need tech assist' with WIN 2003 Server TS - to connect wit..

Orville

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

Hello epext,

May we please have your recommendation on what is best to configure win 2003 Server TS to connect with to an NT workstation on a remote site.

Purpose, customer wants to backup their server remotely using their xDSL connection on both sites. We are currently using SONICWALL hardware and VPN clients as a means to connect to the remote site and I was advised to use the TS to minimise Internet traffic and latency.

Please help and thank you in advance

warm regards
Orville Dave

Enable Remote Desktop for Administration on the server (in Control
Panel - System - Properties - Remote).
Install then latest rdp client on the NT 4.0 workstation. Download
here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8255ffc-
4b4a-40e7-a706-cde7e9b57e79&DisplayLang=en

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server