Microsoft RDP Client - change default bitmap cache directory

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services,microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

Hi,

Background:
I have a number of Compaq T20 64/96 NT Embedded Windows Thin Clients.

With some screwing around I have managed to install the latest RDP
client from Microsoft (5.2.3790). Works really well !

My Challenge:
I have a problem in that the bitmap cache file is writing to the
flashrom. I would like to change the configuration to write the cache
file to the Ram drive.

Further Information:
I have searched everywhere but I have only found the following:

* There is a setting in the old Windows CE registry
"BitmapPersistCacheLocation", You could specify the directory here,
but it doesn't seem to work with this client / OS

* You can also add this to the .RDP client file but I am unsure how to
specify a : character in the path as it is used as a delimiter in the
file.
ie. "bitmappersistcachelocation:s:Z:\"

I have also tried using an environment variable in the .RDP file
"bitmappersistcachelocation:s:%TEMP%" where %TEMP% = Z:\ (ram drive)
but again this doesn't seem to work.

My Questions to you...
Either:
* Can someone tell me exactly how to do this (presuming it can be
done)
or
* Can someone please point me to some documetation that explains the
..RDP file format and how I can set this parameter.
or
* Can someone from MS tell me that it can't be done

BTW If it can't be done, it would be a nice addition to the app.

Thanks
Chris Wilson
21c Technology Consulting
Sydney NSW Australia
http://21c.tc/

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services,microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

I've done it myself in XP Embedded.
check:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wceappenduser5/html/wce50conRDPRegistrySettings.asp
or: