Picking out a new case (I have some ideas in mind)

MTLink

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2005
I need a new case for my new rig, specs are:

-Asus A8N-E mobo (although I may opt to change to an SLi one)
-AMD Athlon 3200+ 64
-XFX GeForce 6600GT (if prices go down on the 6800GS, I'll get that instead)
-1GB Dual Channel Crucial XMS 184-Pin DDR400 PC3200 RAM (512MB x2)
-XClio 450W PSU

I'm currently considering the following cases:

Ultra Wizard Black ATX Mid-Tower (never heard of this brand, but looks good)

Premium 2525 Black ATX Mid-Tower (never heard of this brand either, but look at those air vents!)

Chenming 301KEB Black ATX Mid-Tower (Chenming is supposed to be pretty good, no air ducts though, just a few vent holes)

Cheming GF-2852 Black ATX Mid-Tower (looks nice, but since it's a new item, there aren't any reviews yet besides the one on that page)

Antec SLK3000B

If you have any recommendations, then please feel free to list them, however I would like them to meet these requirements:

-Black or mostly black
-At least 1 front USB 2.0 ports
-No windows
-Quiet
-Takes heat well
-$60 MAX (including shipping, which is usually $15-25 at most sites)

Also, while reading the "cool computer" guide on SVC, they said that 120MM fans are better for keeping a computer quiet because it circulates the same amount of air as an 80MM fan but has "more space to work with", thus making it quiet. What about 2 80MM fans? Would that be quiet or loud?

MTLink

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2005
No, it can be from online. The reason I go to SVC is that it's located near me and I can order online and go there to pick it up. But if it's from an etailer like Newegg, then that's okay too.

daweinah

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
I recommend this

/boggle

How does that case work?
What's that tube thing?
Why are the expansion slot openings so high?

EDIT: Ooh ok, got it. The window is on the opposite side, so the motherboard is mounted a different way, which puts the slots at the top and the cpu down low. The hard drive mounts are moved from the front bottom to rear top, and the power supply is moved from rear top to front top.

Seems like that wastes a lot of space, with that bar running across the top like that. Lastly, how does the tunnel work? What is it shaped like?

MTLink

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2005
Oops, forgot to mention, has to be Mid-Tower.

Okay I decided to almost completely change my case needs. Please refer to the first post again.