Installing & using a LaserJet 4 Plus duplexer

A few weeks ago I asked about the advisability of buying a used duplexer,
and the responses were encouraging. In another forum I asked about
installation, since used gadgets tend to come without instructions, and I
was assured that there is nothing to it: put the printer on top, plug it in,
and go.

My duplexer just arrived, and I'm finding that it isn't quite as simple to
use as that.

There are "instructions" printed on the bottom plate of the duplexer's paper
tray. Unfortunately they are the type of pictographic instructions that are
comprehensible only to people who can't read.

As far as I can interpret them, here is what I'm supposed to do.

1. Insert the rear and right paper detents in the appropriate positions for
the length and width of the paper to be used.

2. Insert paper in the tray. (I thought this was a holding tray for paper
that has been printed on one side but has not yet been printed on the other.
The pictograph seems to indicate otherwise, but if I understand it
correctly, I'm baffled about where half-printed paper actually goes.)

3. Press the paper down to ensure that all of the sheets are underneath the
retaining clip in the left front corner of the tray.

4. Adjust the left-hand knob at the front of the paper tray. (What to adjust
it for unclear -- it's labeled with a two-headed arrow, but there is no hint
about what it does.)

5. Adjust the right-hand knob at the front of the paper tray. (This one is
clear; it has positions labeled Letter, Legal, Exec, and A4.)

6. (Presumably, not shown in the "instructions"): push the tray in.

Can anyone clarify what I'm supposed to do to use this thing, once I install
it?
24 answers Last reply
More about installing laserjet duplexer

    Jonathan Sachs wrote:
    > A few weeks ago I asked about the advisability of buying a used duplexer,
    > and the responses were encouraging. In another forum I asked about
    > installation, since used gadgets tend to come without instructions, and I
    > was assured that there is nothing to it: put the printer on top, plug it in,
    > and go.
    >
    > My duplexer just arrived, and I'm finding that it isn't quite as simple to
    > use as that.
    >
    > There are "instructions" printed on the bottom plate of the duplexer's paper
    > tray. Unfortunately they are the type of pictographic instructions that are
    > comprehensible only to people who can't read.
    >
    > As far as I can interpret them, here is what I'm supposed to do.
    >
    > 1. Insert the rear and right paper detents in the appropriate positions for
    > the length and width of the paper to be used.
    >
    > 2. Insert paper in the tray. (I thought this was a holding tray for paper
    > that has been printed on one side but has not yet been printed on the other.
    > The pictograph seems to indicate otherwise, but if I understand it
    > correctly, I'm baffled about where half-printed paper actually goes.)
    >
    > 3. Press the paper down to ensure that all of the sheets are underneath the
    > retaining clip in the left front corner of the tray.
    >
    > 4. Adjust the left-hand knob at the front of the paper tray. (What to adjust
    > it for unclear -- it's labeled with a two-headed arrow, but there is no hint
    > about what it does.)
    >
    > 5. Adjust the right-hand knob at the front of the paper tray. (This one is
    > clear; it has positions labeled Letter, Legal, Exec, and A4.)
    >
    > 6. (Presumably, not shown in the "instructions"): push the tray in.
    >
    > Can anyone clarify what I'm supposed to do to use this thing, once I install
    > it?

    Can your email account take a pretty large attachment?

    About 4.5 megs

    HP LJ 4 4plus 4m 4m plus 5 5m 5n Service Manual.Pdf

    Reply by e-mail and don't forget to CUTHERE in the address.

    Jim

    On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 00:52:30 UTC, jbuch <jbuch@CUTHERErevealed.net>
    wrote:

    > Can your email account take a pretty large attachment?
    >
    > About 4.5 megs
    >
    > HP LJ 4 4plus 4m 4m plus 5 5m 5n Service Manual.Pdf

    If not, I have one he can download.

    But it won't magically turn a 500 sheet paper tray into a duplexer.

    --
    Bob Eager
    begin a new life...dump Windows!

    "Bob Eager" <rde42@spamcop.net> wrote in message

    > But it won't magically turn a 500 sheet paper tray into a duplexer.

    You're right. I didn't realize what was wrong because I haven't seen a
    duplexer before, but this ain't it. Back to the seller I go.

    "Jonathan Sachs" <llm040903@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    Further adventures with buying a duplexer...

    I contacted the seller and informed him that he had unintentionally shipped
    a lower paper cassette instead of a duplexer. He was very cooperative and
    shipped the duplexer immediately. We agreed that the cost of returning the
    lower paper cassette exceeded its value, so I would keep it.

    The duplexer arrived today. I installed it with the lower paper cassette.
    The process was very easy, as promised. I have two problems, though.

    First, the darn thing doesn't work. Whenever the paper transport mechanism
    is operating the duplexer makes a loud Clack-Clack-Clack noise which does
    not sound normal. When the paper should feed into the duplexer's "switchback
    assembly," it just bumps into the back instead, resulting in a paper jam and
    an accordion-folded sheet of paper.

    I have my own theory about what is happening, but I would like to hear
    informed opinions before I state it.

    My second problem is that I can't figure out how to turn the thing off. Now
    that I have configured the print driver to "duplexer installed," it tries to
    use the duplexer every time I print something. I assumed that installing the
    duplexer would cause another control to appear in the Print dialog box to
    let me select whether to use it or not, or else the drop-down list of paper
    sources would be expanded to include "Upper Cassette with Duplexer," etc. No
    such luck. I can't find the control -- where is it?

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 19:41:52 UTC, "Jonathan Sachs"
    <llm040903@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > First, the darn thing doesn't work. Whenever the paper transport mechanism
    > is operating the duplexer makes a loud Clack-Clack-Clack noise which does
    > not sound normal. When the paper should feed into the duplexer's "switchback
    > assembly," it just bumps into the back instead, resulting in a paper jam and
    > an accordion-folded sheet of paper.
    >
    > I have my own theory about what is happening, but I would like to hear
    > informed opinions before I state it.

    I've not had a duplexer go wrong, but it sounds as if the paper
    transport at the back of the duplexer isn't pulling the paper out of the
    fuser. Not sure if that's a belt or a separate motor.. Another
    possibility is that a sensor isn't detecting the paper and turning the
    transport on. Third idea is that the printer is failing ton recognise
    the duplexer.

    Does it offer Duplex as an option unde the Print menu on the control
    panel on the actual printer? If it doesn't, could be the duplexer isn't
    seated properly on its serial connector underneath (the four pin plug).

    I appreciate you can't yet get a test print, and even if it's a crumpled
    one it'll be blank because the duplexer always prints the second side
    first, so you won't see the test print until after the page has gone
    through the duplexer and back through the print engine for the second
    time.

    If you can see Duplex as an option, turn it off because (depending on
    operating system and printer driver) that may override any software
    choice (see below).

    > My second problem is that I can't figure out how to turn the thing off. Now
    > that I have configured the print driver to "duplexer installed," it tries to
    > use the duplexer every time I print something. I assumed that installing the
    > duplexer would cause another control to appear in the Print dialog box to
    > let me select whether to use it or not, or else the drop-down list of paper
    > sources would be expanded to include "Upper Cassette with Duplexer," etc. No
    > such luck. I can't find the control -- where is it?

    You don't say which operating system; it varies. I can check on XP (if I
    can get the machine out; I use it rarely), on Windows 3.1 (Yes!) and on
    OS/2. On the latter two it's a set of three radio buttons to select long
    edge binding, short edge binding (inverted page on reverse) or simplex.

    I wouldn't expect it to be a paper source selection, though. More a
    printing option.

    (I take it you're in the USA, and not Jonathan Sachs the English chief
    rabbi?)
    --
    Bob Eager

    > I've not had a duplexer go wrong, but it sounds as if the paper
    > transport at the back of the duplexer isn't pulling the paper out of the
    > fuser. Not sure if that's a belt or a separate motor.

    According to the service manual (p.A-3) it's a motor: "As the paper exits
    the fuser, the Switchback Solenoid (1) is activated. The Switchback Solenoid
    moves the Switchback Input Paper Guide (2), routing the paper into the
    Switchback mechanism. The Switchback Stepper Motor (3) then pulls the paper
    out of the printer into the switchback assembly.

    > Does it offer Duplex as an option unde the Print menu on the control
    > panel on the actual printer? If it doesn't, could be the duplexer isn't
    > seated properly on its serial connector underneath (the four pin plug).

    No, no duplex option there at all. Your suggestion occurred to me, and I
    checked the bottom of the printer to be sure that it was properly aligned
    and fully seated on the duplexer. As far as I could tell, it was.

    I had to remove the duplexer to make the printer work at all; removing power
    from it and configuring the driver to ignore it did not help. I will put it
    back on when I have a theory to test. The four-pin plug is a possibility,
    but before I pursue it I will need to know how it's possible (if it's
    possible) for the plug to fail to connect when the printer appears to be
    correctly aligned and seated. (And how to fix it, of course, if that does
    not become obvious when the problem is identified.)

    > You don't say which operating system; it varies. I can check on XP (if I
    > can get the machine out; I use it rarely), on Windows 3.1 (Yes!) and on
    > OS/2. On the latter two it's a set of three radio buttons to select long
    > edge binding, short edge binding (inverted page on reverse) or simplex.

    It's WinXP. Sorry I didn't state that.

    > (I take it you're in the USA, and not Jonathan Sachs the English chief
    > rabbi?)

    Oy veh. No, I'm not the chief rabbi of England (and I think he spells it
    with a K, although I won't swear to it). I was astonished when I first heard
    of him, though. One more of us, in addition to Jonathan Sachs the inventor
    of Lotus 1-2-3 (who is a former college roommate of a friend) and Jonathan
    Sachs who works for Microsoft, and another one who was a music student at
    the college I attended at the same time I was there. I am not Jonathan
    Sachs, as the joke goes, but another person with the same name.

    Here's a random idea: after accidentally sending me a lower paper cassette
    instead of a duplexer, could the seller have accidentally sent me the wrong
    duplexer? For a LaserJet 4, for example, instead of a LaserJet 4 Plus?

    "Jonathan Sachs" <llm040903@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<HY9ld.25000$KJ6.1130@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
    > Here's a random idea: after accidentally sending me a lower paper cassette
    > instead of a duplexer, could the seller have accidentally sent me the wrong
    > duplexer? For a LaserJet 4, for example, instead of a LaserJet 4 Plus?

    See the parts catalog at TPW:
    <http://www.printerworks.com/Catalogs/EX-Catalog/EX-AssblyContents.html#Duplex>
    and
    <http://www.printerworks.com/Catalogs/EX-Catalog/D10EXDuplexExtCovers.html>
    "C3157A; Duplexer Upgrade; LJ 4+ / 4M+"
    No listing for a duplexer for LJ4.

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:31:19 UTC, "Jonathan Sachs"
    <llm040903@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > Here's a random idea: after accidentally sending me a lower paper cassette
    > instead of a duplexer, could the seller have accidentally sent me the wrong
    > duplexer? For a LaserJet 4, for example, instead of a LaserJet 4 Plus?

    Don't think there *is* a duplexer for the LJ4.

    In any case, the printer would complain. It certainly does if you fit
    one of the earlier (LJ4 only) 500 sheet lower paper trays...

    --
    Bob Eager
    begin a new life...dump Windows!

    js: > the duplexer makes a loud Clack-Clack-Clack noise

    Is the duplex power cord stub plugged into the
    printer? The line cord plugs into the duplexer.
    If the power cords are switched, the printer will
    not recognize the duplexer (and it makes a
    rythmic clicking sound).

    If you can get the clack to go away, then take
    the printer off-line, press
    [Menu] once: "PRINTING MENU"
    then
    [Item] 8 times: "DUPLEX=OFF*"
    (this sets the hardware duplex mode default)

    And there was no duplexer for the original LJ4.
    I bought an LJ4M+ precisely because of this.

    Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong? My gut feel is that the
    duplexer is not truly broken, and I only need to change something in the
    installation procedure or make some simple adjustment, but I don't know what
    to look for.

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 13:40:56 UTC, "Jonathan Sachs"
    <llm040903@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong? My gut feel is that the
    > duplexer is not truly broken, and I only need to change something in the
    > installation procedure or make some simple adjustment, but I don't know what
    > to look for.

    Until the printer recognises the duplexer, forget about anything else.
    That may not be anything mechanical, so check the wiring and the board
    etc. in the duplexer, and for damage to the serial plug/socket (the 4
    pin one).

    I suspect that once it recognises it, the logic will turn on the
    duplexer motor at the right time! If the printer doesn't know the
    duplexer is there, it won't happen.

    --

    "Bob Niland" <email4rjn@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > Is the duplex power cord stub plugged into the
    > printer?

    Yes.

    > If the power cords are switched, the printer will
    > not recognize the duplexer (and it makes a
    > rythmic clicking sound).

    It made that sound, although the power cords were correctly connected. (If
    they were not, the duplexer would have been plugged into itself, and obvious
    absurdity.) I gather that the printer did not recognize the presence of the
    duplexer for some other reason.

    > If you can get the clack to go away, then take
    > the printer off-line, press [Menu] once...

    Whoa! That's a lot harder than maintaining two copies of the printer driver,
    one configured for the duplexer and one not; but I considered that a kluge
    which could not possibly have been the intended method of control.

    Think about how using the printer's control panel would work in an office
    environment, where the printer was meant to be used. Tom walks half-way
    across the office to turn on duplex mode, and while he's walking back to his
    office, Dick and Harry each print a hundred-page document that is NOT
    supposed to be duplexed. Good? Not.

    (Now, notice that Harry is Tom's boss.)

    I discovered a new piece of evidence: with the printer mounted directly on
    the 500-sheet cassette, I cannot make the cassette work. When I select
    "Lower Tray" (an option which was in Print dialog box's "sources" list all
    along), I get paper from the upper tray. When I select "Large Capacity"
    (which was also there all along), I get paper from the manual-feed tray. The
    printer does not seem to believe that the 500-sheet cassette is there,
    either. That points to the printer as the problem. I looked at the
    electrical connector on the printer, though, and I see nothing wrong. Can
    you suggest anything further I might do without trying to play doctor on the
    printer?

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 19:22:43 UTC, "Jonathan Sachs"
    <llm040903@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > > If you can get the clack to go away, then take
    > > the printer off-line, press [Menu] once...
    >
    > Whoa! That's a lot harder than maintaining two copies of the printer driver,
    > one configured for the duplexer and one not; but I considered that a kluge
    > which could not possibly have been the intended method of control.
    >
    > Think about how using the printer's control panel would work in an office
    > environment, where the printer was meant to be used. Tom walks half-way
    > across the office to turn on duplex mode, and while he's walking back to his
    > office, Dick and Harry each print a hundred-page document that is NOT
    > supposed to be duplexed. Good? Not.

    It's not suggested as a permanent measure. One normally operates by
    having duplexing turned OFF at the control penel, then turning it ON
    from software. But if it's on at the printer it might overrride the
    software. Hence worth checking. But it's immaterial since that menu item
    isn't appearing.

    > I discovered a new piece of evidence: with the printer mounted directly on
    > the 500-sheet cassette, I cannot make the cassette work. When I select
    > "Lower Tray" (an option which was in Print dialog box's "sources" list all
    > along), I get paper from the upper tray. When I select "Large Capacity"
    > (which was also there all along), I get paper from the manual-feed tray. The
    > printer does not seem to believe that the 500-sheet cassette is there,
    > either. That points to the printer as the problem. I looked at the
    > electrical connector on the printer, though, and I see nothing wrong. Can
    > you suggest anything further I might do without trying to play doctor on the
    > printer?

    Well, print a self test (select menu for tests, then self test, then
    Enter). The self test sheet should indicate the presence of the LC tray.
    If it doesn't, then it isn't seeing that tray either. As I noted before,
    this isn't an option to check duplexer presence unless the duplexer
    works! This is because you are never getting to print the reverse side,
    which is in fact the 'first' side and the one the self test prints on.

    If it isn't seeing the tray, look for damage to the plug/pins/whatever.
    Either that or there is probably an internal fault (could be just a
    broken wire to the plug).

    --

    > Well, print a self test (select menu for tests, then self test, then
    > Enter). The self test sheet should indicate the presence of the LC tray.
    > If it doesn't, then it isn't seeing that tray either. As I noted before,
    > this isn't an option to check duplexer presence unless the duplexer
    > works! This is because you are never getting to print the reverse side,
    > which is in fact the 'first' side and the one the self test prints on.

    I tried that, and it says the LC tray is there. I'm not sure what
    implications that has for my broken-connector theory, or why it isn't at
    least trying to use the tray when I tell it to. (Or may it is trying to use
    the tray, and taking paper from the printer's built-in tray is merely a
    symptom of lack of success.)

    Maybe if I can figure out how to make the LC tray work I will learn
    something about how to make the duplexer work. The LC tray is easier to mess
    with because at least installing it does not disable the printer.

    I'm puzzled by the "paper source" menu, which lists:

    Automatically Select
    Auto Select
    Upper Paper Tray
    Manual Feed
    Lower Paper Tray
    Envelope Feed
    Large Capacity

    Never mind the mysterious distinction between the first two options, and
    "Envelope Feed," which isn't installed; however the trays are named, the
    list includes one more tray than the printer can possibly have! I'm curious
    about what this means, and whether it's a clue to the problem.

    > Maybe if I can figure out how to make the LC tray work
    > I will learn something about how to make the duplexer work.
    > The LC tray is easier to mess with because at least
    > installing it does not disable the printer.

    Another possible trap awaiting is printer RAM. The
    standard config for the LJ 4+ was 6MB, and at least
    10 MB is required for duplex printing. Unless you
    have at least 10, you may not be able to enable the
    duplexer in driver setup menus.

    This is apparently due to the out-of-order rendering
    of the pages, requiring buffer for 4 pages (2 sheets).

    On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 02:54:41 UTC, "Jonathan Sachs"
    <llm040903@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > I tried that, and it says the LC tray is there. I'm not sure what
    > implications that has for my broken-connector theory, or why it isn't at
    > least trying to use the tray when I tell it to. (Or may it is trying to use
    > the tray, and taking paper from the printer's built-in tray is merely a
    > symptom of lack of success.)

    This seems like a software problem, unlike the one with the duplexer.

    > Maybe if I can figure out how to make the LC tray work I will learn
    > something about how to make the duplexer work. The LC tray is easier to mess
    > with because at least installing it does not disable the printer.
    >
    > I'm puzzled by the "paper source" menu, which lists:
    >
    > Automatically Select
    > Auto Select
    > Upper Paper Tray
    > Manual Feed
    > Lower Paper Tray
    > Envelope Feed
    > Large Capacity
    >
    > Never mind the mysterious distinction between the first two options, and
    > "Envelope Feed," which isn't installed; however the trays are named, the
    > list includes one more tray than the printer can possibly have! I'm curious
    > about what this means, and whether it's a clue to the problem.

    Looks like the wrong printer driver. You *have* got the LaserJet 4+
    driver, not the 4P one?
    --

    > This seems like a software problem, unlike the one with the duplexer.

    I'll accept that as a working theory, but I'm baffled about what to look
    for. Ideas?

    > Looks like the wrong printer driver. You *have* got the LaserJet 4+
    > driver, not the 4P one?

    I'm using the driver for the "HP LaserJet 4M Plus," which is the specific
    printer I have. It should be identical to the 4 Plus except for the
    availability of PostScript. The 4 Plus driver is installed as well, and I
    have used both, but I have not tried these tests with the 4 Plus driver.

    On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 14:09:26 UTC, "Jonathan Sachs"
    <llm040903@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > "Bob Eager" <rde42@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    >
    > > This seems like a software problem, unlike the one with the duplexer.
    >
    > I'll accept that as a working theory, but I'm baffled about what to look
    > for. Ideas?

    Not really; I don't use Windows...!

    > > Looks like the wrong printer driver. You *have* got the LaserJet 4+
    > > driver, not the 4P one?
    >
    > I'm using the driver for the "HP LaserJet 4M Plus," which is the specific
    > printer I have. It should be identical to the 4 Plus except for the
    > availability of PostScript. The 4 Plus driver is installed as well, and I
    > have used both, but I have not tried these tests with the 4 Plus driver.

    Yes, the 4M Plus is identical to the 4 Plus apart from a) PostScript
    availability b) network connectivity, both of which are installable
    options anyway.

    I can't offer much more help on the Windows side....
    --

    Bob Niland wrote:
    >>Maybe if I can figure out how to make the LC tray work
    >>I will learn something about how to make the duplexer work.
    >>The LC tray is easier to mess with because at least
    >>installing it does not disable the printer.
    >

    > Another possible trap awaiting is printer RAM. The
    > standard config for the LJ 4+ was 6MB, and at least
    > 10 MB is required for duplex printing. Unless you
    > have at least 10, you may not be able to enable the
    > duplexer in driver setup menus.
    >
    > This is apparently due to the out-of-order rendering
    > of the pages, requiring buffer for 4 pages (2 sheets).

    Mt manual says that the 10 MB requirement is for POSTSCRIPT with 600 Dpi
    duplexing. And for 300 DPI postscript duplexing, the requirement is for
    4 MB of memory in the printer.

    Printing duplex with PCL at 600 DPI will go just fine with the installed
    memory of just 2 MB, says the manual.

    OP says that he has a laserjet 4M Plus which has 6 MB installed and the
    PostScript SIMM as well.

    Jim

    Keepsake gift for young girls.
    Unique and personal one-of-a-kind.
    Builds strong minds 12 ways.
    Guaranteed satisfaction
    - courteous money back
    - keep bonus gifts

    http://www.alicebook.com

    > Another possible trap awaiting is printer RAM. The
    > standard config for the LJ 4+ was 6MB, and at least
    > 10 MB is required for duplex printing. Unless you
    > have at least 10, you may not be able to enable the
    > duplexer in driver setup menus.

    That at least I can rule out. At the start of this misadventure I upgraded
    the printer from 6 MB to 38 MB, and reconfigured the driver accordingly.

    "jbuch" <jbuch@CUTHERErevealed.net> wrote in message

    > OP says that he has a laserjet 4M Plus which has 6 MB installed and the
    > PostScript SIMM as well.

    That was an accurate statement at the time I made it. The 6MB is now 38MB.

    Well, the story has a happy ending. Following is an edited version of the
    last message I sent to the person who sold me the duplexer. It explains what
    happened. I have just added dates for clarity and deleted the parts that are
    irrelevant or duplicate earlier messages in this thread.

    "I was going to contact you last Friday [November 12] to advise you that the
    duplexer had arrived but I could not make it work, but you have been so
    helpful that I couldn't bring myself to do that. Between procrastination and
    weekday busyness, I made it as far as today [November 16] without taking
    action.

    "Yesterday my building's receiving room notified me that I had received a
    package. I was not expecting a package, and did not have time to pick it up
    until late this afternoon. It was a very big package. It was from you. It
    was another duplexer.

    "I installed it, and it works perfectly.

    "Comparing the non-functioning duplexer to the functioning one, and
    referring to the service manual, it appears to me that the non-functioning
    unit's paper deflector is sticking out at an abnormal angle, and will block
    the paper path no matter which position it is in, assuming it is even able
    to change position. It appears that this unit is broken, after all.

    "So I now have the duplexer I originally wanted, plus a second broken one. I
    must ask whether you want me to return the broken one. I know it is worth
    substantially more than a paper cassette, but I don't know whether you are
    equipped to fix whatever is wrong. I hope you are; I can't imagine having a
    use for the thing, and I hate to throw equipment away.

    "Please make your sorcerer's-apprentice shipping people refrain from sending
    me a third duplexer! The second one is all I need."

    Free to good home!

    The seller told me to pitch the nonfunctioning duplexer in the trash,
    because its value doesn't justify the cost of returning it. As I said,
    though, I hate throwing out equipment that might be salvageable.

    If anybody wants this thing as a fix-it project, a source of spare parts, or
    just a conversation piece, its yours for the cost of shipping. If you live
    in the Chicago area we can arrange for a pickup, and I'm even willing to
    bring it to you if I can do so at a convenient time and place.

    In case my previous message isn't available, here's a description of what
    appears to be wrong:

    >Comparing the non-functioning duplexer to the
    >functioning one, and referring to the service
    >manual, it appears to me that the non-functioning
    >unit's paper deflector is sticking out at an abnormal
    >angle, and will block the paper path no matter
    >which position it is in, assuming it is even able
    >to change position.

    Please reply by e-mail if interested.

Printers Laserjet Peripherals