Sign in with
Your question

How do I lock down settings modifications on Ipad

Last response: in Mac Os X
July 24, 2012 1:10:28 AM

Hi All,

Can one of you tell me how its possible to lock down the settings icon/mods for Ipad2. I googled a bit and I dont see how. I got a new ipad and thought I configured all the "Restrictions" correct...in app purchases etc, but today when turning on the ipad it asked me for a 4 digit pass code. I didnt set up a screen lock passcode!! Only the restrictions pass code and that was not it. Im 100% sure the code I tried was the only one I set.

After talking to the kid she thinks she did last night but couldnt remember the pass code. Gave me a few possibilties and the thing locked me out (Wait 1minute, now 5, now 15, ......) I restored the Ipad to default. How do I lock this thing down so my kid cant play sys admin. Im new to Mac.

Thank you
July 24, 2012 6:02:02 PM

Other than locking the complete device there isn't any way of protecting just the settings, other than not letting kids play with it.
m
l
July 25, 2012 1:02:14 AM

So far I have not found a way. Looks like many others have the same problem. Best thing it looks like I can do for now is try and hide the folder within another. Restrictions help but you can still gain access to other things that don't need to be messed with.
m
l
!