How to change rdp server port 3389 to 80?

How to change rdp server port 3389 to 80?
2 answers Last reply
More about change server port 3389
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    Hi,

    You can change the listening port by tweaking the registry.

    To change the port that Remote Desktop listens on, follow these steps:

    >Start Registry Editor.(Start-->Run-->'regedit')
    >Locate the following key in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TerminalServer\WinStatio
    ns\RDP-Tcp\PortNumber
    >On the Edit menu, click Modify, and then click Decimal.
    >Type the new port number, and then click OK.

    The same information is found in MS KB article 306759

    Thanks and Regards,
    (Imay) Imayavaramban R

    This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  2. I have created more graphic walkthrough of how to set change the RDP port on Windows 2008 Server. Plus it has firewall adjustments here:
    http://www.iteezy.com/change-rdp-3389-port-on-windows-2008-server/qc/10098

Microsoft Servers Windows