Using a USB Device

I am running W2K Terminal Services which my clients connect to using Wyse Winterms. I have a series of USB scanners which I now need to install around my offices for users to scan with. However, I was under the impression that there is no way to run a USB scanner through thin client. Is this true? Is there any way I can operate my scanners through a terminal services session?

This is not natively supported in Windows TS.
Possible solutions:

RemoteScan from http://www.remote-scan.com/
lets you share any kind of TWAIN scanner (SCSI / USB / Firewire,
etc.)

LWP DokScan for RDP
http://www.lwp.de/distribution/distr_produkte_details.jsp?id=161
(web site in German)

Some scanner models (e.g. HP Scanjet 7400, connected to a
workstation via USB) include network scanner sharing, and are
accessible by terminal server users.

ScanShare Pro from Netcore. It is network device with a network
connection and a SCSI port. You can then access the scanner via
the network.
http://www.netcore.com.tw/product.htm

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"=?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24gRGlldHo=?=" <Jason
Dietz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I am running W2K Terminal Services which my clients connect to
> using Wyse Winterms. I have a series of USB scanners which I
> now need to install around my offices for users to scan with.
> However, I was under the impression that there is no way to run
> a USB scanner through thin client. Is this true? Is there any
> way I can operate my scanners through a terminal services
> session?

My main issue is that I need to run this USB scanner connected to a Wyse winterm (not a pc) with the software to run the scanner being loaded on the actual terminal services server, not on the direct connect location where the device is connected.