How to change color depth in TS Client

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 10, 2004 12:48:35 PM

I have a Terminal Server on W2K and I connect to this with a Window NT
Client 4.0.
When I open a session all applications runs fine only one application needs
a minimum color depth of 24 bits. My client is running with 256 colors.
Can I change somewhere the settings on the TS for the client? or
Are there other options to fix it?

Thanks, Arjen
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 12:48:36 PM

Hi,
If your client is running only 256 color depth, it will be the max color
depth on the session.
--
Zenon Pilat (MS)
---

"Arjen" <Arjen@ahuiskes.demon.nl> wrote in message
> I have a Terminal Server on W2K and I connect to this with a Window NT
> Client 4.0.
> When I open a session all applications runs fine only one application
needs
> a minimum color depth of 24 bits. My client is running with 256 colors.
> Can I change somewhere the settings on the TS for the client? or
> Are there other options to fix it?
>
> Thanks, Arjen

Anonymous
July 10, 2004 3:09:59 PM

Okay thanks, do you or sombody know if there is an other program that I can
install as client to the W2K TS that has the option of minimum 24 bits
colors?

Thanks, Arjen

"Zenon Pilat [MS]" <zenonp@online.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
news:o 00AuZlZEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> If your client is running only 256 color depth, it will be the max color
> depth on the session.
> --
> Zenon Pilat (MS)
> ---
> ---
>
> "Arjen" <Arjen@ahuiskes.demon.nl> wrote in message
> > I have a Terminal Server on W2K and I connect to this with a Window NT
> > Client 4.0.
> > When I open a session all applications runs fine only one application
> needs
> > a minimum color depth of 24 bits. My client is running with 256 colors.
> > Can I change somewhere the settings on the TS for the client? or
> > Are there other options to fix it?
> >
> > Thanks, Arjen

July 12, 2004 2:55:44 PM

Actually, W2K TS limits the server's remote sessions to 256 colors. If you
need 24 bit color, you'd need XP or Win2k3 and increase the default limit
from 16 bit to 24 bit.

Cheers,
Drew

TS FAQ:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/centers/...

> Okay thanks, do you or sombody know if there is an other program that I
can
> install as client to the W2K TS that has the option of minimum 24 bits
> colors?
>
> Thanks, Arjen
>

> "Zenon Pilat [MS]" <zenonp@online.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> news:o 00AuZlZEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Hi,
> > If your client is running only 256 color depth, it will be the max color
> > depth on the session.
> > --
> > Zenon Pilat (MS)
> > ---
rights
> > ---
> >
> > "Arjen" <Arjen@ahuiskes.demon.nl> wrote in message
> > > I have a Terminal Server on W2K and I connect to this with a Window NT
> > > Client 4.0.
> > > When I open a session all applications runs fine only one application
> > needs
> > > a minimum color depth of 24 bits. My client is running with 256
colors.
> > > Can I change somewhere the settings on the TS for the client? or
> > > Are there other options to fix it?
> > >
> > > Thanks, Arjen

July 12, 2004 6:37:04 PM

Citrix wil allow you to do that, but it would probably be cheaper to upgrade
to W2K3 TS.

"Arjen" <Arjen@ahuiskes.demon.nl> wrote in message
> Okay thanks, do you or sombody know if there is an other program that I
can
> install as client to the W2K TS that has the option of minimum 24 bits
> colors?
>
> Thanks, Arjen
>

> "Zenon Pilat [MS]" <zenonp@online.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> news:o 00AuZlZEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Hi,
> > If your client is running only 256 color depth, it will be the max color
> > depth on the session.
> > --
> > Zenon Pilat (MS)
> > ---
rights
> > ---
> >
> > "Arjen" <Arjen@ahuiskes.demon.nl> wrote in message
> > > I have a Terminal Server on W2K and I connect to this with a Window NT
> > > Client 4.0.
> > > When I open a session all applications runs fine only one application
> > needs
> > > a minimum color depth of 24 bits. My client is running with 256
colors.
> > > Can I change somewhere the settings on the TS for the client? or
> > > Are there other options to fix it?
> > >
> > > Thanks, Arjen

Anonymous
July 13, 2004 11:35:06 PM

Why don't you try to run Remote Desktop Connection program. " This software
package will install the client portion of Remote Desktop on any of the
following operating systems: Windows 95, Windows 98 and 98 Second Edition,
Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0, or Windows 2000 "

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/tools/rdcl...

Serhan BAKIR

"Arjen" <Arjen@ahuiskes.demon.nl>, iletide þunu yazdý
> I have a Terminal Server on W2K and I connect to this with a Window NT
> Client 4.0.
> When I open a session all applications runs fine only one application
needs
> a minimum color depth of 24 bits. My client is running with 256 colors.
> Can I change somewhere the settings on the TS for the client? or
> Are there other options to fix it?
>
> Thanks, Arjen

Anonymous
July 14, 2004 11:11:56 AM

But since the Terminal server runs W2K, he will still get only 256
colors.

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

"Serhan BAKIR" <serhan@stand.com.tr> wrote in
news:o n$eYdPaEHA.1488@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

!