Connectivity issues with linksys

amanaka

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
So i have a wireless-b 2.4 ghz 802.11b linkys broadband router. I have internet with comcast. i just purchased a new vaio laptop with windows 7. I am having issues with connectivity with my wireless internet. It will connect and then drop and continuously do this. I can connect to my phone's hotspot and have no issues. i've taken this laptop into where i bought it and of course they found nothing wrong and it worked just fine there. I also have 2 other laptops, one a toshiba with windows vista, and another with windows xp and they both connect just fine with no issues. If anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it.

Solution
It maybe because your router is a bit out of date. Chances are that your laptop's wireless card is designed to work best with the g or n wireless standard, which is probably why you are having better luck connecting to your phone's hotspot. I recommend purchasing a new wireless router, particularly something with the N standard (most routers are now a days).
It maybe because your router is a bit out of date. Chances are that your laptop's wireless card is designed to work best with the g or n wireless standard, which is probably why you are having better luck connecting to your phone's hotspot. I recommend purchasing a new wireless router, particularly something with the N standard (most routers are now a days).

Solution