what's the ultimate watercooling system

red_devil

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
I want to build a complete watercooled system but my problem is that I am also a complete newbie in this category, also I'm in Sudan in which if you tell anyone about watercooling they will think it is a new kind of an air conditioner.
I saved my money for six months and now I have about 280$ but I don't know what to go for so please Help.I have a cousin in London but he does not know in computers more than my Grandmother (who thinks a computer is some type of insult) but I can send him the money and tell him exactly what I want,but the problem is I don't know what I want so I need help finding the best product for my budget, it doesn't have to be the best but it has to be complete. I mean it has to offer watercooling to every damn thing in my computer (well expect the DVD rom and the Power supply) and here are my specs:

Intel p4 3.07 Ghz (socket 478)
ASRock 845gvi mainboard (supports H/T)
512 mb DDRII ram (PC 2700)
XFX geforce 6200 512mb AGP 8X Graphics Card
Seagate Barrucada 7200.7 80Gb 3.5 inch Harddrive
Touchmate 16X DVD Rom

Hope I get an answer soon.

shawnlizzle =]

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005
at 280 dollars, it won't get you anywhere close to an "ultimate setup" but more like a mid high end one.

i'm not familiar with UK retailers, but stick wtih something like:

swiftech storm
lain d5
bip3, bix3, or PA 120.3

red_devil

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
I will stick with the Swiftech Storm but i need the rest of the kit because all I know is that swiftech only manufacters CPU coolers. And I also need a reservoir, pump and some tubing, could you help please.

also I didn't understand what lain d5 or the other words meant

Thanks for your response

link75

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
tried and tested.(most importantly, within your budjet :wink: )

http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/super_cooling/gigabyte/galaxy/

link75

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
"]omfg no, thats a disgrace to watercooling

Again dont make blanket blind statements!! quote your sources by pasting links otherwise best remain quiet. :!:

jumping in to a dialogue without basis doesnt tell well your on intuity.

Every water cooling system has its pros and cons. this one has cons too but has very good reviews and proven effective cooling.
(the only con was the first few batches came with smaller heatsinks but now i saw the newer ones dont have that problem)

:arrow: he wants something within his price range with good performance and it fits well into that description. You yourself already posted to him that he cant get the "ultimate setup" with that amount so we are working with the phrase cheap but good

The only side effect it has is that he cannot brag about building it himself, which i guess he doesnt mind. Note that the OP lives in Sudan, i too have lived in Africa for some years and i am aware that due the relative absence of computer hardware shops(not like europe or US) , it will be to his advantage to just buy a kit (which parts already fit together)and just set it up, instead of differernt parts seperately while risking the fact that he cant easily send then back if they dont fit or are not fully compatible with each other. In Europe & Us however it is easier to just send an unfitting part back and get the right size.
:idea: Reading this you will note that i have thought this through before i posted, i advise you do the same next time before posting

@ RichPLS
true that the TTbigwater also has good reviews, but as regards the Gigabyte 3D i will give you more links showing its performance(it even beats TT bigwater)
Therfore being reasonable,you must confess that it is good value for the low price.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/4-wcoolers_27.html

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/gigabyte-3dgalaxy.html

shawnlizzle =]

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005
you are basically compairing poo to pee, they both stink -_-

for the price given, a much better KIT would be those swiftech apex "heavy duty" ones with the storm in them.

okay, you want to know why the gigabye watercooling sucks?

realize in your links, the testbed is

1)inconsistent due to the fact that its an CPU instead of a controlled heat source

2)a 2.8 smithfield... and the idles are 58+ fyi... those temps are crap

so again, put a good watercooling loop in there and you'll definitly see the difference. so in the end in terms of price vs. performance ratio, the galaxy is really not worth it

link75

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
For an MSRP of $120 then weighing against its performance it's damn not worth it.

Again i am disapointed that you cant see that price was before it was even released, it costs less than that now and mind you even at $120, for a water cooling system thats cheap!!

"]

okay, you want to know why the gigabye watercooling sucks?

realize in your links, the testbed is

1)inconsistent due to the fact that its an CPU instead of a controlled heat source

2)a 2.8 smithfield... and the idles are 58+ fyi... those temps are crap

Again you talk blindly, i guess what you are trying to say is that all cooling experiments (including air cooling reviews)done with CPUs and not controled heat sources should be debunked?? 8O 8O

What is a review? placing a product in real life situations and charting its performance PERIOD. ofcouse like any experimant there is a margin of error but this can hardly be reponsible for that much a differnce in performance.

secondly, look at the other reviews (i gave more than one due to" doubting thomases" like you). if you dont like the smithfied(i cant see why) the second experimant was done with Prescott overclocked to 4.1 Ghz....smooth heat i would say!

If you dont have resonabe points then stop manufacturing funny objections.

shawnlizzle =]

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005
UMM... i'm not saying all tests done w/ cpus should be disregarded, but only the fact that you should take them with a grain of salt, especially with a burn program. procooling (probably most legit watercooling review site) does all of their tests on a stable heat source.

the simple fact at the end of the day is, the galaxy doesn't perform well, no matter how much you rave about it. it can't add a gpu block as it can't take the heatload.

at best, the performance will be slightly better than an aircooler costing half the price and much easier to install.

and btw... am i crazy or is that 4.1 preshott idleing at 35! O.O

one last thing, realize these "kits" built by gigabyte where never meant to compete with real watercooling

link75

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
"]UMM... i'm not saying all tests done w/ cpus should be disregarded,

At least you admit that.

"]
the simple fact at the end of the day is, the galaxy doesn't perform well,

i have poteded links to support my school of thought you have brought forward nothing.

I rest my case.

shawnlizzle =]

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005
alright, its not like any testing has been done with the delta of inlet and outlet temps of the waterblock, so i can't really give you a link showing how poor this thing performs, just to give you an idea, to go procooling and check some of its waterblock testing. you'll find theirs to be very scientific and consistent.

link75

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
"]alright, its not like any testing has been done with the delta of inlet and outlet temps of the waterblock, so i can't really give you a link showing how poor this thing performs, .

:!: :!: :!:

link75

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
Go use it and see what happens to your Prescott.
Again if you can read carefully( i sometimes wonder if you ever do) you will see that already mentioned that i AM using it.

i have pictures and screenshots to prove it. i can post them for you as long as you promise to stop making technical abominations on this site with your statements.

red_devil

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
Does Swiftech provide Harddrive coolers with the storm kit, and if not can I buy the parts I want then assemble them myself.

Also I need names for some retailers in London.

THANKS

red_devil

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
I don't want an outstanding watercooling kit. I just want a complete kit, in other words I want my PC to look like an aquarium. So the kit doesn't have to be the best but it has to be complete. Also I want your opinions on kits from Asetek, Innovatek, and nVentiv.

RichPLS

Champion
It goes like this:
1. Swiftech H20-Apex
2. Maze4 Power Kit
3. Asetek Waterchill

The rest of kits on market aren't in that calibre anymore.

But at
$250
$180
$250

The TT BigWaterSE has great looks (imo - better styling than any others), ease of use, quality leakproof components, silent internal or external, and decent cooling for the PSU, plus the complete kit is only $100 delivered.

shawnlizzle =]

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005
style is subjective and watercooling is suppose to be fun and hands on.... if you want "ease of use" go buy an good hsf and save yourself the trouble/money/time of buying a low end kit

RichPLS

Champion
It comes disassembled, ya gotta cut lengths of tubing and mount then assemble, same as any other.
It just that the TT BigWaterSE uses quality parts and it shows.
They assemble well and good design plus cooling. Powers on and off with system, not much to ask for more, especially in that price range.
Spend more if ya want and get more hassle, but then ya can claim a wopping 2 of 3C better cooling than me in the end if your lucky and don't leak fluid all over your board, but mine doesn't hold me back any bit.

red_devil

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
Isn't there a a retailer where I can buy watercooling kits parts then assemble them myself like the Asetek waterchill kit. I only want to assemble it myself because it doesn't come with a harddrive cooler.

Also, if I am going to assemble the kit myself what are the names of the parts of the waterchill kit so I can estimate their cost.

red_devil

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
Is ther a problem if I buy a waterchill kit then add a HDD cooler to it from the asetek parts. Does it influence on the water flow rate?