Amd VS Pentium

hurtalonepd

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Name Video:THG_CPU_Cooling.avi

Title:'What happens when the CPU cooler is removed'

Tom's hardware guide

1.Cpu:Intel p4 2000 socket 423 Intel 850 Chipset(coment:29c Aplication slows down Cpu survives)
2.Cpu:Intel p3 1000 socket 370 Intel 815 EP Chipset(38c Aplication freezes Cpu survives)

TG Publishing AG 2001
Created by Munich Lab TG Publishing AG

Name Video:thg_video_17_stresstest_wmv.wmv

Title:'18 Days of Full Stress'

Produced by Frank Volkel
2005 by TG Publishing Ag

This video was make me to start a project to study if is true or not. I was found that , or i have now the ideea, but i must finish my study that Tom's Kat Hardware where i have registers make in the begining of this site testing but show only what they want. But for the moment this is a ideea. i must finish and if is true*for the moment is true that what they show in first video What happens when the CPU cooler is remove is not realy true. so i start to see what happen. Soon i will publish here my study

zachsm

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
Ive grown up with AMD and Intel, and I'd say Intel gives the finer product

Ive had bad luck with processor fans, two on AMD go out on me and two on Intel also (old first pentium at 400 mhz and my current 3.06 533 P4)

both of my AMD proccessors melted onto my mb and both intels are working at 100% today

i couldn't really give a shit about performance, the span between intel and amd isn't that much to give me an edge in games or anything

OMGZ 4 MORE FPS AMD RULEZZZZZZZ

Power consumption i could care less about too

so Intel i feel is a better product right now.

philderbeast

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2005
i have been looking at the situation beteen amd and intell for awhile to make a descion about what to buy for my next comp. and atm i would have to say im going with amd.

my reasoning is the lower power consumption (electricity bills can get high with 3-4 comps going 24-7) and most inportanly heat, the last thing i need is my pc heating up the place and costing more to try and cool my house in summer.

we all know amd has previously had issues with heat and anyone who denys it is lying. but i would love to see the heatsink removal test run again with current cpus... see if the same thng happens or if the problem has been fixed.

Shagohod

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
i have been looking at the situation beteen amd and intell for awhile to make a descion about what to buy for my next comp. and atm i would have to say im going with amd.

my reasoning is the lower power consumption (electricity bills can get high with 3-4 comps going 24-7) and most inportanly heat, the last thing i need is my pc heating up the place and costing more to try and cool my house in summer.

we all know amd has previously had issues with heat and anyone who denys it is lying. but i would love to see the heatsink removal test run again with current cpus... see if the same thng happens or if the problem has been fixed.

Hey philderbeast
take a look at this video, it got what you want to see
they try to remove the cooler out of AMD Athlon64 3200+ and AthlonFX-51 also with Pentium 4 3.2GHz EE on the late of video
http://www.tomshardware.com/cgi-bin/downloads.m?id=10
you will see what happen

hurtalonepd

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
i don't speak about intel vs amd ho is the best, i was try to say that what tom's kats hardware show in first video is not full true, you say that u 400mhz intel after the fans fail is like they say "survive", i lost a intel pentium II at 500 mhz while i was install windows my fan was block by a conductor, and guess what: cpu survive with errors=lost. that i was to say, in my project guees what. i was test pII 233.its true after removing fan+radiator cpu survives, main board crash.=lost, guess what pII 500 mhz celeron 66mhz survives in this test with errors, after 16 second system halt and cpu crash, not in fire like amd but crash. So i wander again what they have do when was filmed that video, ho have interes in that year to show that. Next is a pII 266Mhz, PIII 1000Mhx like in that video, and a P4 1,5 ghz. I will make public the study but in romanish on my site after i finish. But what thay show in that video, 50% now i don't belive
Thank any way for comment

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Power consumption i could care less about too
In which case you want an AMD.... :roll:

Of course, if you'd used the expression I couldn't care less, then that would've agreed with the rest of your post.

This isn't particularly aimed at you, it's just I see so many people incorrectly use that expression that it's really starting to irk me. Just think about what you're saying people... you're stating exactly the opposite of what you intend to.

[/pedant]

Oh, and while you apparently don't care about power consumption, it's a shame that motherboards do.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
This isn't particularly aimed at you, it's just I see so many people incorrectly use that expression that it's really starting to irk me. Just think about what you're saying people... you're stating exactly the opposite of what you intend to.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm one of those people.

But in my case I do it on purpose. While things like irregardless bug me, I do intentionally say that I could care less. Why? Because when I say it what I'm really thinking and actually mean is that I could care less, but I chose not to.

:lol:

I know, it makes no real sense, but then, that's me. :wink:

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Why? Because when I say it what I'm really thinking and actually mean is that I could care less, but I chose not to.
Well, if you actually do mean you could care less, then that's ok I suppose. But It then stops becoming a statement of how indifferent you are, and becomes completely meaningless...

It could then mean it's the single most important thing in the world to you, but it equally could mean it's the second least important thing (or the least important thing, but you do retain some capacity for thinking even less of it, or of something else)...

[/Rambling]

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
It could then mean it's the single most important thing in the world to you, but it equally could mean it's the second least important thing (or the least important thing, but you do retain some capacity for thinking even less of it, or of something else)...
Exactly. It could mean either. However tone of voice and body language (especially the shrug I usually throw in) generally portrays the value adequately. :mrgreen:

To me it signifies that point where I've stopped caring, because to care less requires more energy than not caring at all. So I could care less, but I choose not to. :)

It's deranged, I know. But I could care less. :wink:

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Exactly. It could mean either. However tone of voice and body language (especially the shrug I usually throw in) generally portrays the value adequately. :mrgreen:

To me it signifies that point where I've stopped caring, because to care less requires more energy than not caring at all. So I could care less, but I choose not to. :)

It's deranged, I know. But I could care less. :wink:

[/confudled]
[/shoots self]

omg, so you do care but choose not to? but if you have choosen not to then how come you could care less? :cry:

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Just because I could do something doesn't mean that I have to do it. I could care less, but that'd take effort, and I'm lazy. So I choose not to care less and thus save myself that effort. **shrug**