which nforce4 drivers?

nato

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2004
I recently upgraded to the EP-9NPA+Ultra nforce4 motherboard, and I'm wondering which parts of the nforce4 drivers I need to install. I've heard people say not to install the firewall, and I've heard some people say to avoid the IDE drivers, but should I just install everything else in the package? Do I need to install the raid drivers if I'm not going to use them, for instance?

utaka95

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
I really would follow peoples advice on avoiding the ide drivers and nvidia firewall, both have caused me trouble on nforce3 and the ide drivers gave me cd burning hell on an nforce2. Just unselect them from the list when you install the drivers.

LazyGarfield

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
i recently have upgraded and got an asus A8N-SLI-Premium and I installed the ide-drivers. So far I didn´t experience any flaws with those drivers. All my games and applications are running fine.

Also I installed the firewall to see how it works but since I don´t have patience I deinstalled it after 1 hour trying to get it to work properly. But I will try it again later, since I figured that it somehow reset the mac-adress I manually setup that I can go online with the nvidia-network-card. That was why I couldn´t get it to work I guess. Installing it won´t cause problems since you can deactivate it as long as you got probs with the setup. Just all the services keep running but I had no problems to find and deactivate them as long as I didn´t try to work with the FW.

If you don´t use some onboard hardware like the marvel network or raid you don´t have to install the drivers - just deactivate the hardware (well it´s not really necessary just I always deactivate hardware I don´t use).