> Connection between the 2 sites uses IPSEC VPN (both 1.5Mb/256Kb link). And
the printers are connected to the (remote) workstations via LPT. Those
printes work well when print directly, but when they want to print via RDP,
it is very slow (sometimes the job even disappears). What I did, I shared
the (remote) LPT printers and mapped them in the W2k server. The printers
are HP1100 and HP1200. Drivers that come with W2k (by default) are being
used.
> I did a test, print from the W2k server to the remote printer, and it was
still unstable. The test involved sending test page job. Any setting I need
to follow for this case?

> Here's the setting under Advanced tab of the printer:
> spool print doc so program print faster (checked) > start printing
immediately (checked)
> print spooled documents first (checked)
> enable advanced printing feature (checked)
>
> Print processor: tried EMF 1.008, RAW; but to no avail
>
> Thanks.
> Miki

joan

I had the same problem after upgrading to W2000 SP4. I uninstall SP4 and go
back to SP3 + Q328020 Hotfix and works fine