DVD RW - BenQ 1655
Floppy - Mitsumi 7in1
Hard Drive - Maxtor DiamondMax 10 250gb
Case - CoolerMaster Centurion 5
Power Supply - Ultra Xfinity 500watt

All opinions welcomed.....
6 answers Last reply
More about just built quot opinions wanted quot
  1. First, you haven't told us what its going to be used for. I'm assuming gaming since you got SLI and 2 video cards. Will you be overclocking?

Why 2 6600's in SLI? That will cost you almost as much (or more) as a single 7800GT, and 6600's are much slower, even in SLI...

Get a single better video card - SLI doesn't really give you improvements until you're up in the 7800GT area because you can get the next level of performance for the same or lower cost as 2 lower level ones.

If your budget is tight you can afford to lose a little CPU - 3500 or even 3200 and still keep a good gaming experience with a higher end video card. Or if you do go single card, maybe drop to an Ultra (non-SLI) mobo.

Mike.
  2. The 2 6600's were given to me. I got the Sli for the future when i get better video cards. i will be using the computer for music,videos,pictures, and sometimes gaming. .edit. Before i oc i want to read more about it on the internet.
  3. Say what you want to know. Don't just say opinions wanted.
  4. i want to know if it sounds like a good system. Also what i did wrong and or right for example i got two low end gfx cards instead of 1 good one.
  5. Alright.

Which a8n board?

again, the 6600's are obsolete if you're into gaming

psu okay, i woulda gotten enermax/antec/fortron

should get 2x1gb insteadm twinx/xms is fine.

fishmahn is somewhat right about dropping the cpu if need be, although i would also drop the extra dvd-rom drive. i highly suggest not doing optical->optical direct burns, ever. in regards to the cpu, 3700+ is like $50 more than the 3200+ Venice (CG/newer revision, which sells for like $175 on Newegg, not the $160 version). I'm not sure if you really need the extra l2 cache, considering you're probably gaming and the controller on these chips are incredible.
  6. thanks for the info.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems