Greenwich Time - Just an FYI:was Confused about time

The significance of Greenwich Mean Time is important to end confusion and
use a standardized time... But that's its secondary use.

It's primary use is for navigation.

Longitude comes in 24 lines. Each line is one hour of the sun's travel.
Each hour is 15° of 360°. Zero degrees is in Greenwich.

No matter where in the world you are, if you measure high noon and look at a
GMT clock - that will tell you your Longitude.

Example: It's high noon where you are. GMT says 08:15:00. That's 8x15°=
Longitude: 120° 15 minutes and 0 seconds.

That's why it was so important to get a clock that worked accurately on a
pitching ship.

Dallas
49 answers Last reply
More about greenwich time confused time

    Dallas wrote:
    > The significance of Greenwich Mean Time is important to end confusion

    Damn Varmit, do you sleep??? d:->))

    Dallas wrote:
    > The significance of Greenwich Mean Time is important to end confusion and
    > use a standardized time... But that's its secondary use.
    >
    > It's primary use is for navigation.
    >
    > Longitude comes in 24 lines. Each line is one hour of the sun's travel.
    > Each hour is 15° of 360°. Zero degrees is in Greenwich.
    >
    > No matter where in the world you are, if you measure high noon and look at a
    > GMT clock - that will tell you your Longitude.
    >
    > Example: It's high noon where you are. GMT says 08:15:00. That's 8x15°=
    > Longitude: 120° 15 minutes and 0 seconds.
    >
    > That's why it was so important to get a clock that worked accurately on a
    > pitching ship.
    >
    > Dallas

    Filing that away in case I find myself some other place besides Texas.
    Since its a days drive to any border around me, I'll probably stay. :)

    Good description Dalli

    --

    boB

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    "boB"
    > Filing that away in case I find myself some other place besides Texas.

    You can get another Boy Scout merit badge by mastering that skill.

    Dallas

    "CRaSH"
    > Damn Varmit, do you sleep??? d:->))

    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ........

    ......what?

    Varm

    "boB"
    > Filing that away in case I find myself some other place besides Texas.

    We are total pussies with our GPS and VOR/DMEs.

    In 1944 my father and his crew flew their B-24 bomber from Tonopah, NV to
    southern Italy with nothing more than a sextant, stopwatch and something
    resembling our ADF that they tuned to find public radio stations.

    I was buddies with the navigator until he died last year. I loved his story
    of flying from Trinidad to west Africa across the Atlantic at night with a
    mostly cloud sky. Fuel running low, they sighted land and the airfield dead
    ahead.

    That's 2635 nm without being 1°off.

    Dallas

    Dallas wrote:
    > "boB"
    >
    >>Filing that away in case I find myself some other place besides Texas.
    >

    > We are total pussies with our GPS and VOR/DMEs.
    >

    > That's 2635 nm without being 1°off.
    >
    > Dallas

    Yea, that's back when we *had* to be good. :)
    --

    boB

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    > Yea, that's back when we *had* to be good. :)

    Yeah, in the navy we used to say as air navigators,
    'I have never ever been lost; but I was uncertain of my positon for thee
    days once!'

    --
    Cheers,

    Quilly

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:31:40 GMT, Dallas wrote:

    > The significance of Greenwich Mean Time is important to end confusion and
    > use a standardized time... But that's its secondary use.
    >
    > It's primary use is for navigation.
    >
    > Longitude comes in 24 lines. Each line is one hour of the sun's travel.
    > Each hour is 15° of 360°. Zero degrees is in Greenwich.
    >
    > No matter where in the world you are, if you measure high noon and look at a
    > GMT clock - that will tell you your Longitude.
    >
    > Example: It's high noon where you are. GMT says 08:15:00. That's 8x15°=
    > Longitude: 120° 15 minutes and 0 seconds.
    >
    > That's why it was so important to get a clock that worked accurately on a
    > pitching ship.

    Now ya'll know I'm gonna be putting that to the test some day.
    As soon as it's high noon and I have some time.
    If anything it'll be fun! A scientific test!

    --

    Marcel
    (It's good to be the king! - Mel Brooks)

    Hi Crash,

    Only one eye at a time, I believe, but hey, I've been wrong before! :-))

    Regards,
    John Ward

    "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi Crash,
    >
    > Only one eye at a time, I believe, but hey, I've been wrong before!
    > :-))

    Really?!!? When?? ;0))

    Iain

    Hi Varmit,

    ".....what?"

    I think he said "Hey, cut your snoring mate, or I'll have to clock ya
    one - we're all trying to sleep here!" :-))

    Regards,
    John Ward

    > "CRaSH"
    > > Damn Varmit, do you sleep??? d:->))
    >
    > ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ........
    >
    > .....what?
    >

    > Varm

    "Dallas"
    > Longitude comes in 24 lines. Each line is one hour of the sun's travel.
    > Each hour is 15° of 360°. Zero degrees is in Greenwich.

    Let me correct myself before someone else does.... Longitude does not come
    in 24 lines, it comes in 360°divided into 180°of east and 180°west... each
    hour of the sun's travel is still 15° and the noon thing still works to get
    your longitude... but if your total is over 180... subtract that number
    from 360 and change the east designation to west.

    Clear as mud, huh? :-)

    Dallas

    Hi Varmit,

    Brilliant!!

    Are you sure your not Australian?? :-))

    You know, you really should be a published writer, or, at the very
    least, a reviewer.

    Your enquiring mind, and your ability to translate complex, sometimes
    emotional, issues/thoughts/points/questions/technical facts into
    thought-provoking words somehow makes me think of Carl Frisk and Bill
    Leaming.

    Not bad, for a Texan!! :-))

    Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

    Regards,
    John Ward

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:03:57 +1000, John Ward wrote:

    > Brilliant!!
    >
    > Are you sure your not Australian?? :-))

    ROTFL!!!!

    > You know, you really should be a published writer, or, at the very
    > least, a reviewer.
    >
    > Your enquiring mind, and your ability to translate complex, sometimes
    > emotional, issues/thoughts/points/questions/technical facts into
    > thought-provoking words somehow makes me think of Carl Frisk and Bill
    > Leaming.

    I'll second that.
    He's a lot smarter than he looks. :-)
    But seriously....he is very well-spoken and I think it's obvious he was a
    member of his high school science club. Either that sience is just one of
    his passions.

    > Not bad, for a Texan!! :-))
    >
    > Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

    Yes....not bad for a Southerner. ;-)

    --

    Marcel
    (Gear up, AP engaged...hey...what's that emergency light?)

    "John Ward"
    > Are you sure you're not Australian?? :-))

    G'day mate,

    Only in spirit...

    <G>

    Dalli

    "Marcel Kuijper"
    > Yes....not bad for a Southerner. ;-)

    ....who was born in San Francisco.

    :-)

    Dalliance

    Dallas wrote:
    > Only in spirit...

    Back in the spirits are we?!?!
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message news:B3D2e.2356$x4.55@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...

    > "Marcel Kuijper"
    >> Yes....not bad for a Southerner. ;-)
    >
    > ...who was born in San Francisco.
    >
    > :-)
    >
    > Dalliance

    So when San Francisco passed the zoning law "No oil wells in your back yard!" you moved to Dallas?

    --
    ....Carl Frisk
    Anger is a brief madness.

    Hi Varmit,

    Yeah, but your Dad was a one-off, even in those times - he must have
    been!

    I envy him, and admire him, greatly, for having achieved his goal of
    being a P-51 Mustang instructor, after having flown Liberators, and
    survived!

    Regards,
    John Ward

    > "boB"
    > > Filing that away in case I find myself some other place besides Texas.
    >
    > We are total pussies with our GPS and VOR/DMEs.
    >
    > In 1944 my father and his crew flew their B-24 bomber from Tonopah, NV to
    > southern Italy with nothing more than a sextant, stopwatch and something
    > resembling our ADF that they tuned to find public radio stations.
    >
    > I was buddies with the navigator until he died last year. I loved his
    story
    > of flying from Trinidad to west Africa across the Atlantic at night with a
    > mostly cloud sky. Fuel running low, they sighted land and the airfield
    dead
    > ahead.
    >
    > That's 2635 nm without being 1°off.
    >
    > Dallas

  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "John Ward" <
    > I envy him, and admire him, greatly

    Yeah, me too... and his whole crew... the older I get the more I understand
    the phase "The Greatest Generation"...

    Dallas
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Marcel Kuijper"
    > Now ya'll know I'm gonna be putting that to the test some day.
    > If anything it'll be fun! A scientific test!

    Ok... here's how you do it:
    1) Take a flight to Vanua Levu, Fiji.
    2) Rent a car and drive to the beach at the northeastern point of the
    Island. (Longitude 180°)
    3) As noon approaches make a Pina Colada.
    4) Place a stick into the ground.
    5) When the shadow of the stick points true south check your GMT clock, it
    should say 12:00:00.

    Send me a ticket, I'd be happy to come along as a technical advisor and
    videographer.

    <G>

    Varmit
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Studmuffin,

    <Snippety snip>

    "He's a lot smarter than he looks. :-)"

    Well, everybody deserves at least one lucky break in life!! :-))

    I believe he was actually responsible for starting that Science Club,

    "Marcel Kuijper" <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:03:57 +1000, John Ward wrote:
    >
    > > Brilliant!!
    > >
    > > Are you sure your not Australian?? :-))
    >
    > ROTFL!!!!
    >

    > > You know, you really should be a published writer, or, at the very
    > > least, a reviewer.
    > >
    > > Your enquiring mind, and your ability to translate complex,
    sometimes
    > > emotional, issues/thoughts/points/questions/technical facts into
    > > thought-provoking words somehow makes me think of Carl Frisk and Bill
    > > Leaming.
    >
    > I'll second that.
    > He's a lot smarter than he looks. :-)
    > But seriously....he is very well-spoken and I think it's obvious he was a
    > member of his high school science club. Either that sience is just one of
    > his passions.
    >

    > > Not bad, for a Texan!! :-))
    > >
    > > Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
    >
    > Yes....not bad for a Southerner. ;-)
    >
    > --
    >
    > Marcel
    > (Gear up, AP engaged...hey...what's that emergency light?)
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Varmit,

    Well, that explains a lot of things!

    Regards,
    John Ward

    > "Marcel Kuijper"
    > > Yes....not bad for a Southerner. ;-)
    >
    > ...who was born in San Francisco.
    >
    > :-)
    >
    > Dalliance

  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Iain,

    I can't remember, mate, just at the moment - maybe I need to upgrade my
    memory, just like Marcel. :-)

    Regards,
    John Ward
    "IAIN SMITH" <iainsmith.rugby@btinternet.com> wrote in message

    > "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > > Hi Crash,
    > >
    > > Only one eye at a time, I believe, but hey, I've been wrong before!
    > > :-))
    >
    > Really?!!? When?? ;0))
    >
    > Iain

  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Carl,

    No, I think you're getting a little confused, mate - he IS/WAS Dallas!
    :-)

    Regards,
    John Ward
    "Carl Frisk" <c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> wrote in message
    > "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Marcel Kuijper"
    > >> Yes....not bad for a Southerner. ;-)
    > >
    > > ...who was born in San Francisco.
    > >
    > > :-)
    > >
    > > Dalliance
    > >

    > So when San Francisco passed the zoning law "No oil wells in your back
    yard!" you moved to Dallas?

    > --
    > ...Carl Frisk
    > Anger is a brief madness.
    > - Horace, 20 B.C.
    > http://www.carlfrisk.com
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "John Ward"
    > No, I think you're getting a little confused, mate - he IS/WAS Dallas!

    I could change my moniker to Saint Francisco....

    Francisco
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Lawn Dart"
    > and celebrate his true identity and get beyond this "Dallas" thing

    Boy, I can see why you're a formidable chess player. We should've named
    you Pit Bull. :-)

    I guess I should be glad you guys didn't name me "Clown Shoes".

    Francisco
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Dallas" wrote:

    > I guess I should be glad you guys didn't name me "Clown Shoes".

    Hiya Clown Shoes!

    Anything is possible. :-)

    Marcel
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Whose round??

    John
    > Dallas wrote:
    > > Only in spirit...
    > >

    > Back in the spirits are we?!?!

  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    John Ward wrote:
    > Whose round??

    Varmits, of course!!
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Lawn Dart,

    I'll drink to that, but it'll have to be a quick one, as I have to land
    this plane shortly. :-)

    Regards,
    John Ward
    "Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Frank,

    Why in heaven would you do that?

    Regards,
    John Ward

    > "John Ward"
    > > No, I think you're getting a little confused, mate - he IS/WAS
    Dallas!

    > I could change my moniker to Saint Francisco....
    >
    > Francisco

  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Crash,

    Apparently, he's busy being a saint at the moment, and claims he hasn't
    got any pockets in his robe.

    Texans are notorious for doing absolutely anything to get out of paying
    for their round! :-)

    > John Ward wrote:
    > > Whose round??
    > >

    > Varmits, of course!!

  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "John Ward"
    > Texans are notorious for doing absolutely anything to get out of
    paying
    > for their round! :-)

    Fortunately for us, Aussies are usually too drunk to notice. :-p

    Varmit
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Dallas" wrote:

    > "John Ward"
    > > Texans are notorious for doing absolutely anything to get out of
    > paying
    > > for their round! :-)
    >
    > Fortunately for us, Aussies are usually too drunk to notice. :-p

    Hey JayDub.....he's got ya there, mate! ;-)

    Marcel
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message news:kbL2e.8085$H06.5421@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...

    > "Marcel Kuijper"
    >> Now ya'll know I'm gonna be putting that to the test some day.
    >> If anything it'll be fun! A scientific test!
    >
    > Ok... here's how you do it:
    > 1) Take a flight to Vanua Levu, Fiji.
    > 2) Rent a car and drive to the beach at the northeastern point of the
    > Island. (Longitude 1800)
    > 3) As noon approaches make a Pina Colada.
    > 4) Place a stick into the ground.
    > 5) When the shadow of the stick points true south check your GMT clock, it
    > should say 12:00:00.
    >
    > Send me a ticket, I'd be happy to come along as a technical advisor and
    > videographer.
    >
    > <G>
    >
    > Varmit

    Hey I'll bring the stick!

    --
    ....Carl Frisk
    Anger is a brief madness.

    Hi Varmit,

    Well, who cares, as long as the next round arrives??

    Occassionally, I feel a little remorse for our sheilas, who have to stay
    sober so they can drive us home...... :-)))

    I quickly get over it, though!

    Regards,
    John Ward
    (sprinting for cover before Lawn Dart reads this) :-)

    > "John Ward"
    > > Texans are notorious for doing absolutely anything to get out of
    > paying
    > > for their round! :-)
    >
    > Fortunately for us, Aussies are usually too drunk to notice. :-p
    >

    > Varmit

  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 04:40:48 GMT, Dallas wrote:

    > "Marcel Kuijper"
    >> Now ya'll know I'm gonna be putting that to the test some day.
    >> If anything it'll be fun! A scientific test!
    >
    > Ok... here's how you do it:
    > 1) Take a flight to Vanua Levu, Fiji.
    > 2) Rent a car and drive to the beach at the northeastern point of the
    > Island. (Longitude 180°)
    > 3) As noon approaches make a Pina Colada.
    > 4) Place a stick into the ground.
    > 5) When the shadow of the stick points true south check your GMT clock, it
    > should say 12:00:00.
    >
    > Send me a ticket, I'd be happy to come along as a technical advisor and
    > videographer.
    >
    > <G>

    You're a real pal, you know that?

    12.15 here is 10.15 UTC.
    10x15° = 150°
    So it's 150° 15 minutes and 0 seconds. Right?

    According to my atlas, Amsterdam is (more or less) on the 5° East.

    I fear I did something wrong. <g>

    --

    Marcel
    (Mmmmmm.....beer and doughnuts. - Homer Simpson)

    "Marcel Kuijper"
    > I fear I did something wrong. <g>

    No you didn't, I did. I can't believe no one is busting my chops over
    this.... this group usually has a rocket scientist around to correct fuzzy
    math.

    We need 2 formulas - one for east - one for west:

    If it's after 12:00 GMT (Eastern Longitudes):
    At high noon record GMT
    Subtract GMT from 12 hours
    Multiply hours X 15°
    Divide minutes by 4
    The sum of these two answers is your Longitude.

    Example Studmuffin in Amsterdam:

    Studmuffin hangs a string with a weight outdoors. When the string's shadow
    points true North it will be GMT 11:40:00.

    Subtract that from 12:00 hours and you get 00:20 minutes.

    20 / 4 = 5°Longitude

    Go outside at GMT 11:40:00 tomorrow and the sun should be straight up.

    Or even cooler, if you are ever lost - the shadow of a string will point
    North at 14:40 your time (daylight savings time).

    Dallas
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Dallas wrote:
    > over this.... this group usually has a rocket scientist around to
    > correct fuzzy math.

    All the rocket scientists took their sticks and string, a sheet of butchers
    paper, some wet flour paste, couple of cloth strips ripped from an old
    sheet, made a kite, and are out enjoying the spring breezes!

    > We need 2 formulas - one for east - one for west:

    Actually it was originally set up so you had to be facing the equator, and
    it was devided into left and right!! However, all the Aussies and Kiwis
    were hoplessly lost for centuries going the wrong way, so we ended up with
    todays version.........

    Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
    Don

    Doncha just love April 1st?? d:->))
  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    > Studmuffin hangs a string with a weight outdoors. When the string's
    shadow
    > points true North it will be GMT 11:40:00.

    Or, it you don't know for sure which way is true north, wouldn't it be when
    the shadow is the shortest? Also, what if you're in the southern
    hemisphere?

    --
    Chris
    http://www.mcmartinville.com

    On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 07:25:31 GMT, "Dallas"
    <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following:

    >"Marcel Kuijper"
    >> I fear I did something wrong. <g>
    >
    >No you didn't, I did. I can't believe no one is busting my chops over
    >this.... this group usually has a rocket scientist around to correct fuzzy
    >math.
    >
    >We need 2 formulas - one for east - one for west:
    >
    >If it's after 12:00 GMT (Eastern Longitudes):
    >At high noon record GMT
    >Subtract GMT from 12 hours
    >Multiply hours X 15°
    >Divide minutes by 4
    >The sum of these two answers is your Longitude.
    >
    >Example Studmuffin in Amsterdam:
    >
    >Studmuffin hangs a string with a weight outdoors. When the string's shadow
    >points true North it will be GMT 11:40:00.
    >
    >Subtract that from 12:00 hours and you get 00:20 minutes.
    >
    >20 / 4 = 5°Longitude
    >
    >Go outside at GMT 11:40:00 tomorrow and the sun should be straight up.
    >
    >Or even cooler, if you are ever lost - the shadow of a string will point
    >North at 14:40 your time (daylight savings time).
    >
    >Dallas

    Also while in Amsterdam.. and you wish to know height of pole of other
    equipment.. simply drive tomato stake (or other calibrated hi-tech
    device) into ground and measure shadow. Once the stake height is know
    and the shadow of equipment is measured.. it's an easy step then to
    find the height.

    This bit of useful science brought to you by Texas A&M University. :)

    -Gregory
  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Chris McMartin"
    > Or, it you don't know for sure which way is true north, wouldn't it be
    when
    > the shadow is the shortest?

    Absolutely.

    > Also, what if you're in the southern hemisphere?

    Pay attention class! We covered that in the Fiji post!.. :-)
    Seriously, yes.. same rules just "true south".

    As for the formula for the Western Hemisphere we subtract 12 hours from GMT,
    instead of subtracting GMT from 12 hours.

    Here's Dallas high noon: 12:28:00 = GMT 18:28:00

    Subtract 12 hours from GMT

    06:28:00

    Multiply hours X 15°

    (6 hours X 15°= 90°)

    Divide minutes by 4

    (28 minutes by 4 = 7°)

    Add the two together = 97° west

    > --
    > Chris
    > http://www.mcmartinville.com

  45. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 20:43:04 GMT, "Dallas"
    <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
    attention:

    >"Chris McMartin"
    >> Or, it you don't know for sure which way is true north, wouldn't it be
    >when
    >> the shadow is the shortest?
    >
    >Absolutely.
    >
    >> Also, what if you're in the southern hemisphere?
    >
    >Pay attention class! We covered that in the Fiji post!.. :-)
    >Seriously, yes.. same rules just "true south".
    >
    >As for the formula for the Western Hemisphere we subtract 12 hours from GMT,
    >instead of subtracting GMT from 12 hours.
    >
    >Here's Dallas high noon: 12:28:00 = GMT 18:28:00
    >

    >Subtract 12 hours from GMT
    >

    >06:28:00
    >

    >Multiply hours X 15°
    >

    >(6 hours X 15°= 90°)
    >

    >Divide minutes by 4
    >

    >(28 minutes by 4 = 7°)
    >

    >Add the two together = 97° west

    ok ok.. will take a look at it..

    but be warned.. might result in a spreadsheet!!

    -G
  46. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 05:59:42 GMT

    "boB"
    > Filing that away in case I find myself some other place besides Texas.

    We are total pussies with our GPS and VOR/DMEs...

    Speak for yourself. As I never touch the stuff! And when I was a pilot,
    I didn't either.

    Cheers!

    Bill (using a Toshiba 2595XDVD & Windows 2000)
    -- written and edited within Word 2000
  47. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Gregory"
    > but be warned.. might result in a spreadsheet!!

    What is it with spreadsheets and engineers?

    They can't even use a calculator, they always load it into a spreadsheet.

    :-)

    Dallas

    (just kidding, I'll use a spreadsheet to add a column of numbers. In fact I
    made a standard spreadsheet for it.)
  48. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Of course with Greenwich being in cloudy old England (nope its NOT the NY
    one!), the chances of getting a shadow off a stick or dangly string or
    whatever is remote.. so i'll just look at my watch and listen to Big Ben!

    Have fun
    Sim
  49. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On 2005-04-16, Simon/Rosemary <root@simrose.co.uk> wrote:

    > "Of course with Greenwich being in cloudy old England (nope its NOT the NY
    > one!), the chances of getting a shadow off a stick or dangly string or
    > whatever is remote.. so i'll just look at my watch and listen to Big Ben!

    You can hear Big Ben in Greenwich? What good hearing you have!

    Justin C.

    --
    Justin C by the sea.

Microsoft Video Games