How to use USB devices on Win 2000 Terminal server

Hi all,

We are running Windows 200 Terminal Server and Windows 98 clients with RDP
Client 5.2

How can I share the USB port on the client workstation so they can access a
USB thumb drive?

Thanks
Wayne

I have just been asked whether a PDA could be synched through a USB port on
this setup as well.

"Its Me" <waynec@christiespa.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> We are running Windows 200 Terminal Server and Windows 98 clients with RDP
> Client 5.2
>
> How can I share the USB port on the client workstation so they can access
> USB thumb drive?
>
> Thanks
> Wayne

The thumb drive should be added as another Remote Desktop Connected Drive, at least my USB connected Flash Media Reader is.

You'll need a serial cradle for syncing a Palm, just search groups.google.com & you'll find instructions, which are also on thethin.net. Pocket PC is NOT supported, although someone may have hacked it to work.

--
Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

"Its Me" wrote:

> I have just been asked whether a PDA could be synched through a USB port on
> this setup as well.
>
> "Its Me" <waynec@christiespa.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We are running Windows 200 Terminal Server and Windows 98 clients with RDP
> > Client 5.2
> >
> > How can I share the USB port on the client workstation so they can access
> > USB thumb drive?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Wayne

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello,

can we have technical prcedures in order to use USB devices with Terminal server 2000?

Can we have more details about Palm synchronisation in terminal server 2000?

thanks

"Patrick Rouse [MVP]" wrote:

> The thumb drive should be added as another Remote Desktop Connected Drive, at least my USB connected Flash Media Reader is.
>
> You'll need a serial cradle for syncing a Palm, just search groups.google.com & you'll find instructions, which are also on thethin.net. Pocket PC is NOT supported, although someone may have hacked it to work.
>

> --
> Patrick Rouse
> Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> http://www.workthin.com
>

> "Its Me" wrote:
>
> > I have just been asked whether a PDA could be synched through a USB port on
> > this setup as well.
> >
> > "Its Me" <waynec@christiespa.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > We are running Windows 200 Terminal Server and Windows 98 clients with RDP
> > > Client 5.2
> > >
> > > How can I share the USB port on the client workstation so they can access
> > > USB thumb drive?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Wayne

TRENDING THREADS