Linksys Connection Problem

fred

Please forgive me if I've missed a thread with an answer, but none
appear to have exactly the problem I do:

I have a BEFW11S4 ver. 2 Wireless Router connected to an E-machines
T1742 desktop computer via a SBC DSL modem. My internet service is
through SBC (PPoE). I do have connectivity on this computer.

I also have a WUSB11 ver. 2.6 Wireless Adapter connected to an
E-machines eTower 366c desktop computer. When I first installed this
it worked immediately without a problem. The suddenly this computer
stopped connecting - the wlan software for the WUSB11 connection
status is always "connecting ...". Signal strength, etc., is "NA".
All parameters are compatible with the router (SSID and channel).
Channel changed to 11 on both to eliminate interference. (I've had the
requisite 5+ chats/phone calls with Linksys techs). Still no
connection.

Also cannot connect using Windows 2000 or Windows XP laptop using an
Airlink wireless card. The network is detected but no connection is
established. So it seems like something on the router end.

TIA

On 28 Sep 2005 14:16:15 -0700, fred wrote:

> Please forgive me if I've missed a thread with an answer, but none
> appear to have exactly the problem I do:
>
> I have a BEFW11S4 ver. 2 Wireless Router...

I have a Linksys BEFSR11 which was a dog out of the box; it would lock up
overnight, and I couldn't even access the router configuration pages until
I rebooted the router.

I tried to help a friend set up a Linksys WAP54G Wireless Access Point
connected to a D-Link DI-704UP router; the wireless laptop could connect to
the W-LAN, but could never get an IP address.

I switched to an SMC Barricade 7004BR in place of the Linksys BEFSR11. My
friend replaced the Linksys WAP54G with a D-Link DWL-2100AP Wireless Access
Point. Both LANs have been running flawlessly for over a year, now (mine
for nearly four and a half years.)

Needless to say, I neither use, nor recommend, Linksys products.

--
Norman
~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain