Wireless printing when printer attached to router via USB ..

Hi,

I have wireless networks at our offices with Draytek Vigour 2600G
routers and each office has a Brother 1250 connected to the USB port
on the router. I have a wired connection to the router for a Wyse
1200LE terminal and print using LPD to 192.168.1.1 everything good. We
also have wireless laptops that connect to the router and I can print
via LPR TCP/IP 192.168.1.1 in fat client mode, everything good.
However, when the laptop connects to a RDP session wirelessly, I
cannot get the printer to map to the RDP session. I have e-mailed
Draytek support but do not hold out too much hope. We are using
Windows 2003. Is there an LPD option that I can instigate to allow
these laptops to map to the printer
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless printing printer attached router
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    Hi,
    Do you see any printing error message i Event Viewer after you connect the
    client?
    It should give you a reason why the printer redirection is not working.

    --
    Zenon Pilat (MS)
    ---

    "Mark" <kazmarski@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have wireless networks at our offices with Draytek Vigour 2600G
    > routers and each office has a Brother 1250 connected to the USB port
    > on the router. I have a wired connection to the router for a Wyse
    > 1200LE terminal and print using LPD to 192.168.1.1 everything good. We
    > also have wireless laptops that connect to the router and I can print
    > via LPR TCP/IP 192.168.1.1 in fat client mode, everything good.
    > However, when the laptop connects to a RDP session wirelessly, I
    > cannot get the printer to map to the RDP session. I have e-mailed
    > Draytek support but do not hold out too much hope. We are using
    > Windows 2003. Is there an LPD option that I can instigate to allow
    > these laptops to map to the printer

Wireless Routers Printers Windows