  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b α HP
November 7, 2004 12:49:44 PM

This is a garage-sale special, which prints great in black-and-white but
will not print color. The "low ink" light isn't on, and when I lifted the
lid the cartridges moved to the "ok" slot.

But after I did a head cleaning, the cartridges slid to the "color cartridge
low" slot.

Meanwhile, I had read about cleaning the contacts, which I did. Then the
cartridges again lined up with the "ok" slot with the cover open.

In other words, I'm getting mixed messages from the machine. Despite this, I
suspect I need a new color cartridge. Agreed?

More about : deskjet 932c color printing

Anonymous
a b α HP
November 7, 2004 11:17:51 PM

"Ken_B" <@> wrote in message news:10osgvao9sjpq0b@corp.supernews.com...
> This is a garage-sale special, which prints great in black-and-white but will
> not print color. The "low ink" light isn't on, and when I lifted the lid the
> cartridges moved to the "ok" slot.
[snip]
> In other words, I'm getting mixed messages from the machine. Despite this, I
> suspect I need a new color cartridge. Agreed?

Probably. You can print an diagnostic test as shown at the following:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us....
If some of the color nozzles print then a few cleaning cycles may recover the
cartridge.

Regards,
a b α HP
November 8, 2004 1:18:28 PM

Very interesting information!

I still could get no hint of color, so I've got a new color cartridge on
order.

Thanks.

Ken

"Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com> wrote in message

> "Ken_B" <@> wrote in message news:10osgvao9sjpq0b@corp.supernews.com...
>> This is a garage-sale special, which prints great in black-and-white but
>> will not print color. The "low ink" light isn't on, and when I lifted the
>> lid the cartridges moved to the "ok" slot.
> [snip]
>> In other words, I'm getting mixed messages from the machine. Despite
>> this, I suspect I need a new color cartridge. Agreed?
>
> Probably. You can print an diagnostic test as shown at the following:
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us....
> If some of the color nozzles print then a few cleaning cycles may recover
> the cartridge.
>
> Regards,

a b α HP
November 8, 2004 6:19:09 PM

Yes it sounds like it..

"Ken_B" <@> wrote in message news:10osgvao9sjpq0b@corp.supernews.com...
> This is a garage-sale special, which prints great in black-and-white but
> will not print color. The "low ink" light isn't on, and when I lifted the
> lid the cartridges moved to the "ok" slot.
>
> But after I did a head cleaning, the cartridges slid to the "color
cartridge
> low" slot.
>
> Meanwhile, I had read about cleaning the contacts, which I did. Then the
> cartridges again lined up with the "ok" slot with the cover open.
>
> In other words, I'm getting mixed messages from the machine. Despite this,
> suspect I need a new color cartridge. Agreed?

Anonymous
a b α HP
November 10, 2004 11:20:10 AM

Take the color cartridge out of the printer, take an empty needle and push
air int othe cartridge color openings.
now you might see color.

> I still could get no hint of color, so I've got a new color cartridge on
> order.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ken
>
> "Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Ken_B" <@> wrote in message news:10osgvao9sjpq0b@corp.supernews.com...
> >> This is a garage-sale special, which prints great in black-and-white
but
> >> will not print color. The "low ink" light isn't on, and when I lifted
the
> >> lid the cartridges moved to the "ok" slot.
> > [snip]
> >> In other words, I'm getting mixed messages from the machine. Despite
> >> this, I suspect I need a new color cartridge. Agreed?
> >
> > Probably. You can print an diagnostic test as shown at the following:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us...
duct=61012&dlc=en&lang=en.
> > If some of the color nozzles print then a few cleaning cycles may
recover
> > the cartridge.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP

Anonymous
a b α HP
November 11, 2004 5:29:57 PM

I put a new cartridge in and it's working great now.

Thanks for the replies.

"awknod" <awknod@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Take the color cartridge out of the printer, take an empty needle and push
> air int othe cartridge color openings.
> now you might see color.
>>
>> I still could get no hint of color, so I've got a new color cartridge on
>> order.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Ken
>>
>> "Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com> wrote in message

> but
> the
>> > [snip]
>> >
>> > Probably. You can print an diagnostic test as shown at the following:
>> >
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us...
> duct=61012&dlc=en&lang=en.
>> > If some of the color nozzles print then a few cleaning cycles may
> recover
>> > the cartridge.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP

November 11, 2004 9:39:35 PM

Bob Headrick wrote:

> You can print an diagnostic test as shown at the following:
>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us....

As usual, this is great info. Thanks Bob.

But a question...I understand the total engine page count, but what's
the "FB Page Count"?
Anonymous
a b α HP
November 12, 2004 1:55:13 AM

"Bill" <bill@c.a> wrote in message news:YLWdnSM0S_irZQ7cRVn-3w@golden.net...
> Bob Headrick wrote:
>
>> You can print an diagnostic test as shown at the following:
>>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us....
>
> As usual, this is great info. Thanks Bob.
>
> But a question...I understand the total engine page count, but what's
> the "FB Page Count"?

Could you remind me which printer this refer's to? My recollection is that FB
is Full Bleed (photo's) but the DeskJet 932 does not support full bleed.

Regards,
Bob Headrick
November 12, 2004 8:23:27 AM

Bob Headrick wrote:

>>> You can print an diagnostic test as shown at the following:
>>>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us....
>>
>> As usual, this is great info. Thanks Bob.
>>
>> But a question...I understand the total engine page count, but what's
>> the "FB Page Count"?
>
>Could you remind me which printer this refer's to? My recollection is that FB
>is Full Bleed (photo's) but the DeskJet 932 does not support full bleed.

My bad...it's the Deskjet 6540. And if it is Full Bleed, then it's only
referring to borderless photos?
Anonymous
a b α HP
November 12, 2004 12:22:52 PM

"Bill" <bill@c.a> wrote in message news:p -CdnaroF7WCEgncRVn-gg@golden.net...
> Bob Headrick wrote:

>>Could you remind me which printer this refer's to? My recollection is that
>>FB
>>is Full Bleed (photo's) but the DeskJet 932 does not support full bleed.
>
> My bad...it's the Deskjet 6540. And if it is Full Bleed, then it's only
> referring to borderless photos?

Yes, full bleed refers to 4 sided borderless printing. Typically this will
only be done with photo printing.

Regards,
November 12, 2004 6:38:56 PM

Bob Headrick wrote:

>>>Could you remind me which printer this refer's to? My recollection is that
>>>FB is Full Bleed (photo's) but the DeskJet 932 does not support full bleed.
>>
>> My bad...it's the Deskjet 6540. And if it is Full Bleed, then it's only
>> referring to borderless photos?
>
>Yes, full bleed refers to 4 sided borderless printing. Typically this will
>only be done with photo printing.

That explains the odd number. I've printed a few photos, some were
borderless and some not, and the number didn't match my total which kind
of confused me. I thought full bleed would mean ANY photo, not just
borderless.

Thanks for clarifying. :)
!