BROKEN ATI RADEON AIW All in Wonder TO SOLDER *DELETED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
You are going to have a tough time if this is your first time soldering. If you have a cheap radio or something tear it apart and practice on it. When you solder make sure your tip is hot enough to melt the solder before you start. Keep a wet sponge nearby and clean your tip with that. You'll have to tin the tip before you start (puting solder on the tip). When you tin the tip don't put to much solder on it. Never leave the soldering Iron on a chip for more than 2 or 3 seconds, you'll burn the chip up. I'd leave the solder on the board that's already there or else it'll be impossible to do. I haven't soldered anything in about 2 years so I might be a little rusty, but this should be a good start.

<b>Bees are on the what now?</b>

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
Thanks a lot, my friend

i already have an old card with CMS components to let me practice

How much time must be practice on it and how exactly can i know if my solders are good to let me solder my AIW safely ?

thanks

EasyInfo ;-)
Waste?ok,buy P4,GeForce3 Ti500,Win98SE
Invest?ok,buy AthlonXP,AIW 8500DV,WinXP

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
There's not really anyway. Just make sure and use a big magnifying glass when you solder. That way you can make sure you know what leads are being soldered and that none of them get shorted together. Just practice enough so that you can get the leads soldered in under 4 secs. Try puting something on the chip as a heat sink to take away excess heat also. That's about all I can tell you.

<b>Bees are on the what now?</b>

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
thanks a lot for your help

i think it is enough for me to do some good job

Bye

EasyInfo ;-)
Waste?ok,buy P4,GeForce3 Ti500,Win98SE
Invest?ok,buy AthlonXP,AIW 8500DV,WinXP

G

I've heard that before.