Client display choppy

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have one client PC where the display is choppy when
using TS. This server is Win2003 and the client is the
current version. All other PC's work fine. I've tried
setting the display on the TS client, the local PC with
no luck. Any ideas?
Thanks, Rob

Rob, it's hard to say. This can be an effect of the connection bandwidth or
lag (especially if it appears to settle down in certain circumstances),
specific apps, or the client type/OS. Could you provide some more info?

+ Client OS
+ TS Client - web or native client?
+ Connection bandwidth
+ What is the ping time and traceroute hop count to the server from the
client?
+ What app are they running when its choppy? See what happens with Notepad
and Calc, for example.
+ Does it settle down?
+ Are you redirecting any of the following: client drives, printers, COM
ports, smart cards, Audio? Try not using any.
+ What's the desktop settings, both size and color depth? See what happens
with lower depth and a smaller display size