setting up the graphics on fs9

Ive noticed from looking at lots of screenshots that the quality of my video
seems rather poor - im using a Radeon 9800 (not pro/xt/aiw/se) on a AMD64
3200-based pc (S939, 1gig ram).

I cant seem to get rid of the jaggies, but i cant set my resolution higher
than 1280 x 1024. Should i expect a better quality image with a monitor
capable of higher resolutions?

Dan
4 answers Last reply
More about setting graphics

    I have the same video card, and have my resolution set to 800 x 600. I live
    with the jaggies because the rest of the image is just fine. I found that
    increasing the resolution was a pain in the ass because it affected the
    other displays on the computer and the hassle wasn't worth the gain on FS9.

    Arthur

    "Dan" wrote:

    > Ive noticed from looking at lots of screenshots that the quality of my
    > video seems rather poor - im using a Radeon 9800 (not pro/xt/aiw/se) on a
    > AMD64 3200-based pc (S939, 1gig ram).
    >
    > I cant seem to get rid of the jaggies, but i cant set my resolution higher
    > than 1280 x 1024. Should i expect a better quality image with a monitor
    > capable of higher resolutions?

    Dan,

    Antialias! Should be an option at your video-drivers control panel.

    Higher resolutions will not reduce jaggies, but makes them smaller and
    less visible.

    Both, higher resolutions or antialias, will cost some performance.

    Jan

    I came upon this trick the other day. I changed the display settings to
    the sharpest resolution while leaving my computer set at 800 x 600. The
    increased detail was nice.

    Mike

    Arthur wrote:
    > I have the same video card, and have my resolution set to 800 x 600. I live
    > with the jaggies because the rest of the image is just fine. I found that
    > increasing the resolution was a pain in the ass because it affected the
    > other displays on the computer and the hassle wasn't worth the gain on FS9.
    >
    > Arthur
    >
    > "Dan" <kendo.nagasaki@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Ive noticed from looking at lots of screenshots that the quality of my
    >>video seems rather poor - im using a Radeon 9800 (not pro/xt/aiw/se) on a
    >>AMD64 3200-based pc (S939, 1gig ram).
    >>
    >>I cant seem to get rid of the jaggies, but i cant set my resolution higher
    >>than 1280 x 1024. Should i expect a better quality image with a monitor
    >>capable of higher resolutions?
    >>
    >>Dan

Graphics Video Games