Need an approach plate

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

If anyone has the ILS approach plate for Reading :-)(KRDG) for runway 36 I'd
really appreciate having a copy in some kind of readable form. :-)
Many thanks
Dudley

Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot; CFI; Retired
dhenriques(trash) at earthlink (trash) dot net
(take out the trash
35 answers Last reply
More about need approach plate
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 04:34:29 GMT, "Dudley Henriques"
    <dhenriques@noware .net> brought the following to our attention:

    >If anyone has the ILS approach plate for Reading :-)(KRDG) for runway 36 I'd
    >really appreciate having a copy in some kind of readable form. :-)
    >Many thanks
    >Dudley
    >
    >Dudley Henriques
    >International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
    >Commercial Pilot; CFI; Retired
    >

    Is this the correct info?

    http://www.airnav.com/airport/KRDG
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Greg;
    Yup, that's the one. If you happen to have a clear copy of the Jepp plate
    for the 36 ILS or even in the old format, I could use it. I installed Bill
    Womack's absolutely beautiful scenery redu for the airport and am now
    commuting sim wise from New Castle Delaware to Reading every once in a
    while. I have all the plates for KILG, (New Castle) but don't have a thing
    for Reading which takes all the fun out of going up there IFR for the
    TOKEFOGO approach.....tokefogo is an acronym I once had painted on the cowl
    of my real life fighter.....means "to keep fogies from growing old"
    :-)
    Dudley

    "Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
    news:p3bk41pbf40145mlgl03p0oe3l0ic804m5@4ax.com...
    > On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 04:34:29 GMT, "Dudley Henriques"
    > <dhenriques@noware .net> brought the following to our attention:
    >
    >>If anyone has the ILS approach plate for Reading :-)(KRDG) for runway 36
    >>I'd
    >>really appreciate having a copy in some kind of readable form. :-)
    >>Many thanks
    >>Dudley
    >>
    >>Dudley Henriques
    >>International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
    >>Commercial Pilot; CFI; Retired
    >>
    >
    > Is this the correct info?
    >
    > http://www.airnav.com/airport/KRDG
    >
    >
    >
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 04:47:09 GMT, "Dudley Henriques"
    <dhenriques@noware .net> brought the following to our attention:

    >Hi Greg;
    >Yup, that's the one. If you happen to have a clear copy of the Jepp plate
    >for the 36 ILS or even in the old format, I could use it. I installed Bill
    >Womack's absolutely beautiful scenery redu for the airport and am now
    >commuting sim wise from New Castle Delaware to Reading every once in a
    >while. I have all the plates for KILG, (New Castle) but don't have a thing
    >for Reading which takes all the fun out of going up there IFR for the
    >TOKEFOGO approach.....tokefogo is an acronym I once had painted on the cowl
    >of my real life fighter.....means "to keep fogies from growing old"
    >:-)
    >Dudley


    May be off base with this one.. out of league even.. :)

    ....at the lower end of the AIRNAV webpage is the section with link

    IAPs - Instrument Approach Procedures
    ILS RWY 36 download (323KB)


    opened the 36 PDF doc a few minutes ago but now the server
    isn't responding.

    -G

    >"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 04:34:29 GMT, "Dudley Henriques"
    >> <dhenriques@noware .net> brought the following to our attention:
    >>
    >>>If anyone has the ILS approach plate for Reading :-)(KRDG) for runway 36
    >>>I'd
    >>>really appreciate having a copy in some kind of readable form. :-)
    >>>Many thanks
    >>>Dudley
    >>>
    >>>Dudley Henriques
    >>>International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
    >>>Commercial Pilot; CFI; Retired
    >>>
    >>
    >> Is this the correct info?
    >>
    >> http://www.airnav.com/airport/KRDG
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Dudley Henriques"
    > If anyone has the ILS approach plate for Reading :-)(KRDG) for runway 36
    I'd
    > really appreciate having a copy in some kind of readable form. :-)

    Yo Uncle Dudley,

    http://www.myairplane.com/databases/approach/pdfs/00627I36.PDF

    You can get all the charts you want at:

    http://www.myairplane.com/databases/approach/index.php

    :-)

    Dallas
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Dudley, try this:

    http://mylog.simradar.com/

    Login: promo
    password: promo

    And click the logo that looks like a chart (third from left to right)

    Then simply enter the code KRDG or the airport name.

    _________________________________________________________
    Posted via the -Web to Usenet- forums at http://forums.simradar.com
    Visit www.simradar.com and try our Flight Simulation Search Engine!
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    For Dallas,
    There is more than the US, so, you can get all the charts you want means the
    US only.

    "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> schreef in bericht
    news:Gqr2e.2176$x4.238@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
    >
    > "Dudley Henriques"
    >> If anyone has the ILS approach plate for Reading :-)(KRDG) for runway 36
    > I'd
    >> really appreciate having a copy in some kind of readable form. :-)
    >
    > Yo Uncle Dudley,
    >
    > http://www.myairplane.com/databases/approach/pdfs/00627I36.PDF
    >
    > You can get all the charts you want at:
    >
    > http://www.myairplane.com/databases/approach/index.php
    >
    > :-)
    >
    > Dallas
    >
    >
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Dudley wrote:

    > If anyone has the ILS approach plate for Reading :-)(KRDG) for runway
    36 I'd
    > really appreciate having a copy in some kind of readable form. :-)

    Dudley, I see that you received the chart, but did you get the Jepp
    chart for Reading? If you did not and you prefer it, I have the latest
    Jepp charts for the Northeast US and I would be happy to send you what
    you need.

    --
    Peter
    (posting with Google while at the "NG blocked port" site
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Quilly wrote:

    > However, because 250 million US citizens (or Septics as we call them
    here -
    > cockney rhyming slang for septic tanks!) do not even balance the
    population
    > of Europe, let alone India, China etc. those guys have to be reminded
    at
    > least daily, to realise that it's a much bigger world out here!

    A broad-brushed, prejudiced statement from a newbie I would have
    expected, but from you?

    Sheesh.

    --
    Peter
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Wim Dijkgraaf" <
    > There is more than the US, so, you can get all the charts you want means
    the
    > US only.

    LOL...

    Don't worry, I'm not one of those "Americans" with a narrow world view...

    I just know Uncle Dudley likes to fly on his home turf. :-)


    Dallas
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    > I just know Uncle Dudley likes to fly on his home turf. :-)
    >
    >
    > Dallas

    We know absolutely that you are not one of those Dally :-) :-)
    However, because 250 million US citizens (or Septics as we call them here -
    cockney rhyming slang for septic tanks!) do not even balance the population
    of Europe, let alone India, China etc. those guys have to be reminded at
    least daily, to realise that it's a much bigger world out here!


    Cheers,

    Quilly
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Got it; thanks everybody.
    D

    "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
    news:Gqr2e.2176$x4.238@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
    >
    > "Dudley Henriques"
    >> If anyone has the ILS approach plate for Reading :-)(KRDG) for runway 36
    > I'd
    >> really appreciate having a copy in some kind of readable form. :-)
    >
    > Yo Uncle Dudley,
    >
    > http://www.myairplane.com/databases/approach/pdfs/00627I36.PDF
    >
    > You can get all the charts you want at:
    >
    > http://www.myairplane.com/databases/approach/index.php
    >
    > :-)
    >
    > Dallas
    >
    >
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    That link is a discription link, but thanks anyway :-)
    D
    "Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
    news:7ick41dj8c89gl0d4v90icsbllflpnvvip@4ax.com...
    > On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 04:47:09 GMT, "Dudley Henriques"
    > <dhenriques@noware .net> brought the following to our attention:
    >
    >>Hi Greg;
    >>Yup, that's the one. If you happen to have a clear copy of the Jepp plate
    >>for the 36 ILS or even in the old format, I could use it. I installed Bill
    >>Womack's absolutely beautiful scenery redu for the airport and am now
    >>commuting sim wise from New Castle Delaware to Reading every once in a
    >>while. I have all the plates for KILG, (New Castle) but don't have a thing
    >>for Reading which takes all the fun out of going up there IFR for the
    >>TOKEFOGO approach.....tokefogo is an acronym I once had painted on the
    >>cowl
    >>of my real life fighter.....means "to keep fogies from growing old"
    >>:-)
    >>Dudley
    >
    >
    > May be off base with this one.. out of league even.. :)
    >
    > ...at the lower end of the AIRNAV webpage is the section with link
    >
    > IAPs - Instrument Approach Procedures
    > ILS RWY 36 download (323KB)
    >
    >
    > opened the 36 PDF doc a few minutes ago but now the server
    > isn't responding.
    >
    > -G
    >
    >>"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 04:34:29 GMT, "Dudley Henriques"
    >>> <dhenriques@noware .net> brought the following to our attention:
    >>>
    >>>>If anyone has the ILS approach plate for Reading :-)(KRDG) for runway 36
    >>>>I'd
    >>>>really appreciate having a copy in some kind of readable form. :-)
    >>>>Many thanks
    >>>>Dudley
    >>>>
    >>>>Dudley Henriques
    >>>>International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
    >>>>Commercial Pilot; CFI; Retired
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> Is this the correct info?
    >>>
    >>> http://www.airnav.com/airport/KRDG
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>
    >
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    This is a new link for me, and thanks. I didn't know about this one at all.
    Is this your site? If it is, I'll register if it will help you.
    D

    "Jose L Altuve Jr." <Jose L Altuve Jr.@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
    news:1112188906.27602@forums.simradar.com...
    > Dudley, try this:
    >
    > http://mylog.simradar.com/
    >
    > Login: promo
    > password: promo
    >
    > And click the logo that looks like a chart (third from left to right)
    >
    > Then simply enter the code KRDG or the airport name.
    >
    > _________________________________________________________
    > Posted via the -Web to Usenet- forums at http://forums.simradar.com
    > Visit www.simradar.com and try our Flight Simulation Search Engine!
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    The promo account has been around for ages :) a lot of people use it.
    So, you don't really need to register if you don't need to (registering
    only will enable you to use the online notepad tool, which, is usefull
    if you have the SPN software installed. The SPN software simply is an
    interface for the link I gave you, but from the flight Simulator
    Kneepad. So, if you don't really have a need for the SPN software or
    the online kneepad, there's no need to register, I'm not that desperate
    :)

    Just so you know, that link I gave you allows you to check Weather at
    any airport, Weather Radar, Worldwide Charts (not just the USA) news,
    chat and a bookmark tool. The fun part is accesing it from the kneepad
    without pausing flight simulator :)

    Here's a link to the SPN software

    http://www.simradar.com/File/2792/FS2004_Simradar_Pilot_Network_v2_0.ht
    ml

    _________________________________________________________
    Posted via the -Web to Usenet- forums at http://forums.simradar.com
    Visit www.simradar.com and try our Flight Simulation Search Engine!
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Many thanks Jose; it's an interesting site and very useful to the community.
    Dudley

    "Jose L Altuve Jr." <Jose L Altuve Jr.@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
    news:1112198426.28979@forums.simradar.com...
    > The promo account has been around for ages :) a lot of people use it.
    > So, you don't really need to register if you don't need to (registering
    > only will enable you to use the online notepad tool, which, is usefull
    > if you have the SPN software installed. The SPN software simply is an
    > interface for the link I gave you, but from the flight Simulator
    > Kneepad. So, if you don't really have a need for the SPN software or
    > the online kneepad, there's no need to register, I'm not that desperate
    > :)
    >
    > Just so you know, that link I gave you allows you to check Weather at
    > any airport, Weather Radar, Worldwide Charts (not just the USA) news,
    > chat and a bookmark tool. The fun part is accesing it from the kneepad
    > without pausing flight simulator :)
    >
    > Here's a link to the SPN software
    >
    > http://www.simradar.com/File/2792/FS2004_Simradar_Pilot_Network_v2_0.ht
    > ml
    >
    > _________________________________________________________
    > Posted via the -Web to Usenet- forums at http://forums.simradar.com
    > Visit www.simradar.com and try our Flight Simulation Search Engine!
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    > A broad-brushed, prejudiced statement from a newbie I would have
    > expected, but from you?
    >
    > Sheesh.

    A good point Peter, but I claim to have had my tongue in my cheek, however
    it was a bit cheap I agree.
    What is the smiley for a tongue in cheek comment BTW?


    --
    Cheers,

    Quilly
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Quilljar wrote:

    > What is the smiley for a tongue in cheek comment BTW?

    (:-^))
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 04:34:29 GMT, Dudley Henriques wrote:

    > If anyone has the ILS approach plate for Reading :-)(KRDG) for runway 36 I'd

    Hey!
    "Take a ride on the Reading Railroad."

    Monopoly! :-)

    --

    Marcel
    (There's no such thing as a natural-born pilot. - Chuck Yeager)
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Quilljar"
    > However, because 250 million US citizens
    > do not even balance the population
    > of Europe, let alone India, China etc. those guys have to be reminded at
    > least daily, to realise that it's a much bigger world out here!

    America is a very complex place... most of your leftpondarian American
    stereotypes would be shattered if you took a road trip across the USA.

    For instance: I live in Dallas, the 7th largest city in the USA.

    Would it surprise you to know that "white" European American are not the
    majority racial group in this big powerful city?

    Who is?.... Hispanics (Mexican & Central Americans) make up the majority of
    the population in this city.

    Would it surprise you to find out that "white" European Americans don't make
    up the second largest population group either?

    Nope, second place goes to the African Americans.

    "White" European Americans are the 3rd place minority in this city.

    34 million people living in America today were born in another country...
    (That's 12% of our population).

    More Africans have immigrated to America than were brought here in the days
    of slavery.

    Reminded its a bigger world? All I have to do is go to the grocery store to
    see the big world. Our population came from the world.


    Dallas
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Thanks pr. I'm good to go.
    Dudley
    "pr" <proffice@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message
    news:1112202001.227292.59480@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
    > Dudley wrote:
    >
    >> If anyone has the ILS approach plate for Reading :-)(KRDG) for runway
    > 36 I'd
    >> really appreciate having a copy in some kind of readable form. :-)
    >
    > Dudley, I see that you received the chart, but did you get the Jepp
    > chart for Reading? If you did not and you prefer it, I have the latest
    > Jepp charts for the Northeast US and I would be happy to send you what
    > you need.
    >
    > --
    > Peter
    > (posting with Google while at the "NG blocked port" site
    >
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Been there done that. Our son is a RR buff! :-)
    D

    "Marcel Kuijper" <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:s2hz9uodhobc$.pjihcl3mmnrf.dlg@40tude.net...
    > On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 04:34:29 GMT, Dudley Henriques wrote:
    >
    >> If anyone has the ILS approach plate for Reading :-)(KRDG) for runway 36
    >> I'd
    >
    > Hey!
    > "Take a ride on the Reading Railroad."
    >
    > Monopoly! :-)
    >
    > --
    >
    > Marcel
    > (There's no such thing as a natural-born pilot. - Chuck Yeager)
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Dally,
    I hear what you say and I don't disagree with any of it. It is just that I
    have first hand experience of visiting the USA many times and many different
    parts. I have been asked in Oregon if I am African because of my English
    accent. I have been congratulated on my English in New Jersey because I
    obviously came from somewhere in Europe. I have been asked in Florida if we
    speak English in England!

    These experiences and others lead me to believe that, perhaps because of its
    own immense variety and interest, many US inhabitants do not know, and often
    do not wish to know, much about the rest of the world. I won't generalise
    however, and on this side of the pond I support America in most things. I
    know that this present government does not represent a very great majority
    too!


    Cheers,

    Quilly
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:14:54 +0100, "Quilljar"
    <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> brought the following to our
    attention:

    >Dally,
    >I hear what you say and I don't disagree with any of it. It is just that I
    >have first hand experience of visiting the USA many times and many different
    >parts. I have been asked in Oregon if I am African because of my English
    >accent. I have been congratulated on my English in New Jersey because I
    >obviously came from somewhere in Europe. I have been asked in Florida if we
    >speak English in England!
    >
    >These experiences and others lead me to believe that, perhaps because of its
    >own immense variety and interest, many US inhabitants do not know, and often
    >do not wish to know, much about the rest of the world. I won't generalise
    >however, and on this side of the pond I support America in most things. I
    >know that this present government does not represent a very great majority
    >too!
    >
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Quilly
    >

    It's unfortunately true.. what QuillSa' is saying. have a look at
    Dogpile metasearch results for author as follows:

    http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/search/web/charlotte%2Biserbyt%2Bdeliberate


    and [it] plays into the mass media issue.. and especially popular
    culture.. that you've heard rants on before. plus our president.. in
    concert with pharmaceutical companies.... want to conduct
    psychiatric screening one EVERY American child. DRUGS!!
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:04:38 -0500, Gregory wrote:
    > May be off base with this one.. out of league even.. :)
    >
    > ...at the lower end of the AIRNAV webpage is the section with link
    >
    > IAPs - Instrument Approach Procedures
    > ILS RWY 36 download (323KB)

    http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0503/00627I36.PDF

    It's working just fine here... ;)

    Bill
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:30:22 -0500, Bill Leaming <n4gix@comcast.net>
    brought the following to our attention:

    >On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:04:38 -0500, Gregory wrote:
    >> May be off base with this one.. out of league even.. :)
    >>
    >> ...at the lower end of the AIRNAV webpage is the section with link
    >>
    >> IAPs - Instrument Approach Procedures
    >> ILS RWY 36 download (323KB)
    >
    >http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0503/00627I36.PDF
    >
    >It's working just fine here... ;)
    >
    >Bill

    yep.. that's the link .. would you consider that a `Jepp plate' ?
    it's an approach plate.. isn't it? not sure of the exact terminology.

    notice the IP in the hyperlink.. felt uncomfortable posting an
    ambiguous URL like that. anyway thanks.


    -Gregory
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 19:55:27 +0200, Marcel Kuijper
    <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> brought the following to our
    attention:

    >On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 04:34:29 GMT, Dudley Henriques wrote:
    >
    >> If anyone has the ILS approach plate for Reading :-)(KRDG) for runway 36 I'd
    >
    >Hey!
    >"Take a ride on the Reading Railroad."
    >
    >Monopoly! :-)

    Not far from Reading is Lancaster PA (aka Lancaster County) where the
    Quakers live. Pennsylvania Dutch country.. they ride around in horse
    and buggy, wear the same black outfits, and to my knowledge have no
    phones or even electricity. Thinks might have changed.. but these
    folks are simple all right. They get together and raise barns etc.

    -Gregory
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    --
    Cheers,

    Quilly
    "Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
    news:56vn419bthuqoei0q766o89nnu6top22mp@4ax.com...
    > On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:14:54 +0100, "Quilljar"
    > <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> brought the following to our
    > attention:
    >
    >>Dally,
    >>I hear what you say and I don't disagree with any of it. It is just that I
    >>have first hand experience of visiting the USA many times and many
    >>different
    >>parts. I have been asked in Oregon if I am African because of my English
    >>accent. I have been congratulated on my English in New Jersey because I
    >>obviously came from somewhere in Europe. I have been asked in Florida if
    >>we
    >>speak English in England!
    >>
    >>These experiences and others lead me to believe that, perhaps because of
    >>its
    >>own immense variety and interest, many US inhabitants do not know, and
    >>often
    >>do not wish to know, much about the rest of the world. I won't generalise
    >>however, and on this side of the pond I support America in most things. I
    >>know that this present government does not represent a very great majority
    >>too!
    >>
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>
    >>Quilly
    >>
    >
    > It's unfortunately true.. what QuillSa' is saying. have a look at
    > Dogpile metasearch results for author as follows:
    >
    > http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/search/web/charlotte%2Biserbyt%2Bdeliberate
    >
    >
    > and [it] plays into the mass media issue.. and especially popular
    > culture.. that you've heard rants on before. plus our president.. in
    > concert with pharmaceutical companies.... want to conduct
    > psychiatric screening one EVERY American child. DRUGS!!
    >
    >
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Nobody, but nobody - ever gets dumbed down unless they want to be. Books and
    education of the highest standards are available all over the US and Europe.
    Conspiracy theories are adolescent.

    Now back to my Flight Sim :-)


    Quilly
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Current census statistics assume that by 2025 the majority race in the US will no longer be white, it will be oriental.
    A lot can happen in twenty years. But that was a surprising trend for most of us.

    --
    ....Carl Frisk
    Anger is a brief madness.
    - Horace, 20 B.C.
    http://www.carlfrisk.com


    "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message news:EvG2e.2479$x4.1507@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
    > "Quilljar"
    >> However, because 250 million US citizens
    >> do not even balance the population
    >> of Europe, let alone India, China etc. those guys have to be reminded at
    >> least daily, to realise that it's a much bigger world out here!
    >
    > America is a very complex place... most of your leftpondarian American
    > stereotypes would be shattered if you took a road trip across the USA.
    >
    > For instance: I live in Dallas, the 7th largest city in the USA.
    >
    > Would it surprise you to know that "white" European American are not the
    > majority racial group in this big powerful city?
    >
    > Who is?.... Hispanics (Mexican & Central Americans) make up the majority of
    > the population in this city.
    >
    > Would it surprise you to find out that "white" European Americans don't make
    > up the second largest population group either?
    >
    > Nope, second place goes to the African Americans.
    >
    > "White" European Americans are the 3rd place minority in this city.
    >
    > 34 million people living in America today were born in another country...
    > (That's 12% of our population).
    >
    > More Africans have immigrated to America than were brought here in the days
    > of slavery.
    >
    > Reminded its a bigger world? All I have to do is go to the grocery store to
    > see the big world. Our population came from the world.
    >
    >
    > Dallas
    >
    >
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 11:22:52 GMT, "Carl Frisk"
    <c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> brought the following to our attention:

    >Current census statistics assume that by 2025 the majority race in the US will no longer be white, it will be oriental.
    >A lot can happen in twenty years. But that was a surprising trend for most of us.

    Carl.. it goes very deep and broad beneath on this subject.. but out
    of scope for the Sim newsgroup. As for the `education & knowledge'
    subject a recent survey of American kids shows that 17% believe the
    sun orbits the earth each day. Others significantly believed the earth
    orbited once per day around the sun.
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Carl Frisk"
    > Current census statistics assume that by 2025 the majority race in the US
    will no longer be white, it will be oriental.
    > A lot can happen in twenty years. But that was a surprising trend for
    most of us.

    Na... the Texas Hispanics would never let that happen.

    The birth rate at Dallas County's Parkland Hospital is second only to a
    hospital in Bombay, India. Time to brush up on your Spanish. :-)

    Dallas
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Gregory"
    > subject a recent survey of American kids shows that 17% believe the
    > sun orbits the earth each day.

    Naa.. I'd have to see the survey before I bought that.


    Dallas
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Quilljar" <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:3b36nsF6dt22vU1@individual.net...
    Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 22:00:46 +0100

    Nobody, but nobody - ever gets dumbed down unless they want to be.
    Books and education of the highest standards are available all over
    the US and Europe. Conspiracy theories are adolescent.

    LOL! Hi Quilly... I had a good laugh at that one! As the academic
    community in general has proven time and time again that they have no
    clue what they are doing. As they are generally nothing more than just
    amateurs in the really big picture of things. And they are totally
    incapable of thinking outside of the box. And as far as they are
    concern, nothing actually exists outside of the box.

    And as far as conspiracy theories, the largest sources come from books
    and education in my experience anyway.

    Now back to my Flight Sim :-)

    Flying FS98 right now on my laptop. It's not powerful enough to run
    FS2002 or FS2004. And while I am not crazy about flying around with a
    mouse (too lazy to get my I-Controller from the other room right now and
    if I did that, why not fire up FS9 anyway?). And the one good thing
    about it is that you don't have to mess around with any trims with a
    mouse. Also really handy for forward heli flying. <grin>


    Cheers!


    ______________________________________________
    Bill (using a Toshiba 2595XDVD & Windows 2000)
    -- written and edited within Word 2000
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "pr" <proffice@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message
    news:1112203452.197127.278070@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
    Date: 30 Mar 2005 09:24:12 -0800

    Quilly wrote:

    > However, because 250 million US citizens (or Septics as we call
    > them here - cockney rhyming slang for septic tanks!) do not even
    > balance the population of Europe, let alone India, China etc. those
    > guys have to be reminded at least daily, to realise that it's a
    > much bigger world out here!

    A broad-brushed, prejudiced statement from a newbie I would have
    expected, but from you? Sheesh.

    It's pretty amazing, isn't it Peter? As whenever they are being attack
    and there are billions of people in the world to call on, but whom do
    they always call to save their butts? Yet when Americans are being
    attacked, they pretend they don't even know you. That's thanks for ya!


    Cheers!


    ______________________________________________
    Bill (using a Toshiba 2595XDVD & Windows 2000)
    -- written and edited within Word 2000
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:55:15 -0500, Gregory wrote:

    > On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:30:22 -0500, Bill Leaming <n4gix@comcast.net>
    >>http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0503/00627I36.PDF

    > yep.. that's the link .. would you consider that a `Jepp plate' ?
    > it's an approach plate.. isn't it? not sure of the exact terminology.
    >
    > notice the IP in the hyperlink.. felt uncomfortable posting an
    > ambiguous URL like that. anyway thanks.

    Hmmm... it resolves to the FAA, so I'm not too uncomfortable with it... ;)

    Bill
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Microsoft Video Games