How can i use USB devices in tSE 2000?

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello,
i would like ton know if there's a way to use a USB device storage with TSE 2000?
Is there a technical procedure?
The options Drives connections in client settings in RDP from the Terminal services properties are not available;
Is there a component to activate them?

Can anyone tell me if TSE 2000 supports USB mass Storage or only TSE2003?
Several articles say yes other no what is the clear answer from Microsoft Please ?

regards

Local drive redirection is not supported in Windows 2000 TS. You need
2003 for this feature.

On W2K TS, only USB connected *printers* are supported (which are
handled by the printer spooler - that's what is causing the confusion
about USB support on W2K).

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

greg wrote:
|| Hello,
|| i would like ton know if there's a way to use a USB device storage
|| with TSE 2000?
|| Is there a technical procedure?
I think that you can try to share the drive of your USB Device Storage and
connect this share by the network.
This article will help you
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;272519

|| The options Drives connections in client settings in RDP from the
|| Terminal services properties are not available; Is there a component
|| to activate them?
|| Can anyone tell me if TSE 2000 supports USB mass Storage or only
|| TSE2003?
|| Several articles say yes other no what is the clear answer from
|| Microsoft Please ?

Drive redirection is only available in Windows 2003 not in Windows 2003

--
Cordialement
Eric PERROMAT [MVP Windows Server - Terminal Server]

*** Répondre au Newsgroup, Merci ***