Changing Storage Cards

a b G Storage
September 8, 2004 2:44:20 AM

Can anybody tell me how to get my Ipaq to recognise a new storage card. If I
just insert it and look at the storage card folder it shows the entries from
my original Navigator 3 card. I want to create another card for music only
Only option I can see is format file store but am worried in case it clears
program configs or something

It is an Ipaq4150 running PC2003

Thanks

Rob M

More about : changing storage cards

Anonymous
a b G Storage
September 8, 2004 2:44:21 AM

The Storage Card folder should be dynamic based on what card is inserted.
For instance, I have a number of SD cards that I interchange. As I am doing
it the directory "Storage Card" or "SD Card" gets updated with what is in
the folder.

Try a soft reset with no card in the device. Then put in the new card.
What does it show in File Explorer?

--
Dave
www.davespda.com

"Rob M" <r_marsh@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:o 421eNSlEHA.948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Can anybody tell me how to get my Ipaq to recognise a new storage card. If
> just insert it and look at the storage card folder it shows the entries
from
> my original Navigator 3 card. I want to create another card for music only
> Only option I can see is format file store but am worried in case it
clears
> program configs or something
>

> It is an Ipaq4150 running PC2003
>
> Thanks
>
> Rob M

Anonymous
a b G Storage
September 10, 2004 2:11:00 AM

Reply to message from "Rob M" <r_marsh@btinternet.com> (Tue, 07 Sep 2004
17:44:20) about "Changing Storage Cards":

RM> Can anybody tell me how to get my Ipaq to recognise a new storage
RM> card. If I just insert it and look at the storage card folder it shows
RM> the entries from my original Navigator 3 card. I want to create
RM> another card for music only Only option I can see is format file store
RM> but am worried in case it clears program configs or something

An on-the-fly fix is to navigate out of the storage card folder and then
open it up again. That forces the system to refresh the folder.

JPinOH
Jon Porter <jporteratnetwalk.com> Thu, 09 Sep 2004 19:08:11 -0400