How can I map client HD when they using TS

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 10, 2004 6:04:11 PM

Dear All:

I would like to ask how user connect to TS can show his/her own
HD only. Clients (Win2000 professional) using RDP connect to TS (Win2000
server).

Thanks,
^_^

More about : map client

Anonymous
September 11, 2004 5:31:06 PM

Local drive redirection is not a native feature of Windows 2000 TS.
You need to upgrade to 2003, or use a utility like TSDropCopy, or the
Resource Kit utility DriveShare.

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/system/tsdc.ht...

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"T_T" <some@one.com> wrote on 10 sep 2004:

> Dear All:
>
> I would like to ask how user connect to TS can show his/her own
> HD only. Clients (Win2000 professional) using RDP connect to TS
> (Win2000 server).
>
> Thanks,
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 6:36:41 PM

Vera Noest[MVP]
Thanks so much for your kindly suggestion

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
> Local drive redirection is not a native feature of Windows 2000 TS.
> You need to upgrade to 2003, or use a utility like TSDropCopy, or the
> Resource Kit utility DriveShare.
>
> http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/system/tsdc.ht...
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "T_T" <some@one.com> wrote on 10 sep 2004:
>
> > Dear All:
> >
> > I would like to ask how user connect to TS can show his/her own
> > HD only. Clients (Win2000 professional) using RDP connect to TS
> > (Win2000 server).
> >
> > Thanks,
September 13, 2004 1:09:13 PM

Dear All:

I have applied the Resource Kit utility DriveShare. The OS doesn't let me
install it.
Since it told me that it has path already applied.
Does it has other alterative way?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
T_T

"T_T" <some@one.com> wrote in message
> Vera Noest[MVP]
> Thanks so much for your kindly suggestion
>
> "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
> > Local drive redirection is not a native feature of Windows 2000 TS.
> > You need to upgrade to 2003, or use a utility like TSDropCopy, or the
> > Resource Kit utility DriveShare.
> >
> > http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/system/tsdc.ht...
> >
> > --
> > Vera Noest
> > MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> > http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> > --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
> >
> > "T_T" <some@one.com> wrote on 10 sep 2004:
> >
> > > Dear All:
> > >
> > > I would like to ask how user connect to TS can show his/her own
> > > HD only. Clients (Win2000 professional) using RDP connect to TS
> > > (Win2000 server).
> > >
> > > Thanks,

Anonymous
September 24, 2004 11:25:07 AM

Sure, you can try the TSDropCopy utility that Vera referenced.

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
http://www.workthin.com

!