How to avoid showing default.html page

I use TS webclient to login to my terminal server.
Is it possible to save my server address in default.htm, so that, when the
users typein www.mydomain/tsweb/default.htm, they will be directly taken to
TS login dialogbox?

Thanks for any help

J Justin
3 answers Last reply
More about avoid showing default html page
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    Absolutely. I've created exactly what you're describing, and made it
    available to anyone who wants to download it:

    http://www.workthin.com/ZIP/TSWeb.zip

    Modify the line that looks something like "WAN_IP_Address_Here"

    Patrick Rouse
    Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
    http://www.workthin.com

    "Justin" wrote:

    > I use TS webclient to login to my terminal server.
    > Is it possible to save my server address in default.htm, so that, when the
    > users typein www.mydomain/tsweb/default.htm, they will be directly taken to
    > TS login dialogbox?
    >
    > Thanks for any help
    >
    > J Justin

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    Yes, it works perfectly. Thanks a lot. Is it possible to completely byepass
    this html page and go directly to TS login screen?

    J Justin

    "Patrick Rouse [MVP]" <PatrickRouseMVP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:73409E68-2416-401A-B4F7-36605F6C93FF@microsoft.com...
    > Absolutely. I've created exactly what you're describing, and made it
    > available to anyone who wants to download it:
    >
    > http://www.workthin.com/ZIP/TSWeb.zip
    >
    > Modify the line that looks something like "WAN_IP_Address_Here"
    >
    > Patrick Rouse
    > Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
    > http://www.workthin.com
    >
    > "Justin" wrote:
    >
    > > I use TS webclient to login to my terminal server.
    > > Is it possible to save my server address in default.htm, so that, when
    the
    > > users typein www.mydomain/tsweb/default.htm, they will be directly taken
    > > TS login dialogbox?
    > >
    > > Thanks for any help
    > >
    > > J Justin

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    Sure, use the Fat client, mstsc.exe.

    "Justin" wrote:

    > Yes, it works perfectly. Thanks a lot. Is it possible to completely byepass
    > this html page and go directly to TS login screen?
    >
    > J Justin
    >
    > "Patrick Rouse [MVP]" <PatrickRouseMVP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:73409E68-2416-401A-B4F7-36605F6C93FF@microsoft.com...
    > > Absolutely. I've created exactly what you're describing, and made it
    > > available to anyone who wants to download it:
    > >
    > > http://www.workthin.com/ZIP/TSWeb.zip
    > >
    > > Modify the line that looks something like "WAN_IP_Address_Here"
    > >
    > > Patrick Rouse
    > > Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
    > > http://www.workthin.com
    > >
    > > "Justin" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I use TS webclient to login to my terminal server.
    > > > Is it possible to save my server address in default.htm, so that, when
    > the
    > > > users typein www.mydomain/tsweb/default.htm, they will be directly taken
    > > > TS login dialogbox?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks for any help
    > > >
    > > > J Justin

Default Login HTML Terminal Server Windows