Cannot print from NTVDM to LPT1

I'm connecting to Windows Server 2003 with Windows XP Pro (Remote Desktop
Client). I've selected that my local drives and printer (LPT1) are to be
available during the session.

The printer appears in the TS session in the printers panel, and although
it's connected to LPT1 on my local computer, it doesn't appear as LPT1 on
the Windows Server 2003 computer.

Any attempts to print to LPT1 (with a DOS programme running on the Windows
2003 Server, fail. It seems LPT1 is not recognized.

Anyone know how I can print to LPT1 in the TS session and have it print on
my local LPT1?

Thanks for any help.

Tim.

Hi,
The short answer is:
"raw" access to redirected lpt port from the session is not suported.

If you really want to print to lpt port on the session from the command
box - the bast way is to share redirected printer and map the shared name to
LPTx: by:
net use lpt6: \\tsserver\myhpprinter
than you can use
copy docName.txt lpt6:
or just
dir > lpt6:

OR

On the client set the lpt printer as a default printer
TS Connect to the server - this printer will be default printer on the
session
From the command prompt type: notepad /p docName.txt

PS
I understand the below configuration is working when you print Test Page or
redirected queue from Printer folder.

--
Zenon Pilat (MS)
---