Greenwich Time - Just an FYI:was Confused about time

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 30, 2005 3:31:40 AM

The significance of Greenwich Mean Time is important to end confusion and
use a standardized time... But that's its secondary use.

It's primary use is for navigation.

Longitude comes in 24 lines. Each line is one hour of the sun's travel.
Each hour is 15° of 360°. Zero degrees is in Greenwich.

No matter where in the world you are, if you measure high noon and look at a
GMT clock - that will tell you your Longitude.

Example: It's high noon where you are. GMT says 08:15:00. That's 8x15°=
Longitude: 120° 15 minutes and 0 seconds.

That's why it was so important to get a clock that worked accurately on a
pitching ship.

Dallas

More about : greenwich time fyi confused time

March 30, 2005 3:31:41 AM

Dallas wrote:
> The significance of Greenwich Mean Time is important to end confusion

Damn Varmit, do you sleep??? d:->))
March 30, 2005 4:21:18 AM

Dallas wrote:
> The significance of Greenwich Mean Time is important to end confusion and
> use a standardized time... But that's its secondary use.
>
> It's primary use is for navigation.
>
> Longitude comes in 24 lines. Each line is one hour of the sun's travel.
> Each hour is 15° of 360°. Zero degrees is in Greenwich.
>
> No matter where in the world you are, if you measure high noon and look at a
> GMT clock - that will tell you your Longitude.
>
> Example: It's high noon where you are. GMT says 08:15:00. That's 8x15°=
> Longitude: 120° 15 minutes and 0 seconds.
>
> That's why it was so important to get a clock that worked accurately on a
> pitching ship.
>
> Dallas

Filing that away in case I find myself some other place besides Texas.
Since its a days drive to any border around me, I'll probably stay. :)

Good description Dalli

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
March 30, 2005 9:31:01 AM

"boB"
> Filing that away in case I find myself some other place besides Texas.

You can get another Boy Scout merit badge by mastering that skill.

Dallas
March 30, 2005 9:34:03 AM

"CRaSH"
> Damn Varmit, do you sleep??? d:->))

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ........

......what?

Varm
March 30, 2005 9:59:42 AM

"boB"
> Filing that away in case I find myself some other place besides Texas.

We are total pussies with our GPS and VOR/DMEs.

In 1944 my father and his crew flew their B-24 bomber from Tonopah, NV to
southern Italy with nothing more than a sextant, stopwatch and something
resembling our ADF that they tuned to find public radio stations.

I was buddies with the navigator until he died last year. I loved his story
of flying from Trinidad to west Africa across the Atlantic at night with a
mostly cloud sky. Fuel running low, they sighted land and the airfield dead
ahead.

That's 2635 nm without being 1°off.

Dallas
March 30, 2005 11:13:44 AM

Dallas wrote:
> "boB"
>
>>Filing that away in case I find myself some other place besides Texas.
>

> We are total pussies with our GPS and VOR/DMEs.
>

> That's 2635 nm without being 1°off.
>
> Dallas

Yea, that's back when we *had* to be good. :)
--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
March 30, 2005 3:54:50 PM

> Yea, that's back when we *had* to be good. :)

Yeah, in the navy we used to say as air navigators,
'I have never ever been lost; but I was uncertain of my positon for thee
days once!'

--
Cheers,

Quilly
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 11:58:46 PM

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:31:40 GMT, Dallas wrote:

> The significance of Greenwich Mean Time is important to end confusion and
> use a standardized time... But that's its secondary use.
>
> It's primary use is for navigation.
>
> Longitude comes in 24 lines. Each line is one hour of the sun's travel.
> Each hour is 15° of 360°. Zero degrees is in Greenwich.
>
> No matter where in the world you are, if you measure high noon and look at a
> GMT clock - that will tell you your Longitude.
>
> Example: It's high noon where you are. GMT says 08:15:00. That's 8x15°=
> Longitude: 120° 15 minutes and 0 seconds.
>
> That's why it was so important to get a clock that worked accurately on a
> pitching ship.

Now ya'll know I'm gonna be putting that to the test some day.
As soon as it's high noon and I have some time.
If anything it'll be fun! A scientific test!

--

Marcel
(It's good to be the king! - Mel Brooks)

Hi Crash,

Only one eye at a time, I believe, but hey, I've been wrong before! :-))

Regards,
John Ward
"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
> Dallas wrote:
> > The significance of Greenwich Mean Time is important to end confusion
>
> Damn Varmit, do you sleep??? d:->))

Anonymous
March 31, 2005 1:34:09 AM

"John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi Crash,
>
> Only one eye at a time, I believe, but hey, I've been wrong before!
> :-))

Really?!!? When?? ;0))

Iain
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 1:41:14 AM

Hi Varmit,

".....what?"

I think he said "Hey, cut your snoring mate, or I'll have to clock ya
one - we're all trying to sleep here!" :-))

Regards,
John Ward

> "CRaSH"
> > Damn Varmit, do you sleep??? d:->))
>
> ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ........
>
> .....what?
>

> Varm

March 31, 2005 1:46:09 AM

"Dallas"
> Longitude comes in 24 lines. Each line is one hour of the sun's travel.
> Each hour is 15° of 360°. Zero degrees is in Greenwich.

Let me correct myself before someone else does.... Longitude does not come
in 24 lines, it comes in 360°divided into 180°of east and 180°west... each
hour of the sun's travel is still 15° and the noon thing still works to get
your longitude... but if your total is over 180... subtract that number
from 360 and change the east designation to west.

Clear as mud, huh? :-)

Dallas
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 2:03:57 AM

Hi Varmit,

Brilliant!!

Are you sure your not Australian?? :-))

You know, you really should be a published writer, or, at the very
least, a reviewer.

Your enquiring mind, and your ability to translate complex, sometimes
emotional, issues/thoughts/points/questions/technical facts into
thought-provoking words somehow makes me think of Carl Frisk and Bill
Leaming.

Not bad, for a Texan!! :-))

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Regards,
John Ward

> The significance of Greenwich Mean Time is important to end confusion and
> use a standardized time... But that's its secondary use.
>
> It's primary use is for navigation.
>
> Longitude comes in 24 lines. Each line is one hour of the sun's travel.
> Each hour is 15° of 360°. Zero degrees is in Greenwich.
>
> No matter where in the world you are, if you measure high noon and look at
> GMT clock - that will tell you your Longitude.
>
> Example: It's high noon where you are. GMT says 08:15:00. That's 8x15°=
> Longitude: 120° 15 minutes and 0 seconds.
>
> That's why it was so important to get a clock that worked accurately on a
> pitching ship.
>
> Dallas

Anonymous
March 31, 2005 2:03:58 AM

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:03:57 +1000, John Ward wrote:

> Brilliant!!
>
> Are you sure your not Australian?? :-))

ROTFL!!!!

> You know, you really should be a published writer, or, at the very
> least, a reviewer.
>
> Your enquiring mind, and your ability to translate complex, sometimes
> emotional, issues/thoughts/points/questions/technical facts into
> thought-provoking words somehow makes me think of Carl Frisk and Bill
> Leaming.

I'll second that.
He's a lot smarter than he looks. :-)
But seriously....he is very well-spoken and I think it's obvious he was a
member of his high school science club. Either that sience is just one of
his passions.

> Not bad, for a Texan!! :-))
>
> Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Yes....not bad for a Southerner. ;-)

--

Marcel
(Gear up, AP engaged...hey...what's that emergency light?)

"John Ward"
> Are you sure you're not Australian?? :-))

G'day mate,

Only in spirit...

<G>

Dalli
March 31, 2005 2:03:59 AM

"Marcel Kuijper"
> Yes....not bad for a Southerner. ;-)

....who was born in San Francisco.

:-)

Dalliance
March 31, 2005 2:03:59 AM

Dallas wrote:
> Only in spirit...

Back in the spirits are we?!?!
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 2:04:00 AM

"Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message news:B3D2e.2356$x4.55@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...

> "Marcel Kuijper"
>> Yes....not bad for a Southerner. ;-)
>
> ...who was born in San Francisco.
>
> :-)
>
> Dalliance

So when San Francisco passed the zoning law "No oil wells in your back yard!" you moved to Dallas?

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

Hi Varmit,

Yeah, but your Dad was a one-off, even in those times - he must have
been!

I envy him, and admire him, greatly, for having achieved his goal of
being a P-51 Mustang instructor, after having flown Liberators, and
survived!

Regards,
John Ward

> "boB"
> > Filing that away in case I find myself some other place besides Texas.
>
> We are total pussies with our GPS and VOR/DMEs.
>
> In 1944 my father and his crew flew their B-24 bomber from Tonopah, NV to
> southern Italy with nothing more than a sextant, stopwatch and something
> resembling our ADF that they tuned to find public radio stations.
>
> I was buddies with the navigator until he died last year. I loved his
story
> of flying from Trinidad to west Africa across the Atlantic at night with a
> mostly cloud sky. Fuel running low, they sighted land and the airfield
dead
> ahead.
>
> That's 2635 nm without being 1°off.
>
> Dallas

March 31, 2005 2:14:49 AM

"John Ward" <
> I envy him, and admire him, greatly

Yeah, me too... and his whole crew... the older I get the more I understand
the phase "The Greatest Generation"...

Dallas
March 31, 2005 8:40:48 AM

"Marcel Kuijper"
> Now ya'll know I'm gonna be putting that to the test some day.
> If anything it'll be fun! A scientific test!

Ok... here's how you do it:
1) Take a flight to Vanua Levu, Fiji.
2) Rent a car and drive to the beach at the northeastern point of the
Island. (Longitude 180°)
3) As noon approaches make a Pina Colada.
4) Place a stick into the ground.
5) When the shadow of the stick points true south check your GMT clock, it
should say 12:00:00.

Send me a ticket, I'd be happy to come along as a technical advisor and
videographer.

<G>

Varmit
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 10:20:21 AM

Hi Studmuffin,

<Snippety snip>

"He's a lot smarter than he looks. :-)"

Well, everybody deserves at least one lucky break in life!! :-))

I believe he was actually responsible for starting that Science Club,

"Marcel Kuijper" <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:03:57 +1000, John Ward wrote:
>
> > Brilliant!!
> >
> > Are you sure your not Australian?? :-))
>
> ROTFL!!!!
>

> > You know, you really should be a published writer, or, at the very
> > least, a reviewer.
> >
> > Your enquiring mind, and your ability to translate complex,
sometimes
> > emotional, issues/thoughts/points/questions/technical facts into
> > thought-provoking words somehow makes me think of Carl Frisk and Bill
> > Leaming.
>
> I'll second that.
> He's a lot smarter than he looks. :-)
> But seriously....he is very well-spoken and I think it's obvious he was a
> member of his high school science club. Either that sience is just one of
> his passions.
>

> > Not bad, for a Texan!! :-))
> >
> > Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
>
> Yes....not bad for a Southerner. ;-)
>
> --
>
> Marcel
> (Gear up, AP engaged...hey...what's that emergency light?)
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 10:22:29 AM

Hi Varmit,

Well, that explains a lot of things!

Regards,
John Ward

> "Marcel Kuijper"
> > Yes....not bad for a Southerner. ;-)
>
> ...who was born in San Francisco.
>
> :-)
>
> Dalliance

Anonymous
March 31, 2005 10:33:49 AM

Hi Iain,

I can't remember, mate, just at the moment - maybe I need to upgrade my
memory, just like Marcel. :-)

Regards,
John Ward
"IAIN SMITH" <iainsmith.rugby@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D 2f1v2$h43$1@sparta.btinternet.com...

> "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > Hi Crash,
> >
> > Only one eye at a time, I believe, but hey, I've been wrong before!
> > :-))
>
> Really?!!? When?? ;0))
>
> Iain

Anonymous
March 31, 2005 10:36:13 AM

Hi Carl,

No, I think you're getting a little confused, mate - he IS/WAS Dallas!
:-)

Regards,
John Ward
"Carl Frisk" <c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> wrote in message
> "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Marcel Kuijper"
> >> Yes....not bad for a Southerner. ;-)
> >
> > ...who was born in San Francisco.
> >
> > :-)
> >
> > Dalliance
> >

> So when San Francisco passed the zoning law "No oil wells in your back
yard!" you moved to Dallas?

> --
> ...Carl Frisk
> Anger is a brief madness.
> - Horace, 20 B.C.
> http://www.carlfrisk.com
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 10:36:14 AM

March 31, 2005 10:36:14 AM

"John Ward"
> No, I think you're getting a little confused, mate - he IS/WAS Dallas!

I could change my moniker to Saint Francisco....

Francisco
March 31, 2005 10:36:15 AM

"Lawn Dart"
> and celebrate his true identity and get beyond this "Dallas" thing

Boy, I can see why you're a formidable chess player. We should've named
you Pit Bull. :-)

I guess I should be glad you guys didn't name me "Clown Shoes".

Francisco
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 10:36:16 AM

"Dallas" wrote:

> I guess I should be glad you guys didn't name me "Clown Shoes".

Hiya Clown Shoes!

Anything is possible. :-)

Marcel
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 10:37:35 AM

Whose round??

John
> Dallas wrote:
> > Only in spirit...
> >

> Back in the spirits are we?!?!

March 31, 2005 10:37:36 AM

John Ward wrote:
> Whose round??

Varmits, of course!!
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 11:22:57 AM

Hi Lawn Dart,

I'll drink to that, but it'll have to be a quick one, as I have to land
this plane shortly. :-)

Regards,
John Ward
"Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 12:49:53 PM

Hi Frank,

Why in heaven would you do that?

Regards,
John Ward

> "John Ward"
> > No, I think you're getting a little confused, mate - he IS/WAS
Dallas!

> I could change my moniker to Saint Francisco....
>
> Francisco

Anonymous
March 31, 2005 12:56:18 PM

Hi Crash,

Apparently, he's busy being a saint at the moment, and claims he hasn't
got any pockets in his robe.

Texans are notorious for doing absolutely anything to get out of paying
for their round! :-)

> John Ward wrote:
> > Whose round??
> >

> Varmits, of course!!

March 31, 2005 12:56:19 PM

"John Ward"
> Texans are notorious for doing absolutely anything to get out of
paying
> for their round! :-)

Fortunately for us, Aussies are usually too drunk to notice. :-p

Varmit
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 12:56:20 PM

"Dallas" wrote:

> "John Ward"
> > Texans are notorious for doing absolutely anything to get out of
> paying
> > for their round! :-)
>
> Fortunately for us, Aussies are usually too drunk to notice. :-p

Hey JayDub.....he's got ya there, mate! ;-)

Marcel
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 1:47:21 PM

"Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message news:kbL2e.8085$H06.5421@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...

> "Marcel Kuijper"
>> Now ya'll know I'm gonna be putting that to the test some day.
>> If anything it'll be fun! A scientific test!
>
> Ok... here's how you do it:
> 1) Take a flight to Vanua Levu, Fiji.
> 2) Rent a car and drive to the beach at the northeastern point of the
> Island. (Longitude 1800)
> 3) As noon approaches make a Pina Colada.
> 4) Place a stick into the ground.
> 5) When the shadow of the stick points true south check your GMT clock, it
> should say 12:00:00.
>
> Send me a ticket, I'd be happy to come along as a technical advisor and
> videographer.
>
> <G>
>
> Varmit

Hey I'll bring the stick!

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

Hi Varmit,

Well, who cares, as long as the next round arrives??

Occassionally, I feel a little remorse for our sheilas, who have to stay
sober so they can drive us home...... :-)))

I quickly get over it, though!

Regards,
John Ward
(sprinting for cover before Lawn Dart reads this) :-)

> "John Ward"
> > Texans are notorious for doing absolutely anything to get out of
> paying
> > for their round! :-)
>
> Fortunately for us, Aussies are usually too drunk to notice. :-p
>

> Varmit

Anonymous
March 31, 2005 11:39:56 PM

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 04:40:48 GMT, Dallas wrote:

> "Marcel Kuijper"
>> Now ya'll know I'm gonna be putting that to the test some day.
>> If anything it'll be fun! A scientific test!
>
> Ok... here's how you do it:
> 1) Take a flight to Vanua Levu, Fiji.
> 2) Rent a car and drive to the beach at the northeastern point of the
> Island. (Longitude 180°)
> 3) As noon approaches make a Pina Colada.
> 4) Place a stick into the ground.
> 5) When the shadow of the stick points true south check your GMT clock, it
> should say 12:00:00.
>
> Send me a ticket, I'd be happy to come along as a technical advisor and
> videographer.
>
> <G>

You're a real pal, you know that?

12.15 here is 10.15 UTC.
10x15° = 150°
So it's 150° 15 minutes and 0 seconds. Right?

According to my atlas, Amsterdam is (more or less) on the 5° East.

I fear I did something wrong. <g>

--

Marcel
(Mmmmmm.....beer and doughnuts. - Homer Simpson)

"Marcel Kuijper"
> I fear I did something wrong. <g>

No you didn't, I did. I can't believe no one is busting my chops over
this.... this group usually has a rocket scientist around to correct fuzzy
math.

We need 2 formulas - one for east - one for west:

If it's after 12:00 GMT (Eastern Longitudes):
At high noon record GMT
Subtract GMT from 12 hours
Multiply hours X 15°
Divide minutes by 4
The sum of these two answers is your Longitude.

Example Studmuffin in Amsterdam:

Studmuffin hangs a string with a weight outdoors. When the string's shadow
points true North it will be GMT 11:40:00.

Subtract that from 12:00 hours and you get 00:20 minutes.

20 / 4 = 5°Longitude

Go outside at GMT 11:40:00 tomorrow and the sun should be straight up.

Or even cooler, if you are ever lost - the shadow of a string will point
North at 14:40 your time (daylight savings time).

Dallas
April 1, 2005 2:22:57 PM

Dallas wrote:
> over this.... this group usually has a rocket scientist around to
> correct fuzzy math.

All the rocket scientists took their sticks and string, a sheet of butchers
paper, some wet flour paste, couple of cloth strips ripped from an old
sheet, made a kite, and are out enjoying the spring breezes!

> We need 2 formulas - one for east - one for west:

Actually it was originally set up so you had to be facing the equator, and
it was devided into left and right!! However, all the Aussies and Kiwis
were hoplessly lost for centuries going the wrong way, so we ended up with
todays version.........

Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
Don

Doncha just love April 1st?? d:->))
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 10:52:53 AM

> Studmuffin hangs a string with a weight outdoors. When the string's
shadow
> points true North it will be GMT 11:40:00.

Or, it you don't know for sure which way is true north, wouldn't it be when
the shadow is the shortest? Also, what if you're in the southern
hemisphere?

--
Chris
http://www.mcmartinville.com

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 07:25:31 GMT, "Dallas"
<Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following:

>"Marcel Kuijper"
>> I fear I did something wrong. <g>
>
>No you didn't, I did. I can't believe no one is busting my chops over
>this.... this group usually has a rocket scientist around to correct fuzzy
>math.
>
>We need 2 formulas - one for east - one for west:
>
>If it's after 12:00 GMT (Eastern Longitudes):
>At high noon record GMT
>Subtract GMT from 12 hours
>Multiply hours X 15°
>Divide minutes by 4
>The sum of these two answers is your Longitude.
>
>Example Studmuffin in Amsterdam:
>
>Studmuffin hangs a string with a weight outdoors. When the string's shadow
>points true North it will be GMT 11:40:00.
>
>Subtract that from 12:00 hours and you get 00:20 minutes.
>
>20 / 4 = 5°Longitude
>
>Go outside at GMT 11:40:00 tomorrow and the sun should be straight up.
>
>Or even cooler, if you are ever lost - the shadow of a string will point
>North at 14:40 your time (daylight savings time).
>
>Dallas

Also while in Amsterdam.. and you wish to know height of pole of other
equipment.. simply drive tomato stake (or other calibrated hi-tech
device) into ground and measure shadow. Once the stake height is know
and the shadow of equipment is measured.. it's an easy step then to
find the height.

This bit of useful science brought to you by Texas A&M University. :)

-Gregory
April 3, 2005 12:43:04 AM

"Chris McMartin"
> Or, it you don't know for sure which way is true north, wouldn't it be
when
> the shadow is the shortest?

Absolutely.

> Also, what if you're in the southern hemisphere?

Pay attention class! We covered that in the Fiji post!.. :-)
Seriously, yes.. same rules just "true south".

As for the formula for the Western Hemisphere we subtract 12 hours from GMT,
instead of subtracting GMT from 12 hours.

Here's Dallas high noon: 12:28:00 = GMT 18:28:00

Subtract 12 hours from GMT

06:28:00

Multiply hours X 15°

(6 hours X 15°= 90°)

Divide minutes by 4

(28 minutes by 4 = 7°)

Add the two together = 97° west

> --
> Chris
> http://www.mcmartinville.com

April 3, 2005 12:43:05 AM

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 20:43:04 GMT, "Dallas"
<Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
attention:

>"Chris McMartin"
>> Or, it you don't know for sure which way is true north, wouldn't it be
>when
>> the shadow is the shortest?
>
>Absolutely.
>
>> Also, what if you're in the southern hemisphere?
>
>Pay attention class! We covered that in the Fiji post!.. :-)
>Seriously, yes.. same rules just "true south".
>
>As for the formula for the Western Hemisphere we subtract 12 hours from GMT,
>instead of subtracting GMT from 12 hours.
>
>Here's Dallas high noon: 12:28:00 = GMT 18:28:00
>

>Subtract 12 hours from GMT
>

>06:28:00
>

>Multiply hours X 15°
>

>(6 hours X 15°= 90°)
>

>Divide minutes by 4
>

>(28 minutes by 4 = 7°)
>

>Add the two together = 97° west

ok ok.. will take a look at it..

but be warned.. might result in a spreadsheet!!

-G
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 3:51:09 AM

Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 05:59:42 GMT

"boB"
> Filing that away in case I find myself some other place besides Texas.

We are total pussies with our GPS and VOR/DMEs...

Speak for yourself. As I never touch the stuff! And when I was a pilot,
I didn't either.

Cheers!

Bill (using a Toshiba 2595XDVD & Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within Word 2000
April 3, 2005 3:58:53 AM

"Gregory"
> but be warned.. might result in a spreadsheet!!

What is it with spreadsheets and engineers?

They can't even use a calculator, they always load it into a spreadsheet.

:-)

Dallas

(just kidding, I'll use a spreadsheet to add a column of numbers. In fact I
made a standard spreadsheet for it.)
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 5:14:06 AM

"Of course with Greenwich being in cloudy old England (nope its NOT the NY
one!), the chances of getting a shadow off a stick or dangly string or
whatever is remote.. so i'll just look at my watch and listen to Big Ben!

Have fun
Sim
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 2:34:50 AM

On 2005-04-16, Simon/Rosemary <root@simrose.co.uk> wrote:

> "Of course with Greenwich being in cloudy old England (nope its NOT the NY
> one!), the chances of getting a shadow off a stick or dangly string or
> whatever is remote.. so i'll just look at my watch and listen to Big Ben!

You can hear Big Ben in Greenwich? What good hearing you have!

Justin C.

--
Justin C by the sea.
!