Disconnects

pm

My remote desktop users accessing the TS 2003 Server are being disconnected from the server many times during the day. All of them are at different locations and all are "bumped" out at the same time. I have checked and re-checked all my timeout settings and those are set to never to disconnect. We are not loosing any connections from the ISP providers either.

If they are all dropping at the same time then it sure sounds like a network error - either your local lan or your ISP. Use performance monitor to begin logging the throughput on your network card. If you see a fluctuation when your clients are dropped then its your network media -network card, switch, router, etc that could be causing the issue. If you don't find any fluctuations in perf mon I would go through the event viewer for TS errors and warnings.

If you have 2003TS and Windows XP Sp1 or later, then the session
automatically reconnect. If the client pcs are not all XP (and they usually
arent!), Make sure the session Disconnect is allowed (TS Configuration,
Connections, RDP, Sessions, override user, and choose disconnect from
session). This will allow the user to connect just where he was left off -
or at least this is the case in Win2kServer/TS. Note: apparently MS had a
disconnect problem in 2kTS since in Win2k3TS and XPSp1+ sessions has the
neat auto-reconnect feature. See also KB article 216783 for Win2kTS issues
concerning a workaround, and also article 323258 which pertains to Win2k3TS.