Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

I have Win XP Home. What folder is backup in and what is it called. I looked
thru the folders and couldn't find it. Just bought the disk.
Thanks Don

In news:ON5P3MihEHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Don <nospam@invalid.com> typed:

>I have Win XP Home. What folder is backup in and what is it
>called. I
> looked thru the folders and couldn't find it. Just bought the
> disk.

Backup is installed automatically on XP Professional, but not on
XP Home. If you have the complete XP Home CD, find backup on the
CD, in \ValueAdd\MSFT\NTBACKUP and install it yourself by
doubleclicking the file ntbackup.msi.

If you don't have an XP CD, you can download ntbackup.msi at
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/software/ntbackup.msi

Also see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302894

Please reply to the newsgroup