How to change color depth in TS Client

I have a Terminal Server on W2K and I connect to this with a Window NT
Client 4.0.
When I open a session all applications runs fine only one application needs
a minimum color depth of 24 bits. My client is running with 256 colors.
Can I change somewhere the settings on the TS for the client? or
Are there other options to fix it?

Thanks, Arjen
6 answers Last reply
More about change color depth client
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    Hi,
    If your client is running only 256 color depth, it will be the max color
    depth on the session.
    --
    Zenon Pilat (MS)
    ---

    "Arjen" <Arjen@ahuiskes.demon.nl> wrote in message
    > I have a Terminal Server on W2K and I connect to this with a Window NT
    > Client 4.0.
    > When I open a session all applications runs fine only one application
    needs
    > a minimum color depth of 24 bits. My client is running with 256 colors.
    > Can I change somewhere the settings on the TS for the client? or
    > Are there other options to fix it?
    >
    > Thanks, Arjen

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    Okay thanks, do you or sombody know if there is an other program that I can
    install as client to the W2K TS that has the option of minimum 24 bits
    colors?

    Thanks, Arjen

    "Zenon Pilat [MS]" <zenonp@online.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
    > Hi,
    > If your client is running only 256 color depth, it will be the max color
    > depth on the session.
    > --
    > Zenon Pilat (MS)
    > ---
    > ---
    >
    > "Arjen" <Arjen@ahuiskes.demon.nl> wrote in message
    > > I have a Terminal Server on W2K and I connect to this with a Window NT
    > > Client 4.0.
    > > When I open a session all applications runs fine only one application
    > needs
    > > a minimum color depth of 24 bits. My client is running with 256 colors.
    > > Can I change somewhere the settings on the TS for the client? or
    > > Are there other options to fix it?
    > >
    > > Thanks, Arjen

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    Actually, W2K TS limits the server's remote sessions to 256 colors. If you
    need 24 bit color, you'd need XP or Win2k3 and increase the default limit
    from 16 bit to 24 bit.

    Cheers,
    Drew

    TS FAQ:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/centers/terminal/terminal_faq.asp

    > Okay thanks, do you or sombody know if there is an other program that I
    can
    > install as client to the W2K TS that has the option of minimum 24 bits
    > colors?
    >
    > Thanks, Arjen
    >

    > "Zenon Pilat [MS]" <zenonp@online.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
    > > Hi,
    > > If your client is running only 256 color depth, it will be the max color
    > > depth on the session.
    > > --
    > > Zenon Pilat (MS)
    > > ---
    rights
    > > ---
    > >
    > > "Arjen" <Arjen@ahuiskes.demon.nl> wrote in message
    > > > I have a Terminal Server on W2K and I connect to this with a Window NT
    > > > Client 4.0.
    > > > When I open a session all applications runs fine only one application
    > > needs
    > > > a minimum color depth of 24 bits. My client is running with 256
    colors.
    > > > Can I change somewhere the settings on the TS for the client? or
    > > > Are there other options to fix it?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks, Arjen

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    Citrix wil allow you to do that, but it would probably be cheaper to upgrade
    to W2K3 TS.

    "Arjen" <Arjen@ahuiskes.demon.nl> wrote in message
    > Okay thanks, do you or sombody know if there is an other program that I
    can
    > install as client to the W2K TS that has the option of minimum 24 bits
    > colors?
    >
    > Thanks, Arjen
    >

    > "Zenon Pilat [MS]" <zenonp@online.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
    > > Hi,
    > > If your client is running only 256 color depth, it will be the max color
    > > depth on the session.
    > > --
    > > Zenon Pilat (MS)
    > > ---
    rights
    > > ---
    > >
    > > "Arjen" <Arjen@ahuiskes.demon.nl> wrote in message
    > > > I have a Terminal Server on W2K and I connect to this with a Window NT
    > > > Client 4.0.
    > > > When I open a session all applications runs fine only one application
    > > needs
    > > > a minimum color depth of 24 bits. My client is running with 256
    colors.
    > > > Can I change somewhere the settings on the TS for the client? or
    > > > Are there other options to fix it?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks, Arjen

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    Why don't you try to run Remote Desktop Connection program. " This software
    package will install the client portion of Remote Desktop on any of the
    following operating systems: Windows 95, Windows 98 and 98 Second Edition,
    Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0, or Windows 2000 "

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/tools/rdclientdl.mspx

    Serhan BAKIR

    "Arjen" <Arjen@ahuiskes.demon.nl>, iletide þunu yazdý
    > I have a Terminal Server on W2K and I connect to this with a Window NT
    > Client 4.0.
    > When I open a session all applications runs fine only one application
    needs
    > a minimum color depth of 24 bits. My client is running with 256 colors.
    > Can I change somewhere the settings on the TS for the client? or
    > Are there other options to fix it?
    >
    > Thanks, Arjen

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    But since the Terminal server runs W2K, he will still get only 256
    colors.

    --
    Vera Noest
    MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

    "Serhan BAKIR" <serhan@stand.com.tr> wrote in

    > Why don't you try to run Remote Desktop Connection program. "
    > This software package will install the client portion of Remote
    > Desktop on any of the following operating systems: Windows 95,
    > Windows 98 and 98 Second Edition, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0, or
    > Windows 2000 "
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/tools/rdclientdl.m
    > px
    >
    > Serhan BAKIR
    >
    > "Arjen" <Arjen@ahuiskes.demon.nl>, iletide þunu yazdý
    >> I have a Terminal Server on W2K and I connect to this with a
    >> Window NT Client 4.0.
    >> When I open a session all applications runs fine only one
    >> application
    > needs
    >> a minimum color depth of 24 bits. My client is running with 256
    >> colors. Can I change somewhere the settings on the TS for the
    >> client? or Are there other options to fix it?
    >>
    >> Thanks, Arjen

Terminal Server Windows