Bizarre colors with Epson R800

I've had an Epson R800 for several months, and haven't used it for about 4
months. I only use Epson Premium Glossy paper, or printable CD's with
this printer. Most of my printing is done on my laser printer (an hp1300).
I use Adobe Photoshop Elements for editing pictures, and get pretty stunning
results on my monitor, an IBM P72. Although I haven't gone to the trouble
and expense of calibrating the monitor, the last prints I got (back in June)
were pretty close to the image on the monitor, although not quite as
saturated. The people I did them for were knocked out (wedding pictures,
11x8.5).
I've been trying to print a duplicate of one of the other pictures I did
soon after I got it (close up of my daughter and her cousin), but the print
has come out truly bizarre. Contrast and saturation are off the scale - it
almost looks posterized. I've tried changing profiles etc., but nothing
seems to have much effect. I've also run the head cleaning utility, and
although there were a few gaps before cleaning, it's running perfect now. A
couple of cartridges were low, and emptied while I was running the tests,
but all are now at least 1/3 full.
What the heck is going on here?
David

Never mind. I rebooted and everything is wonderful again. No idea what the
problem was! This is a FABULOUS printer!
D de J
"David de Jongh" <numfric_nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've had an Epson R800 for several months, and haven't used it for about 4
> months. I only use Epson Premium Glossy paper, or printable CD's with
> this printer. Most of my printing is done on my laser printer (an
> hp1300).
> I use Adobe Photoshop Elements for editing pictures, and get pretty
> stunning results on my monitor, an IBM P72. Although I haven't gone to
> the trouble and expense of calibrating the monitor, the last prints I got
> (back in June) were pretty close to the image on the monitor, although not
> quite as saturated. The people I did them for were knocked out (wedding
> pictures, 11x8.5).
> I've been trying to print a duplicate of one of the other pictures I did
> soon after I got it (close up of my daughter and her cousin), but the
> print has come out truly bizarre. Contrast and saturation are off the
> scale - it almost looks posterized. I've tried changing profiles etc.,
> but nothing seems to have much effect. I've also run the head cleaning
> utility, and although there were a few gaps before cleaning, it's running
> perfect now. A couple of cartridges were low, and emptied while I was
> running the tests, but all are now at least 1/3 full.
> What the heck is going on here?
> David

I bought a R800 a couple of weeks ago but haven't set it up yet.
I'm still using my Photo 820. When you print onto CD's, does the R800
apply the clear coat on the CD?
I hopw so. On the CD/DVD forum them guys are spraying their CD/DVD's
from a can, some kind of matte clear coat from Walmart.

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 23:31:26 GMT, "David de Jongh"