Lexmark Z816- prints incorrect color

Nearly a month after purchasing a Lexmark Z816 Color Printer, it has
already started to go a little weird on me. It prints OK on most
images, but just recently, it started to print a light pink color in
place of a color shown as blue on the computer. I haven't exactly
noticed this bizarre change with other colors yet- and what really
astounds me is that the ink levels, color and b&w, are shown by the
Lexmark program to be slightly more than half full. So the problem
cant be related to ink levels. I even "cleaned the nozzles" (as the
Lexmark Maintenance program names the function) but got no better
results. Has anyone else run into this problem before? Thanks for any
advice.

Andrew

Any ideas guys??? )-: This thread is shamefully empty (-:

andrewtheartist@hotmail.com (android) wrote in message news:<a52c1982.0411051924.726ee619@posting.google.com>...
> Nearly a month after purchasing a Lexmark Z816 Color Printer, it has
> already started to go a little weird on me. It prints OK on most
> images, but just recently, it started to print a light pink color in
> place of a color shown as blue on the computer. I haven't exactly
> noticed this bizarre change with other colors yet- and what really
> astounds me is that the ink levels, color and b&w, are shown by the
> Lexmark program to be slightly more than half full. So the problem
> cant be related to ink levels. I even "cleaned the nozzles" (as the
> Lexmark Maintenance program names the function) but got no better
> results. Has anyone else run into this problem before? Thanks for any
> advice.
>
> Andrew

Any ideas guys??? )-: This thread is shamefully empty (-:

andrewtheartist@hotmail.com (android) wrote in message news:<a52c1982.0411051924.726ee619@posting.google.com>...
> Nearly a month after purchasing a Lexmark Z816 Color Printer, it has
> already started to go a little weird on me. It prints OK on most
> images, but just recently, it started to print a light pink color in
> place of a color shown as blue on the computer. I haven't exactly
> noticed this bizarre change with other colors yet- and what really
> astounds me is that the ink levels, color and b&w, are shown by the
> Lexmark program to be slightly more than half full. So the problem
> cant be related to ink levels. I even "cleaned the nozzles" (as the
> Lexmark Maintenance program names the function) but got no better
> results. Has anyone else run into this problem before? Thanks for any
> advice.
>
> Andrew

Any ideas guys??? )-: This thread is shamefully empty (-:

andrewtheartist@hotmail.com (android) wrote in message news:<a52c1982.0411051924.726ee619@posting.google.com>...
> Nearly a month after purchasing a Lexmark Z816 Color Printer, it has
> already started to go a little weird on me. It prints OK on most
> images, but just recently, it started to print a light pink color in
> place of a color shown as blue on the computer. I haven't exactly
> noticed this bizarre change with other colors yet- and what really
> astounds me is that the ink levels, color and b&w, are shown by the
> Lexmark program to be slightly more than half full. So the problem
> cant be related to ink levels. I even "cleaned the nozzles" (as the
> Lexmark Maintenance program names the function) but got no better
> results. Has anyone else run into this problem before? Thanks for any
> advice.
>
> Andrew

N evermind you guys are all obviously ignorant

andrewtheartist@hotmail.com (android) wrote in message news:<a52c1982.0411081806.d0aea58@posting.google.com>...
> Any ideas guys??? )-: This thread is shamefully empty (-:
>

> andrewtheartist@hotmail.com (android) wrote in message news:<a52c1982.0411051924.726ee619@posting.google.com>...
> > Nearly a month after purchasing a Lexmark Z816 Color Printer, it has
> > already started to go a little weird on me. It prints OK on most
> > images, but just recently, it started to print a light pink color in
> > place of a color shown as blue on the computer. I haven't exactly
> > noticed this bizarre change with other colors yet- and what really
> > astounds me is that the ink levels, color and b&w, are shown by the
> > Lexmark program to be slightly more than half full. So the problem
> > cant be related to ink levels. I even "cleaned the nozzles" (as the
> > Lexmark Maintenance program names the function) but got no better
> > results. Has anyone else run into this problem before? Thanks for any
> > advice.
> >
> > Andrew

Reply at bottom:::::
"android" <andrewtheartist@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>N evermind you guys are all obviously ignorant
>
> andrewtheartist@hotmail.com (android) wrote in message
>> Any ideas guys??? )-: This thread is shamefully empty (-:
>>

>> andrewtheartist@hotmail.com (android) wrote in message
>> > Nearly a month after purchasing a Lexmark Z816 Color Printer, it has
>> > already started to go a little weird on me. It prints OK on most
>> > images, but just recently, it started to print a light pink color in
>> > place of a color shown as blue on the computer. I haven't exactly
>> > noticed this bizarre change with other colors yet- and what really
>> > astounds me is that the ink levels, color and b&w, are shown by the
>> > Lexmark program to be slightly more than half full. So the problem
>> > cant be related to ink levels. I even "cleaned the nozzles" (as the
>> > Lexmark Maintenance program names the function) but got no better
>> > results. Has anyone else run into this problem before? Thanks for any
>> > advice.
>> >
>> > Andrew

Andrew -

The 'Lexmark' ink level software is an approximation of the amount of ink
used and in fact you could of used most all of a single color of ink.

If you printed a page that had allot of blue {which is my guess of the
missing color} the blue level maker would not drop because you still have
plenty of yellow and magenta left in your cartridge.

Even if you run the software 'CLEAN CARTRIDGE' routine, and the colors look
even, the cartridge still might still have too low of an ink level to print
color graphics correctly, due to ink flow troubles of a ink cartridge that
has low ink levels.

My guess is that you need to replace or refill your cartridge and your
colors should start printing correctly.

--David

---