MS FS Team Announces Survey

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,microsoft.public.simulators,rec.aviation.simulators (More info?)

See the front page announcement on AVSIM today. Just posted.

--
Best Regards,

Tom Allensworth
Publisher,
AVSIM Online
Flight Simulation's Premier Internet Resource!
-------------------------------------
http://www.avsim.com
email: tom@avsim.com
-------------------------------------
See the rankings of your favorite Sim
Web Sites:
http://www.avsim.com/pages/rank_complete.html
7 answers Last reply
More about team announces survey

    Here's how MS describes the survey. They're not asking for your
    opinions. They want to watch you while you sim! Wonder what it will do
    to framerates?

    -- quote begins here:

    Thanks for your interest in helping out the Flight Simulator team. We
    are looking for individuals who use Flight Simulator 2004 and who will
    let us automatically collect data on how they use the product.

    The Flight Simulator team is interested in improving our products to
    make them more fun and satisfying to use. We are exploring how people
    use the simulator when they’re at home, in the comfort of familiar
    surroundings. If you’re selected to take part in this study, you’ll be
    asked to install files on your home computer that will automatically
    collect basic information every time you use Flight Simulator 2004.
    This data will be sent to us every time you exit Flight Simulator and
    you’ll have an opportunity to provide feedback about the session you’ve
    just finished through a short web survey.

    The only data that will be sent to Microsoft is the information
    concerning the Flight Simulator 2004 session you just completed and
    your current computer settings, such as your computer’s RAM and
    processor speed.

    In order to participate in this study you need to have a few things:

    1) A copy of Flight Simulator 2004

    2) A broadband connection for the computer you use to run Flight
    Simulator.

    3) You also need to be running one of the following versions of
    Windows on your computer; Windows 2000, Windows XP Home or Windows XP
    Professional.

    If you would like to be considered for participation in this Flight
    Simulator 2004 study, please take a few minutes to complete this
    survey.

    Keep in mind that there are no right or wrong answers to the survey.
    All answers will be kept strictly confidential, and your answers will
    be combined with everyone else's and used for research purposes only.

    -- quote ends here

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,microsoft.public.simulators,rec.aviation.simulators (More info?)

    "Tom Allensworth" <tom@REMOVETHISavsim.com> wrote in message
    > See the front page announcement on AVSIM today. Just posted.
    >
    > --
    > Best Regards,
    >
    > Tom Allensworth
    > Publisher,
    > AVSIM Online
    > Flight Simulation's Premier Internet Resource!
    > -------------------------------------
    > http://www.avsim.com
    > email: tom@avsim.com
    > -------------------------------------
    > See the rankings of your favorite Sim
    > Web Sites:
    > http://www.avsim.com/pages/rank_complete.html

    Lets hope FS2006 runs better than he survey :-) Must be over loaded
    Bill

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,microsoft.public.simulators,rec.aviation.simulators (More info?)

    Hmm........not sure I want anyone out there in cyberland watching me fly.
    It's hard enough for ME to watch me fly. I'll pass.

    Arthur

    "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message

    > "Tom Allensworth" <tom@REMOVETHISavsim.com> wrote in message
    >> See the front page announcement on AVSIM today. Just posted.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best Regards,
    >>
    >> Tom Allensworth
    >> Publisher,
    >> AVSIM Online
    >> Flight Simulation's Premier Internet Resource!
    >> -------------------------------------
    >> http://www.avsim.com
    >> email: tom@avsim.com
    >> -------------------------------------
    >> See the rankings of your favorite Sim
    >> Web Sites:
    >> http://www.avsim.com/pages/rank_complete.html
    >
    > Lets hope FS2006 runs better than he survey :-) Must be over loaded
    > Bill

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,microsoft.public.simulators,rec.aviation.simulators (More info?)

    People already make simulator programs using the talent you
    mentioned.....and if you're financially prosperous, you might be able to
    afford one. Sorry I can't provide a name of one of these programs, but I'm
    sure Google can.

    Arthur

    (SNIPPY)
    > I suggested once before in another forum that Austin Meyer (X plane
    > creator), Damian Clark and his team from activesky, a few aircraft
    > developers (PSS, PMDG, RFP) and the makers of FDC should all get together
    > and make a damn freaky realistic flight sim.
    >

    >> Steve
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,microsoft.public.simulators,rec.aviation.simulators (More info?)

    stevej wrote:
    > Call me cynical, but I think MS might be looking at how many add-ons
    > people have installed and are using this information to evaluate if a
    > 2006 version is commercial viable. My view is nope it aint !
    >
    > Steve

    Well you're cynical Steve! So there I've said it!

    I think they are looking to get some idea of the type of customer base so
    that they can concentrate on the most commercially viable improvements for
    the next issue. I have been involved in market research and that is what I
    would do. Personally, I have answered the questionaire because I welcome the
    chance of some input direct however small.

    Cheers,

    Quilly
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,microsoft.public.simulators,rec.aviation.simulators (More info?)

    Hi Quill;

    You are exactly correct. MS sent this survey out to the beta team with
    comments before releasing it to the public. It's simply a tool to determine
    the type of sim activity favored by the end user so that MS can concentrate
    on the areas of interest rather than going off in a direction that will
    waste both their resources and the communities computer resources.
    With a program as interest diversified as MSFS, they have to compromise with
    where they want to go with it and are caught naturally between the market
    base and average available computer resources available to the end user.
    Dudley
    > stevej wrote:
    >> Call me cynical, but I think MS might be looking at how many add-ons
    >> people have installed and are using this information to evaluate if a
    >> 2006 version is commercial viable. My view is nope it aint !
    >>
    >> Steve
    >

    > Well you're cynical Steve! So there I've said it!
    >
    > I think they are looking to get some idea of the type of customer base so
    > that they can concentrate on the most commercially viable improvements for
    > the next issue. I have been involved in market research and that is what I
    > would do. Personally, I have answered the questionaire because I welcome
    > the chance of some input direct however small.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Quilly

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,microsoft.public.simulators,rec.aviation.simulators (More info?)

    Oh geez, we're sunk :( What do you want General Public?

    Ans. Everything. and it has to run on a 286. And look like Top Gun,
    and be less than $20 .. strike that .. be free for DL.

    or

    Ans. The most sinkingly, boring, over the top precise flight
    simulator that is plug and play ready with a 6 DOF motion table, for
    less than $50 with aboslutely zero bugs and compromises that I agree
    with.

    Obviously, this is hyperbole. I would prefer that the MSFS dev team
    be active users in communities to get a real feel for the ebb and flow
    of desires coupled with feed back from the support people to gauge
    where the development dollars go rather than do polls. They should
    have a design on where they want to go. Not put their finger in the
    air and see which way the wind is blowing (today).

    But, I did the poll. And if anyoneis listening I want better ATC, nav
    aides, airport scenery and environments. Leave the flight models and
    air plane models for the after market developers :)

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:24:15 -0500, "Dudley Henriques"
    <dhenriques@noware.net> wrote:

    >Hi Quill;
    >
    >You are exactly correct. MS sent this survey out to the beta team with
    >comments before releasing it to the public. It's simply a tool to determine
    >the type of sim activity favored by the end user so that MS can concentrate
    >on the areas of interest rather than going off in a direction that will
    >waste both their resources and the communities computer resources.
    >With a program as interest diversified as MSFS, they have to compromise with
    >where they want to go with it and are caught naturally between the market
    >base and average available computer resources available to the end user.
    >Dudley
    >"Quilljar" <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> stevej wrote:
    >>> Call me cynical, but I think MS might be looking at how many add-ons
    >>> people have installed and are using this information to evaluate if a
    >>> 2006 version is commercial viable. My view is nope it aint !
    >>>
    >>> Steve
    >>

    >> Well you're cynical Steve! So there I've said it!
    >>
    >> I think they are looking to get some idea of the type of customer base so
    >> that they can concentrate on the most commercially viable improvements for
    >> the next issue. I have been involved in market research and that is what I
    >> would do. Personally, I have answered the questionaire because I welcome
    >> the chance of some input direct however small.
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Quilly

Internet Games Microsoft IBM Video Games