MAC Address on PPC 2003 (Dell Axion)

September 7, 2004 7:22:34 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm wanting to sign up for wireless ISP service and they lock down access by
MAC address. How can I find the MAC address of my wireless adapter on the
Dell Axiom PPC 2003? I've looked all over and can't find anything.

Anthony
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 2:05:35 AM

Sure - Dell provided a utility for this :

First start your Wifi on the Axim. Now go to
Start->Settings->Connections and look at the 'Dell WLAN utility'

Open that and you can see the page with current channel, disable
radio, rescan and so on buttons. Down the bottom, pick the 'Mor Info'
button.

The MAC addy of the adpater is listed near the bottom of the page,
just above Device Name.

Cheers - Neil

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:22:34 -0500, "Anthony M. Saffer"
<anthony@remove.to.email.opensource-strategies.com> wrote:

>Hi Everyone,
>
>I'm wanting to sign up for wireless ISP service and they lock down access by
>MAC address. How can I find the MAC address of my wireless adapter on the
>Dell Axiom PPC 2003? I've looked all over and can't find anything.
>
>Anthony

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 2:50:42 AM

>> I'm wanting to sign up for wireless ISP service and they lock down access by
>> MAC address. How can I find the MAC address of my wireless adapter on the
>> Dell Axiom PPC 2003? I've looked all over and can't find anything.
>>
>> Anthony
>>

> Depending on the OS you are using - in a command promt type: ipconfig /all
sorry, just see that it is PPC2003.
On my Axim5 I have PocketWarrior installed.
Here you can use the Card - Info function ....
!