User Name

August 19, 2004 11:47:32 AM

When I start my Win XP, after I made an update It all
ways stop at
"put in your USER NAME ". I do not whot that, I whot it
to load windows when I turne on my PC. How can I do that ?

Send email.: philip.warmington@ntlworld.com

Thank you for your time.

More about : user

Anonymous
August 19, 2004 3:12:41 PM

You must have installed the optional download called .Net framework. Go to
the control panel and uninstall it.

Joe

"Pwarm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I start my Win XP, after I made an update It all
> ways stop at
> "put in your USER NAME ". I do not whot that, I whot it
> to load windows when I turne on my PC. How can I do that ?
>
> Send email.: philip.warmington@ntlworld.com
>

> Thank you for your time.
August 19, 2004 10:39:46 PM

The questions and answers in newsgroups are for everyone's benefit. If you
went through the trouble of coming here to ask a question, then come back
here to find the answer and don't ask for a emailed answer. An answer
emailed to you benefits only you and not the newsgroup community.

"Pwarm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
When I start my Win XP, after I made an update It all
ways stop at
"put in your USER NAME ". I do not whot that, I whot it
to load windows when I turne on my PC. How can I do that ?

Send email.: philip.warmington@ntlworld.com

Thank you for your time.
Anonymous
August 19, 2004 11:25:27 PM

To automatically log in, do the following:

1) Click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2
2) In the list of users, highlight the user account you want automatically logged on.
3) Uncheck Users must enter a Username and password.................
4) Click Apply.
5) In the next dialog, enter the password for the account you selected in Step 2, if any
6) OK your way out.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.