NT4 Client get only temporary TS-CAL's from W2K3 TS-Licens..

I have moved my old W2K-TS in the new W2K3 Domain. My TS-Licensing Server was moved from the W2K-TS to the W2K3 DC.
I have activated the server and loaded a set of client access licenses (5) over the Clearing-House.
Now - the 5 NT4 Workstations (with RDP 5.2 Client) get only temporary TS-CAL's - - even the 5 permanent TS-CAL's are available !!
I have also delete the Registry-Key (HKLM\SW\MS\MSLicensing\....) for the Licensing infos at the NT Workstations - the same problem !
Can someone help me ?
....thanks for any information

Per User or Per Device TS CALs?
And is the TS in the same licensing mode as the TS CALs?

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

"=?Utf-8?B?U3ZlbiBXYWhsZXIgR2VybWFueQ==?=" <Sven Wahler
Germany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I have moved my old W2K-TS in the new W2K3 Domain. My
> TS-Licensing Server was moved from the W2K-TS to the W2K3 DC.
> I have activated the server and loaded a set of client access
> licenses (5) over the Clearing-House. Now - the 5 NT4
> Workstations (with RDP 5.2 Client) get only temporary TS-CAL's -
> - even the 5 permanent TS-CAL's are available !! I have also
> delete the Registry-Key (HKLM\SW\MS\MSLicensing\....) for the
> Licensing infos at the NT Workstations - the same problem ! Can
> someone help me ?
> ....thanks for any information

My TS is a W2K - i can only take the Per Device Mode.
The TS-Lic-Server on the W2K3 DC is activated in Per Device Mode and the 5 TS-CAL's are in Per Device Mode too.

"Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:

> Per User or Per Device TS CALs?
> And is the TS in the same licensing mode as the TS CALs?
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> *----------- Please reply in newsgroup -------------*
>
> "=?Utf-8?B?U3ZlbiBXYWhsZXIgR2VybWFueQ==?=" <Sven Wahler
> Germany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
> > I have moved my old W2K-TS in the new W2K3 Domain. My
> > TS-Licensing Server was moved from the W2K-TS to the W2K3 DC.
> > I have activated the server and loaded a set of client access
> > licenses (5) over the Clearing-House. Now - the 5 NT4
> > Workstations (with RDP 5.2 Client) get only temporary TS-CAL's -
> > - even the 5 permanent TS-CAL's are available !! I have also
> > delete the Registry-Key (HKLM\SW\MS\MSLicensing\....) for the
> > Licensing infos at the NT Workstations - the same problem ! Can
> > someone help me ?
> > ....thanks for any information

My Terminal-Server is a W2K Server - I can only take the Per Device Mode for this.
The Terminal-Server Licensing Server on the W2K3 DC is activated in Per Device Mode and the 5 TS-CAL's are activated in Per Device Mode too.

"Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:

> Per User or Per Device TS CALs?
> And is the TS in the same licensing mode as the TS CALs?
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> *----------- Please reply in newsgroup -------------*
>
> "=?Utf-8?B?U3ZlbiBXYWhsZXIgR2VybWFueQ==?=" <Sven Wahler
> Germany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
> > I have moved my old W2K-TS in the new W2K3 Domain. My
> > TS-Licensing Server was moved from the W2K-TS to the W2K3 DC.
> > I have activated the server and loaded a set of client access
> > licenses (5) over the Clearing-House. Now - the 5 NT4
> > Workstations (with RDP 5.2 Client) get only temporary TS-CAL's -
> > - even the 5 permanent TS-CAL's are available !! I have also
> > delete the Registry-Key (HKLM\SW\MS\MSLicensing\....) for the
> > Licensing infos at the NT Workstations - the same problem ! Can
> > someone help me ?
> > ....thanks for any information

Maybe your W2K TS still has the name of the old LS hardcoded into
its registry? Try to hardcode the new LS.

239107 - Establishing Preferred Windows 2000 Terminal Services
License Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=239107

--
Vera Noest

> My TS is a W2K - i can only take the Per Device Mode.
> The TS-Lic-Server on the W2K3 DC is activated in Per Device Mode
> and the 5 TS-CAL's are in Per Device Mode too.
>
> "Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Per User or Per Device TS CALs?
>> And is the TS in the same licensing mode as the TS CALs?
>>
>> --
>> Vera Noest
>> MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
>> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
>> *----------- Please reply in newsgroup -------------*
>>
>> "=?Utf-8?B?U3ZlbiBXYWhsZXIgR2VybWFueQ==?=" <Sven Wahler
>> Germany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>
>> > I have moved my old W2K-TS in the new W2K3 Domain. My
>> > TS-Licensing Server was moved from the W2K-TS to the W2K3 DC.
>> > I have activated the server and loaded a set of client access
>> > licenses (5) over the Clearing-House. Now - the 5 NT4
>> > Workstations (with RDP 5.2 Client) get only temporary
>> > TS-CAL's - - even the 5 permanent TS-CAL's are available !! I
>> > have also delete the Registry-Key
>> > (HKLM\SW\MS\MSLicensing\....) for the Licensing infos at the
>> > NT Workstations - the same problem ! Can someone help me ?
>> > ....thanks for any information

Unfortunately I can't look at the TS this moment
My concerne is: When the TS still has the name of the old LS hardcoded in
his registry - why can the NT4 Client's get new temporary Licenses from the new TS-Licensing-Server and why do they not take the permanent Licenses from him ?