setting up the graphics on fs9

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 29, 2005 8:28:30 PM

Ive noticed from looking at lots of screenshots that the quality of my video
seems rather poor - im using a Radeon 9800 (not pro/xt/aiw/se) on a AMD64
3200-based pc (S939, 1gig ram).

I cant seem to get rid of the jaggies, but i cant set my resolution higher
than 1280 x 1024. Should i expect a better quality image with a monitor
capable of higher resolutions?

Dan

More about : setting graphics fs9

March 29, 2005 8:44:39 PM

I have the same video card, and have my resolution set to 800 x 600. I live
with the jaggies because the rest of the image is just fine. I found that
increasing the resolution was a pain in the ass because it affected the
other displays on the computer and the hassle wasn't worth the gain on FS9.

Arthur

"Dan" <kendo.nagasaki@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:o mf2e.199$w94.9@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net...
> Ive noticed from looking at lots of screenshots that the quality of my
> video seems rather poor - im using a Radeon 9800 (not pro/xt/aiw/se) on a
> AMD64 3200-based pc (S939, 1gig ram).
>
> I cant seem to get rid of the jaggies, but i cant set my resolution higher
> than 1280 x 1024. Should i expect a better quality image with a monitor
> capable of higher resolutions?
>
> Dan

Anonymous
March 30, 2005 1:39:06 AM

"Dan" wrote:

> Ive noticed from looking at lots of screenshots that the quality of my
> video seems rather poor - im using a Radeon 9800 (not pro/xt/aiw/se) on a
> AMD64 3200-based pc (S939, 1gig ram).
>
> I cant seem to get rid of the jaggies, but i cant set my resolution higher
> than 1280 x 1024. Should i expect a better quality image with a monitor
> capable of higher resolutions?

Dan,

Antialias! Should be an option at your video-drivers control panel.

Higher resolutions will not reduce jaggies, but makes them smaller and
less visible.

Both, higher resolutions or antialias, will cost some performance.

Jan
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 1:39:07 AM

Anonymous
March 30, 2005 2:36:17 AM

I came upon this trick the other day. I changed the display settings to
the sharpest resolution while leaving my computer set at 800 x 600. The
increased detail was nice.

Mike

!