User Licenses

All-

We've recently purchased User CAL's for Win2003 TS. I've
installed and activated the license server, but none of
the licenses are showing as "In Use" by the License
Administrator. All of my clients are using Temp Device
licenses, and recieving messages that they will expire
soon.

I've since opened the TS Configuration tool\Server
Settings\Licensing and changed from Per Device to Per
User.

The expiration message is now gone, but none of the
installed User licenses are showing as "In Use". Are my
clients going to be disconnected when the Temp Device
license expires?

Thanks for any answers provided...

No worries, this is the current state of affairs with Per User
licenses (which are currently unmanaged). Your users will not
loose connectivity when the temporary licenses expire.

Check this article, it explains that even after you have
switched licensing mode on the TS, your Per User TS CAL count will
not be decremented:

822134 - The Function of Terminal Server CALs in Windows Server
2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822134

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server