Terminal Service License Problem

I have a mixed W2K and W2K3 environment. All my servers
have Terminal Services in Administration mode turned on
expect a few that have Application Mode turned on. I
have no problems except with on box at a remote
location. There are others servers at this location
using Application Mode and they have no problems. The on
box is a W2K3 server that starting yesterday (about 120
days after building the box) the users got the error 'No
Terminal Server license server is available in the
current domain' and will not let you login to the box. I
have put the registry key 'DefaultLicenseServer' in the
right place and put in the server name of the Terminal
Server License server and still the problem exist. I can
ping the License server from the problem server with no
problems. The firewalls between the locations are not
dropping any thing either. Any ideas?

John,

Are you sure that you have made that server a "Terminal Services Licensing Server". You have to turn that feature on. This may be obvious to you, but a lot of people forget to do that. Also, do you have enough CALs?

Please let me know if I can be of more assistance.

Stuart Robertson
800-774-9187
http://www.software-intl.com