Com port redirection problem

Hello!
I am testing com port redirection. When I use the command:
net use com3: \\tsclient\com2
and checked it with net use it displays the following:

Status Local Remote Network

C: \\TSCLIENT\com2 Microsoft Terminal Services

OK L: \\dco1\felles Microsoft Windows Network

OK P: \\dco1\program Microsoft Windows Network

OK R: \\officedc01\rubicon Microsoft Windows Network

OK T: \\officedc01\rubdata Microsoft Windows Network

OK W: \\dco1\rsodok Microsoft Windows Network

Unavailable Z: \\officedc01\d$ Microsoft Windows Network

\\TSCLIENT\com2 Microsoft Terminal Services

The command completed successfully.

It is correct that it says that "Local" is C: I tried to communicate with the modem on my tsclient, with no response. The modem is connected to com2 local port. Is it more I have to configure? I have also tried to disabled the local port.

Thanks for the help!

You should enabled Com port redirection on the client UI and make sure on
the server com port redirection is not disabled.
Any direct reference to the com port on the session should redirect to the
local port without mapping.

--
Zenon Pilat (MS)
---