Map Profile to Different Drive?

I'd like to keep my documents and settings on a separate partition so that I
don't lose it when reinstalling Windows. How can I do this?

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi,

Basically, you can't. That is a fixed position folder, you would need to use
roaming profiles on a domain to move the bulk of them out of the local
drive. Even if you were to copy the D&S folder to another location, you
could not use the old profiles in the newly installed system (different
SID's).

You might check out the files and settings tranfer wizard, it may help you
accomplish what you are asking:
http://aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Andrea McKee" <networks@capital.net> wrote in message
> I'd like to keep my documents and settings on a separate partition so that
> don't lose it when reinstalling Windows. How can I do this?
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

I have an option to change the location of folders, including My Documents,
in Tweak UI. I have never tried to use it but I have had no problems with
other Tweak UI options that I have used.

Search Google to find a download site - the software is free as far as I
know. Maybe somebody who knows more about it than me could confirm that
there are no problems to using this option.