How can I map client HD when they using TS

Dear All:

I would like to ask how user connect to TS can show his/her own
HD only. Clients (Win2000 professional) using RDP connect to TS (Win2000
server).

Thanks,
^_^
4 answers Last reply
More about client
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    Local drive redirection is not a native feature of Windows 2000 TS.
    You need to upgrade to 2003, or use a utility like TSDropCopy, or the
    Resource Kit utility DriveShare.

    http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/system/tsdc.htm

    --
    Vera Noest
    http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

    "T_T" <some@one.com> wrote on 10 sep 2004:

    > Dear All:
    >
    > I would like to ask how user connect to TS can show his/her own
    > HD only. Clients (Win2000 professional) using RDP connect to TS
    > (Win2000 server).
    >
    > Thanks,
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    Vera Noest[MVP]
    Thanks so much for your kindly suggestion

    "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
    > Local drive redirection is not a native feature of Windows 2000 TS.
    > You need to upgrade to 2003, or use a utility like TSDropCopy, or the
    > Resource Kit utility DriveShare.
    >
    > http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/system/tsdc.htm
    >
    > --
    > Vera Noest
    > http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
    > --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
    >
    > "T_T" <some@one.com> wrote on 10 sep 2004:
    >
    > > Dear All:
    > >
    > > I would like to ask how user connect to TS can show his/her own
    > > HD only. Clients (Win2000 professional) using RDP connect to TS
    > > (Win2000 server).
    > >
    > > Thanks,
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    Dear All:

    I have applied the Resource Kit utility DriveShare. The OS doesn't let me
    install it.
    Since it told me that it has path already applied.
    Does it has other alterative way?

    Thanks a lot.

    Best regards,
    T_T

    "T_T" <some@one.com> wrote in message
    > Vera Noest[MVP]
    > Thanks so much for your kindly suggestion
    >
    > "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
    > > Local drive redirection is not a native feature of Windows 2000 TS.
    > > You need to upgrade to 2003, or use a utility like TSDropCopy, or the
    > > Resource Kit utility DriveShare.
    > >
    > > http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/system/tsdc.htm
    > >
    > > --
    > > Vera Noest
    > > MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
    > > http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
    > > --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
    > >
    > > "T_T" <some@one.com> wrote on 10 sep 2004:
    > >
    > > > Dear All:
    > > >
    > > > I would like to ask how user connect to TS can show his/her own
    > > > HD only. Clients (Win2000 professional) using RDP connect to TS
    > > > (Win2000 server).
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    Sure, you can try the TSDropCopy utility that Vera referenced.

    Patrick Rouse
    Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
    http://www.workthin.com

    "T_T" wrote:

    > Dear All:
    >
    > I have applied the Resource Kit utility DriveShare. The OS doesn't let me
    > install it.
    > Since it told me that it has path already applied.
    > Does it has other alterative way?
    >
    > Thanks a lot.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > T_T
    >

    > "T_T" <some@one.com> wrote in message
    > > Vera Noest[MVP]
    > > Thanks so much for your kindly suggestion
    > >
    > > "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
    > > > Local drive redirection is not a native feature of Windows 2000 TS.
    > > > You need to upgrade to 2003, or use a utility like TSDropCopy, or the
    > > > Resource Kit utility DriveShare.
    > > >
    > > > http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/system/tsdc.htm
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Vera Noest
    > > > MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
    > > > http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
    > > > --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---

Connection Microsoft HD Windows